• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been Bobby after a long hiatus ... Nice to see this - a nice farewell gift considering we'll likely let him go for free at year's end.

This version of Firmino is easily worth 40 million in the market. We're going to lose him on a free soon. Another way we've mismanaged our players.

Can, Wijnaldum, Origi and now Firmino, Keita and Ox. Each of those players could have generated substantial money in the transfer market, but we let them go for free.

Would you give him a 1 year extension if he keeps this form up? I would.

I was actually thinking about starting a thread posing that question last night.

He is, on this form, certainly worth a place in the squad and we can't afford to replace him anyway... but... I've since had second thoughts about whether it'd be worth keeping him.

He's been pretty iffy for the last few years and his good form coming before a World Cup and during a period where our play (aka INTENSITY) has slowed down to a snails pace might be all be a conincidence... but also might not be.

We have to be smart about the rebuild (if indeed FSG have any plans to rebuild) and it feels far too risky at this point to give another 30+ player a fat contract on the back of a purple patch.

That said, a one year extension would be fine. Potentially quite useful for us. But he'd be mad to take it, particularly coming off the back of a good season. This will likely be his last "big" move and he will want to take advantage of his Bosman status and get that cash money.

Would you give him a 1 year extension if he keeps this form up? I would.

Sentiment aside, he'll want a huge contract if form continues as probably last big contract ... so he'll want multiple year contract, and I don't think we can afford these contracts anymore as we're in 'small' rebuild.

Yup a year extension would suit us, disappearing to Spain or Italy for 2 or 3 years would suit him. We need to remember the reasons why we’ve cooled on players at times like this but he’s looking like he might have overcome that.

He might take a one year extension and I think we should give him one as long as it's not astronomical in terms of wages.

Not so sure he'd turn down a 1 year extension. He loves the club and team mates and his family is settled here. He's not exactly on a pittance and I find it unlikely he'd get a big payday elsewhere (at least not much different to what he'd get another year on, other clubs being unlikely to pay him what he's on now).

Not even a remote chance.

The fact he’s our player of the season so far is a strong indication of how fall the rest have fallen more than him getting back to his best.

It’s actually frustrating as fuck that his form picks up when theirs something on the line for him with a WC coming and a potential big contract here or elsewhere.

Where was this for the last 2.5 years!

At his age, he will be searching for a contract which lasts more than one year, probably three, or two with an option.

Not even a remote chance.

The fact he’s our player of the season so far is a strong indication of how fall the rest have fallen more than him getting back to his best.

It’s actually frustrating as fuck that his form picks up when theirs something on the line for him with a WC coming and a potential big contract here or elsewhere.

Where was this for the last 2.5 years!

How far have the other 507 players in the league fallen this season then that havent scored more goals than him?
Joint 3rd top scorer, 2 goals behind Kane with 3 games less played.

It's not just that, he has a fucking clue when picking the ball up in midfield, which is good, because we keep shitting ourselves and hoofing away possession.

Why would he take a 1 year contract when his stock is high. He would be looking for a 3-4 years contract + a substantial signing on fee, as with most of them.

He is playing for the final big contract. It will be the same issue as Salah once he signs the contract.

Maybe not having the legs and mobility to press like he used to has meant Bobby is getting into more goalscoring positions now? That said, I'd pretty much gave up on him. Long may this goalscoring form continue.

FgBZVW6XEBcw98R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom