• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everyone can equally get fucked, we're making money!"

It does make me laugh when people roll out the "name one Communist country that is successful?" line, given it's likely to be the biggest economy in the world soon.

It also makes me laugh that it's a Communist country that in some respects actually probably gives the closest approximation to embodying a 'pure' free market

Where business is concerned its Communism is skin-deep only - despite which not everyone in the financial press seems to share your optimism about its economic outlook. I get the distinct impression some of them see a bubble not far off bursting.

Time to move on. There's always a Brazilian star on YouTube we could drool over. How long can a thread go on about a player who never was?

Where business is concerned its Communism is skin-deep only - despite which not everyone in the financial press seems to share your optimism about its economic outlook. I get the distinct impression some of them see a bubble not far off bursting.
They have been saying that for years Jules ... going back at least 10 years (I often had to fend off investors quoting negative anecdotal reports from somebody with a grudge or an interest in seeing China fail - often they were from Hong Kong or the USA - with evidence to the contrary). It never ends because it's a good story that's impossible to disprove ... at least for a few years !

The Western press is very anti-China, naturally as it's not good for morale to show the Chinese being too successful and it's comforting for people to believe that their comeuppance isn't far off. Most of them are basing their column inches on slow (by Chinese, not Western, standards) GDP growth (ca. 6%), industrial output and import/export data, however very few bother to take into account that the country is in the throes of changing (rapidly) from a global trading based economy to a domestic consumption based economy and that they have made great progress in these regards.

The Govt were well aware that the incredible growth figures posted over the past 10-15 years couldn't continue and there has been a major push to transform both industry (to become technology and research based rather than manufacturing) and the population's pecuniary traits (encouraging spending, since the Chinese have always been inveterate savers for historical and social reasons). Interestingly the latest independent (Western) survey figures show marked increases by both the country as a whole (to ca. 45%) and the major cities (to over 60%) in confidence for 2016, and for consumer spending. This domestic confidence for 2016 is based on further marked increases in salaries country-wide.

Last edited:
He;s not going to China. It's all part of some terribly shrewd Eastern European negotiating maneuver. Bastards!

Chelsea star Willian: This is what I think about Liverpool not signing Alex Teixiera

WILLIAN has hit out at Shakhtar Donetsk's refusal to sell Alex Teixeira to Liverpool.

Liverpool spent the last few weeks of the January transfer window trying to sign Brazilian forward Teixeira.

Shakhtar turned down the Reds' £25million bid before selling to Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning for £38m after the English transfer window had shut.

And former Shakhtar team-mate Willian, who left for Anzhi Makhachkala before joining Chelsea for £30m in 2013, believes Teixeira should have been allowed to move to a big European club.

"They prefer to sell to small clubs that can afford a higher fee than selling them to traditional clubs that wouldn't pay the same amount of money," Willian told Squawka.

"That's the case for Teixeira, and it has also happened with me.

"I know myself how difficult it is to negotiate with Shakhtar Donetsk. I suffered for two years there willing to leave the club."

Willian, 27, believes Teixeira would have boosted his chances of playing for Brazil had he stayed in Europe.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Shakhtar-Donetsk-Brazil-Transfer-News-Gossip

Chelsea star Willian: This is what I think about Liverpool not signing Alex Teixiera

WILLIAN has hit out at Shakhtar Donetsk's refusal to sell Alex Teixeira to Liverpool.

Liverpool spent the last few weeks of the January transfer window trying to sign Brazilian forward Teixeira.

Shakhtar turned down the Reds' £25million bid before selling to Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning for £38m after the English transfer window had shut.

And former Shakhtar team-mate Willian, who left for Anzhi Makhachkala before joining Chelsea for £30m in 2013, believes Teixeira should have been allowed to move to a big European club.

"They prefer to sell to small clubs that can afford a higher fee than selling them to traditional clubs that wouldn't pay the same amount of money," Willian told Squawka.

"That's the case for Teixeira, and it has also happened with me.

"I know myself how difficult it is to negotiate with Shakhtar Donetsk. I suffered for two years there willing to leave the club."

Willian, 27, believes Teixeira would have boosted his chances of playing for Brazil had he stayed in Europe.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Shakhtar-Donetsk-Brazil-Transfer-News-Gossip

That's the case for Teixeira, and it has also happened with me."

chortle

Poor the Chelsea.

That's the case for Teixeira, and it has also happened with me."

chortle

Poor the Chelsea.

TBF he surely meant Anzhi, where he was sold to by Shakhtar. Anzhi then subsequently sold him to Chelsea after their billionaire owner decided to break up the team.

TBF he surely meant Anzhi, where he was sold to by Shakhtar. Anzhi then subsequently sold him to Chelsea after their billionaire owner decided to break up the team.

This is the reason to why I believe that he will move to a European top club next summer, 2017, or even before that. He needed to get out from Shakhtar. IMO it will be easier to leave the Chinese club. Would not surprise me if his contract have a £30m clause. He probably want to have better control and don't want to risk being forced to stay.

This is the reason to why I believe that he will move to a European top club next summer, 2017, or even before that. He needed to get out from Shakhtar. IMO it will be easier to leave the Chinese club. Would not surprise me if his contract have a £30m clause. He probably want to have better control and don't want to risk being forced to stay.

Well, it'll either be that or he'll never be heard of again.

Actually, it could all have been a practical joke. I'd never heard of him before and I may never hear of him again.

I still don't understand why they paid so much for a player that isn't that famous to play at that level.

You think the Chinese club would buy him for 50m and then put a 30m clause on his contract?

They paid £38m for him and yes I think they would do that if it was the only chance to get him to sign the contract. £8m isn't big money for them. A Swedish newspaper talked to Sven G who is a manager of a Chinese club. He said that it is only the first step to sign players like Teixeira. The next step will be to get world class players to sign for them. Money won't be a problem. Players like Messi, Zlatan, Rooney.

I still don't understand why they paid so much for a player that isn't that famous to play at that level.

They want to make the Chinese league to one of the best leagues in the world. Money won't stop them. They offered mega deals to other very good players but they turned them down. Don't be surprised if they offer a player almost £1m a week in the next year or so.

Cos we went for him publicly & that makes it look like they can bag a player we couldn't. At least that the only thing I can think of.

Because they paid the original release clause, and I suspect without any tiered payments or bonus- related additions, plus all in one go. Most of their other signings have not been high profile really, and were players that the selling club couldn't believe they were willing to pay so much for.

The reasoning behind the players in question who agreed to go there, well, that's easier: they just want as much money as possible and don't care about their career or footballing reputation for whatever reason.

A player like Gerrard, Rooney, Kane, Ronaldo, Suarez, Terry, Ferdinand, Costa, Henry or whoever would never have gone there in their prime.

They paid £38m for him and yes I think they would do that if it was the only chance to get him to sign the contract. £8m isn't big money for them. A Swedish newspaper talked to Sven G who is a manager of a Chinese club. He said that it is only the first step to sign players like Teixeira. The next step will be to get world class players to sign for them. Money won't be a problem. Players like Messi, Zlatan, Rooney.
You lost me after Zlatan

You guys are idiots ... when we paid 36 mill for Carroll, we only looked to sell him for 15 mill or so ... it's economics people

The point is that money won't be a problem. They want to make the Chinese league to one of the best leagues in the world. It will be up the players and agents if that will happen. They will offer £60m-£70m for players that is only worth half that just to get the clubs selling the players to them. How much money could a player like Messi earn there?

The answer is if you include image rights probably more than £2m a week. Paying the buy out clause won't be a problem so it will be up the player and agent to accept the deal. Just a couple of years ago we looked at the silly high buy out clauses in the Spanish league but now a few clubs can afford to pay £200m for a player and pay him a fortune in wages. A few of the clubs is Chinese.

The goal is also to make the national team to one of the best in the world. They have started a lot of new football schools and academies.

Don't be surprised if a Chinese club offer mega money for a player like Balotelli or Benteke.

The big loser to start with will be MLS. The older stars will move to China instead of the MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom