• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andy Carroll In Danger Yo !

Status
Not open for further replies.

themn

Very Well-Known
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...on-loan-if-he-fails-to-establish-himself.html

aaaaand, Tony Barrett's article from The Times:

Andy Carroll is battling to save his Liverpool career less than 18 months after becoming the ninth-most expensive player in football history.

Brendan Rodgers, the new Liverpool manager, said yesterday that he needs to be convinced about the England forward’s suitability to his preferred playing style after setting up a move for a potential replacement.

Presented with the opportunity to confirm that Carroll is in his plans for next season, Rodgers was non-committal at best, stressing the need for the 23-year-old striker to prove himself capable of adapting to the 4-3-3 formation that Rodgers is looking to implement before providing any guarantees.

Perhaps even more tellingly, Rodgers’s interest in Fabio Borini has intensified over the past 24 hours, with a potential £11 million move being lined up for the Roma forward.

Having signed Borini on loan at Swansea City and worked with him at Chelsea, Rodgers has no such doubts about the 21-year-old’s ability to work within his preferred tactical framework and is hoping to push the proposed transfer through in the next 48 hours.

Liverpool have not made Carroll available for transfer, but there is a growing feeling within the club’s hierarchy that the time could be right to cut their losses 18 months after he was signed from Newcastle United for a club-record fee of £35 million.

Carroll has been linked with a loan move to AC Milan, but Liverpool have not received any approach from the Italian club, nor would they be willing to allow their record signing to depart on a temporary basis.

“Andy’s always going to be linked with clubs, whether he was here or not,” Rodgers said. “I have spoken to him on his holidays, he knows exactly where he stands, but I have had no inquiries about him.

“Andy’s a player I want to assess and speak with. We’ve already had a good chat on where we’re at. There have been many inquiries about our players, so I will assess them and hopefully put together a group of players to help us challenge.

“He’s no different to any player we have here. They might have all the attributes but not the mentality to play. It’s a wee bit unfair for Andy to get labelled any other way. He’s a good kid, a good lad, so we will just see how the formation of the group shapes up over the next four or five weeks.

“My task is to build a group that can challenge. Hopefully when the bus leaves at the end of pre-season, it will have the people on it who I want.”

Rodgers was at pains to stress his belief that Carroll is a quality player, but his continual references to the need to conform to a particular tactical set-up served to reinforce the growing feeling that the Liverpool manager remains to be convinced of his ability to function in a high-tempo front three.

“His strengths are quite clear to me,” Rodgers added. “The goal he scored for England [against Sweden] in the Euros typifies his strengths.

“He’s a very good player. He’s shown that in his short career already. Time will tell for him and all the players whether they are in my plans, but my job is to assess that and take it from there.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...on-loan-if-he-fails-to-establish-himself.html

aaaaand, Tony Barrett's article from The Times:

Andy Carroll is battling to save his Liverpool career less than 18 months after becoming the ninth-most expensive player in football history.

Brendan Rodgers, the new Liverpool manager, said yesterday that he needs to be convinced about the England forward’s suitability to his preferred playing style after setting up a move for a potential replacement.

Presented with the opportunity to confirm that Carroll is in his plans for next season, Rodgers was non-committal at best, stressing the need for the 23-year-old striker to prove himself capable of adapting to the 4-3-3 formation that Rodgers is looking to implement before providing any guarantees.

Perhaps even more tellingly, Rodgers’s interest in Fabio Borini has intensified over the past 24 hours, with a potential £11 million move being lined up for the Roma forward.

Having signed Borini on loan at Swansea City and worked with him at Chelsea, Rodgers has no such doubts about the 21-year-old’s ability to work within his preferred tactical framework and is hoping to push the proposed transfer through in the next 48 hours.

Liverpool have not made Carroll available for transfer, but there is a growing feeling within the club’s hierarchy that the time could be right to cut their losses 18 months after he was signed from Newcastle United for a club-record fee of £35 million.

Carroll has been linked with a loan move to AC Milan, but Liverpool have not received any approach from the Italian club, nor would they be willing to allow their record signing to depart on a temporary basis.

“Andy’s always going to be linked with clubs, whether he was here or not,” Rodgers said. “I have spoken to him on his holidays, he knows exactly where he stands, but I have had no inquiries about him.

“Andy’s a player I want to assess and speak with. We’ve already had a good chat on where we’re at. There have been many inquiries about our players, so I will assess them and hopefully put together a group of players to help us challenge.

“He’s no different to any player we have here. They might have all the attributes but not the mentality to play. It’s a wee bit unfair for Andy to get labelled any other way. He’s a good kid, a good lad, so we will just see how the formation of the group shapes up over the next four or five weeks.

“My task is to build a group that can challenge. Hopefully when the bus leaves at the end of pre-season, it will have the people on it who I want.”

Rodgers was at pains to stress his belief that Carroll is a quality player, but his continual references to the need to conform to a particular tactical set-up served to reinforce the growing feeling that the Liverpool manager remains to be convinced of his ability to function in a high-tempo front three.

“His strengths are quite clear to me,” Rodgers added. “The goal he scored for England [against Sweden] in the Euros typifies his strengths.

“He’s a very good player. He’s shown that in his short career already. Time will tell for him and all the players whether they are in my plans, but my job is to assess that and take it from there.”

I really hope he isn't going anywhere. *panics*

No we should not get rid.

He finally looks half decent and the season is long with injuries and suspensions, he will get his chance and take it

Yeah, thats the most telling article ever about him leaving...
I think he'll get a wee bit of time to impress Rodgers, like the rest of the group.

The Echo journos seem to think Aqua is off, maybe Cole aswell.

no point selling him now, might as well let him get his value up a bit if rodgers is set on getting rid, he should get till january at least

Downing is finished then...

That tweet is surely a load of bollocks. Although nothing surprises me from the gigantic cunt Evans

Am i the only one that thinks this is good news? His form and reputation took a ferocious beating over the last 18 months but he is finally on an upward curve of sorts following his late season surge of two games against Chelsea and a decent run out in the Euros, that said he looks startlingly ill suited to playing in a slick possession based team and I would not be surprised at all if Rodgers was looking to move him on. Its a bit of a no win situation for Rodgers, he needs to free up funds to build his own team, Carrroll will never fit his system anymore than he did Dalglish's.

The longer he keeps him around the more he risks his value plumetting and the more media attention gets generated by a monster that isnt of his own making. Id say we would recoup 15-17 million of what we paid were we we sell him now and thats probably as good as its likely to get, Carroll can be an effective player but you need to build your team around him, we will never do that. Kenny wouldnt sell him because it would be an admission that he was responsible for the greatest transfer debacle in the clubs history, Rodgers has no such personal investment in Carroll and it could be argued that Carroll and Downing are exactly the sort of players he will need to get rid of to implement his style. I fully support the manager if he wants to move him on to bring in his own players

we'd deffo get at least 25 if we play him this season, but would it be worth it if he didnt fit into rodgers style? probably not but id like to give him a chance, he's seems like a nice fella when he's not hitting women

James Pearce Echo
Interesting listening to #LFC boss talk about Carroll today. No guarantees about future, challenging him to prove he can fit into new set up

Carroll due to link up with #LFC in Boston on July 23 then BR will assess him. Whatever happens can't see Carroll being allowed out on loan

All 6 #LFC England players set to head out for second week of the North America tour.

James Pearce Echo
Interesting listening to #LFC boss talk about Carroll today. No guarantees about future, challenging him to prove he can fit into new set up
I have it on good authority that Rodgers doesn't see Carroll as part of is plans.
Carroll due to link up with #LFC in Boston on July 23 then BR will assess him. Whatever happens can't see Carroll being allowed out on loan
Carroll, however, will be told to report to Melwood, to pick up his spare PE kit and hair products.
All 6 #LFC England players set to head out for second week of the North America tour.

*reads between the lines*

Am i the only one that thinks this is good news? His form and reputation took a ferocious beating over the last 18 months but he is finally on an upward curve of sorts following his late season surge of two games against Chelsea and a decent run out in the Euros, that said he looks startlingly ill suited to playing in a slick possession based team and I would not be surprised at all if Rodgers was looking to move him on. Its a bit of a no win situation for Rodgers, he needs to free up funds to build his own team, Carrroll will never fit his system anymore than he did Dalglish's.

The longer he keeps him around the more he risks his value plumetting and the more media attention gets generated by a monster that isnt of his own making. Id say we would recoup 15-17 million of what we paid were we we sell him now and thats probably as good as its likely to get, Carroll can be an effective player but you need to build your team around him, we will never do that. Kenny wouldnt sell him because it would be an admission that he was responsible for the greatest transfer debacle in the clubs history, Rodgers has no such personal investment in Carroll and it could be argued that Carroll and Downing are exactly the sort of players he will need to get rid of to implement his style. I fully support the manager if he wants to move him on to bring in his own players

You're not the only one. There's Ryan for a start, and I'd also be pleased to see the back of him provided we can get something like £20m. I'm sceptical about the idea of hanging on and playing him with the idea of pushing his price up: I think there's every chance of him playing and his market value going down, or just wasting away on the bench. I wonder if his patch of decent form at the end of the season and his goal at the Euros is as good as it might get in that respect.

*If* we get such an offer I think we should sell.

I've always sat on the fence on the issue. I've said that Rodgers either has to play a game that suits Carroll's strengths or sell him and I stick by that.

No point in half measures. If we sell him to make a move for a player Rodgers feels more comfortable deploying then yes, we should definitely do it.

it's a tricky one to manage because we cannot whore him out to teams because then we're left with a disgruntled striker who likes to go out on the lash, which is the last thing we need, but if a decent offer comes in I reckon they'll flog him as soon as possible, which explains Rodgers non-committal stance.

People - don't be swayed by his 2 or 3 goals in the last 2 months. They're merely a blip in what is otherwise a fucking ordinary career.

Have a look at his entire 28 months with us, and judge him on that. the goals and semi-form he showed in the last few months are the aberration.

He's not very good, and he doesn't fit into the team. Sell him now while his value might be somewhere high, before he rots away on the bench for 6 months as some Italian cunt sexes the shit out of Anfield in front of him, and his value declines.

He'll be back at Newcastle before the start of the season. 15 million is my guess. Enough to cover the Borini fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom