• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 dumb posts in 2 minutes in 2 separate threads.....you've outdone myself years ago when I first joined when all I did was post negative kneejerk crap.

Firstly we were 2-1 up when that happened and secondly the ball was already lost in the centre circle when all our midfielders and fullbacks were pushed up leaving our CB's and Ali exposed....but if you'd actually watched the game you'd know this.

He's a great keeper but let's not pretend that wasn't his fault. It was worse than Karius' fuck up, at least Benzema had to stick a leg out.

All keepers make mistakes, Alisson has made plenty. But that doesn't mean that he isn't up there with the best.

Those people suggesting we sell Ali in order to boost the kitty need to ask, how they replace Ali's role in so many of our counter attacks.
I'd rather sell a whole host of players including Trent before Ali despite the brain farts this season

Those people suggesting we sell Ali in order to boost the kitty need to ask, how they replace Ali's role in so many of our counter attacks.
I'd rather sell a whole host of players including Trent before Ali despite the brain farts this season
Surely there can’t be anyone suggesting we sell one of the best goal keepers in the world (if not the best).
He’s currently our best player by a mile.

Thats for world class keepers do, we wouldn’t be where we were over the last 5 years if it weren’t for him, same could be said for City, Madrid, Arsenal and Newcastle now, even Utd with De gea would again be 6-7th.

would be good if we created more chances, so the games wouldn't be tighter than xabi alonso's fists

Second in the golden gloves stakes.
Insane considering how bad we have been defensively this season!

I think he's our greatest ever. The amount of goals he's saved, and I don't mean just from diving saves or his incredible one vs one saves, but his positioning that allows him not to have to make big saves and his crazy quick-thinking sweeper role has been ludicrous.
We wouldn't have won all those trophies or amassed as many points over the last 5 years with another goalie. What a transfer he's been.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/06/what-went-wrong-for-liverpool-in-2022-23/

Untitled.jpg

[article]Without Alisson Becker in goal, who knows how bad things could have been for Liverpool?

Of those 103 big chances, just 35 found their way into the net (34.0%), with only four teams conceding fewer proportionally. Alisson made 108 saves in the Premier League in 2022-23, with only three other goalkeepers making more, at a percentage of 71.1 and from an expected goals on target conceded of 51.5. Compare that to the previous season when he was called on to make just 76 saves (76% save percentage) with an xGOT of 25.2, and it becomes clear how much less protection he got from his teammates. Overall, Alisson conceded 43 league goals. Removing two of those that were own goals, he prevented 10.5 goals from shots that were expected to go in. Only Fulham’s Bernd Leno (11.5) prevented more in the Premier League.

The former Roma man will be hoping to have far less to do in 2023-24.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom