• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Biggest net profit ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, they took Rangers to court time and again until they won the case.
Rangers scheme was out & out illegal though, if memory serves, not 'normal' tax avoidance.

If it's tax avoidance then the have a chance of losing in court, & when there's even a small chance of losing they won't pursue it, cos the court costs are phenomenonal.

That said, I don't know when/how this changed, it could be a relatively recent decision not to do so, but I know in the past year most multi nationals have simply settled up after calling their bluff over going to court.

But yeah, the HMRC is fucked, and can easily be gamed by wealthy people.

HMRC get loads of shit from the media if they 'waste taxpayers money' by losing a costly court case, & get a little bit of shit from small sections of the media cos bonuses like that pay almost no tax & multi nationals can avoid paying proper tax using avoidance schemes.

Also, they have a budget of X, so if there's already a potentially costly court case ongoing they just literally won't have the cash to pursue it.

It's astonishingly short sighted, & is something a brave Government could sort relatively easily with legislation that if a company earned X amount but paid below Y amount of tax, then they pay the shortfall immediately & the court case would be to find whether they would get it back or not.

Of course there's no way this government would do so though, seeing as a lot of them do this shit.

Sheriff of Nottingham and his men can fuck off anyway.

Id avoid the fuck out of giving this shithouse government a penny if I could.

I pay every person who ever does any work for me in cash so if they chose to they can keep the money for the actual work they did.

Fuck the man.

Sheriff of Nottingham and his men can fuck off anyway.

Id avoid the fuck out of giving this shithouse government a penny if I could.

I pay every person who ever does any work for me in cash so if they chose to they can keep the money for the actual work they did.

Fuck the man.
What the fuck did we ever do to you?!

Would love adidas for sentimental reasons but when it comes to kit deals i'm more interested in how much the manufacturer pays us. Top bidder gets it if he helps us continue making marquee signings like Alisson and VVD

Post the article you spamming fucking bluebellend
It has too many fucking ads, you knob head.

Just for you here's one from the BBC

Manchester City replaces Nike with Puma in kit deal

_105835990_paulinebremerandvincentkompany.jpg
Image copyrightPUMA
Image captionThe deal covers men's, women's and youth teams at five clubs in the City Football Group
Premier League champions Manchester City have signed a long-term kit deal with Germany's Puma, replacing their current agreement with Nike.
The size of the deal was not disclosed, but media reports suggest it could be worth up to £65m a year for 10 years.
It will come into effect in July and also covers sister clubs in Australia, Spain, Uruguay and China.
Puma chief executive Bjorn Gulden said it was the biggest deal his firm had ever done.
He said Puma wanted to "maximise on-field performance as well as football culture, in areas such as music, gaming and fashion, to connect and inspire the fanbase of each team".
Mr Gulden said the deal with City included a fixed retainer, a bonus based on sporting achievements and a royalty element.
Ferran Soriano, boss of the club's holding company City Football Group (CFG), said: "It is a historic day for us. What we are doing has not been done before. It is an unprecedented partnership."
Mr Sorriano said the sponsorship agreement would "reset the model for sports partnerships on a truly global scale".
_105841892_teamskit-nc.png

_97415642_007_in_numbers_624.png

Sports sponsorship expert Nigel Currie told the BBC that the deal reflected the changing nature of sports sponsorship and the increasingly global nature of the Premier League's appeal.
He added: "Merchandising is vital. It's not pure sponsorship, it's a commercial deal. It will be all about replica kit sales and creating a range of merchandise for the fashion world."
The other clubs covered by the deal are Melbourne City, Girona, Club Atletico Torque and Sichuan Jiunjiu.
The Chinese club was added to CFG's stable earlier this month.
The deal covers men's, women's and youth teams at every club.
Other big sponsorship deals in English football include Manchester United's tie-up with Adidas, which is reportedly worth £75m a year, and Nike's agreement with Chelsea.
Puma already has deals with a number of top European clubs, including Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan and Marseille.

Barca getting double everyone else, bloody hell. Surprised by that, I thought utd might be top.

Would love to see the impact of Messi retiring on Barca's shirt sales - i bet about 90% of all Barca shirts have Messi emblazoned on them.

Something fishy here. No way Real would accept Adidas paying a third of Barcas deal. So I think Barcas number reflects that Nike is a main sponsor, not only a shirt supplier.

Something fishy here. No way Real would accept Adidas paying a third of Barcas deal. So I think Barcas number reflects that Nike is a main sponsor, not only a shirt supplier.
Real Madrid Agree 'Record' €1.1bn Kit Deal With adidas as Los Blancos Seek to Upstage Barcelona
picture

Chris Deeley05 NOV 2018
Real Madrid are set to sign the biggest kit deal in football history, renewing their agreement with adidas to the tune of €1.1bn over the 10 years from 2020 to 2030.

Marca report that Real's marketing department, led by José Ángel Sánchez, have been in negotiations with the German company for a number of years over the renewal, with companies including Nike and Under Armour attempting to nose in on negotiations.
adidas refused to give up their 'crown jewel' though, agreeing to renew with the reigning European champions for a further 10 years in what the Spanish newspaper call the biggest kit deal in football history.

The report will provide a much needed boost to the mood around Los Blancos – no doubt the intention behind the timing, given Marca's well documented close ties with the club – after manager Julen Lopetegui was sacked at the end of last month just a few months after being appointed.

Indeed, Marca's report contains a section simply titled 'The Barça agreement', claiming that the Catalan side's deal with Nike – reported at the time of renewal to be worth up to €155m a year, and therefore more than Real's reported adidas renewal – is 'really' worth just €83m per season, noting, "It is usual for clubs to inflate their figures as they are very difficult to prove."
The point scoring between Spain's two largest clubs, often via their media proxies (AS and Marca for Real, Mundo Deportivo and Sport for Barcelona) is such that it's often difficult to decipher news from propaganda – and as such, it may be unclear for some time which club truly has the most income from their kit deals.

Barcelona confirm record kit deal with Nike

By AFP

Last Updated: 29/10/16 7:55pm
skysports-barcelona-lionel-messi-neymar-luis-suarez-champions-league_3812573.jpg

La Liga champions Barcelona have confirmed a €155m-a-season kit deal with Nike
Barcelona have confirmed a long-term contract extension with American kit manufacturers Nike that will see the Catalan giants make at least 155m euros (£140m) a season from 2018.
The initial deal, which smashes Manchester United's previous record £750m (835m euros) 10-year deal with Adidas, will run until 2023 when Barca's members will have the chance to vote in favour of a further five-year extension.

"It is a figure which puts us No 1 in the world for sponsorship in the sports industry," Barca vice-president Manuel Arroyo told the club's annual general meeting on Saturday.

"The fixed rate of the contract increases 48 per cent and the royalties also increase.
"From this season (2018-19), the total turnover of the deal will be around 155m euros."
skysports-barcelona-rafinha-alcantara-laliga-spain-football_3809275.jpg

The new contract smashes Manchester United's previous record £750 million 10-year deal with Adidas

Barca confirmed in May they had reached a deal to continue their partnership with Nike, which began in 1998, without releasing the value of the deal.
The agreement will be a huge boost to Barcelona's aim to be the first football club to break the one billion euro revenue barrier by 2021.
The Spanish champions overcame eternal rivals Real Madrid with a record turnover of 679m euros (£612m) last season.

Members on Saturday also passed a budget of 695m euros (£626m) for this season, a massive 392m euros (£353m) of which will go on sporting salaries.
However, that figure could even rise as president Josep Maria Bartomeu said the club are working on renewing the contracts of star forwards Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi after Neymar recently extended his deal to 2021.
"These strikers are spectacular. Believe that our principal objective is that they all stay here," Bartomeu said of Barca's 'MSN' frontline.
"Neymar has renewed and now we are trying so that Suarez stays here for many years to come and then we will speak with Messi of course. He is the catalyst, the one that makes everything else function."

Is it me or that City deal with Puma not all that? It's a deal that covers 4 of their clubs so how is the money split then? Who's paid what and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom