• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Balls on the Line

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will Liverpool win the league?

• Fuck yeah!!!

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • No chance, Lance

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview in the paper today with B. Silva saying that after the Newcastle loss they thought they'd blown it and the mood was low... but obviously now sitting at the top of the table, things look a little different.

I don't think we'll do it but if we want to keep up the pressure, we have to win our next couple games.

Interview in the paper today with B. Silva saying that after the Newcastle loss they thought they'd blown it and the mood was low... but obviously now sitting at the top of the table, things look a little different.

I don't think we'll do it but if we want to keep up the pressure, we have to win our next couple games.
And this right here is the issue

We handed them belief on a silver platter.

We could have put nail in coffin with 2 easy wins.

This is why we'll fail

They can have all the belief in the world. Counts for fuck all if we win all 13 of our remaining league matches.

That belief would start to go if we win the next 5.

They can have all the belief in the world. Counts for fuck all if we win all 13 of our remaining league matches.

That belief would start to go if we win the next 5.
Considering we didn't win our last 2 which were winnable games (both of which we threw away a winning position), I'm not expecting would win our next 3, let alone 13

I'm still struggling to wrap my head around letting Clyne go when we are clearly short of defensive cover. Especially after putting in that impressive performance against the mancs.

Overconfidence, no ?

He wanted to leave or he’s such a bad influence in the dressing room he had to go.

And we know that Klopp didn't rate him, to the extent that he was due to play Milner at RB for the Utd game, until he picked up an injury. Plus, as I said before, in the last two matches Milner played RB he set up a goal in each from a position Clyne would never have been in

Considering we didn't win our last 2 which were winnable games (both of which we threw away a winning position), I'm not expecting would win our next 3, let alone 13
Because injuries clearly had no affect. United away will be tough.

And we know that Klopp didn't rate him, to the extent that he was due to play Milner at RB for the Utd game, until he picked up an injury. Plus, as I said before, in the last two matches Milner played RB he set up a goal in each from a position Clyne would never have been in

Even ignoring Clyne's dubious activities off the field, it's a bit odd for any player to elect to leave a team that was top of the league, with the prospect of being part of a legendary title campaign, and a potentially exciting Champions League campaign, just to get more playing time now instead of waiting for the summer. It doesn't exactly suggest he would have been a positive presence within the squad. Klopp has a clear policy when it comes to that kind of character, and I don't blame him.

Liverpool play better against teams with something to play for, and have to come out and attack, in my opinion.

City play better against teams with nothing to play for and just hope not to get battered. They usually proceed to get battered.

As we draw closer to the end of the season, I think it will come down to who plays who and when. "Easy" fixtures on paper, will become hard fixtures.

For example, Burnley AWAY could be a tough fixture for City, if they have to play it in between a CL game and an FA cup game, and Burnley are still fighting for PL safety then. Same goes for Palace away.

We just have to hope that luck favours us when we play some of these teams.

Because injuries clearly had no affect. United away will be tough.
So that'll be our excuse if we don't win it? Then why didn't we recruit in January? Why didn't we promote youth instead of just moving the squad around?

Who was available to buy? Who in the reserves is good enough?
I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was a scout and am in constant contact with agents.

It would have been nice if we didn't bin off our only fit right back at the time

As for youth teams, I'd rather play any cunt in their actual position than shoe horn players. Fucks sake United won a league by giving macheda a chance

You don’t need to be a scout to know you don’t sell a decent right back in the winter window with little opportunity to replace. So to answer my question no one was available.

Clyne is shite and it’s been covered numerous times today why he was binned off.

And you’d rather give a 16 year old a chance instead of using a highly experienced utility player? The player who gave us an assist?

Injuries won’t be an excuse if we weren’t to win it. The reason will be down to a phenomenal points haul by the competition.

I like the way people say things like "it's in our hands, we just have to win our games", "beat united away and it'll be rosy", and "Chelsea could beat City" like it's all a given. They're some pretty big asks.

As Fabio said, we could've kicked City while they were down and they might have shifted their focus elsewhere. We keep letting them back in. Their mentality, confidence and belief as a result of our slip ups are major factors that cannot be discounted.

They’ve got to play the same teams and it’s not a given they’ll beat them.

They have a better chance given the fact they have better players, better squad and a better run of recent form.

Or he's the England footballer that was caught doing coke at his club Xmas party
If that's the case, then rightly bin him off

But then at least try and get a right back

Fucks sake we got Steven Caulker the other year when we were short.

No one's expecting a world beater, just someone who can play the position

And before anyone starts talking about fabinho being a right back; then buy another DM because it's very apparent we need one

It didn't make an awful lot of sense to let him go without a replacement , unless Klopp thought Hoever was going to be a better short term option if we needed someone.

Even if we signed a replacement they might not have started straight away like most of Klopp's signings. We played Moreno for the first half of last season for example rather than risk Robertson not being up to speed with tactics and playing style etc.

Clyne must have been a pain in the arse for him to be let go on loan

It didn't make an awful lot of sense to let him go without a replacement , unless Klopp thought Hoever was going to be a better short term option if we needed someone.

Even if we signed a replacement they might not have started straight away like most of Klopp's signings. We played Moreno for the first half of last season for example rather than risk Robertson not being up to speed with tactics and playing style etc.

Clyne must have been a pain in the arse for him to be let go on loan
If Hoever is the backup then sound, but there has to be one other capable player for right back than a 16 year old!

And yeah, he might not feature much, but the point is depth, of which we're now (well, we weren't stocked before) dramatically lacking

i am confident because we still hold the upper hand.

man city have to win all their games and hope that we lose one.

we only have to win all our games, and no matter what happen to city, we will win the league. we can even afford to draw one more game.
i would rather be in our current position than man city.

So that'll be our excuse if we don't win it? Then why didn't we recruit in January? Why didn't we promote youth instead of just moving the squad around?
It's really that simple is it? My gripe is bombing out Clyne and I don't care what the reasons were, he would still have been a better option than what we ended up with. However panic buying at short notice is a poor option and even some of our U23s were injured. Camacho our only real option and Kloop said he didn't want to throw him in vs. Leicester.

Edit. Didn't know about the coke issue if true.

Last edited:
If Hoever is the backup then sound, but there has to be one other capable player for right back than a 16 year old!

And yeah, he might not feature much, but the point is depth, of which we're now (well, we weren't stocked before) dramatically lacking
Macca can say for sure but I think both Hoever and our U23 RB were injured too. A perfect storm. Sometimes you just have to accept we've been unlucky rather than trying to apportion blame. Occam's Razor.

Macca can say for sure but I think both Hoever and our U23 RB were injured too. A perfect storm. Sometimes you just have to accept we've been unlucky rather than trying to apportion blame. Occam's Razor.
Also, if you're Klopp, you think you've got two right backs from the midfield who can play & plenty of cover in the middle of the pitch. Not ideal long term but perfect for a short term fix.

Then we somehow manage to get two of our midfielders injured/ill at the same fucking time.

Perfect storm is exactly right.

Last edited:
Wasn’t Hoever also suspended due to a red card for the U23s? Or has that rule changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom