• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

7:0

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite games ever. I have watched the 7-0 highlights more times than the CL final we won in Madrid.

Most of us probably have tbf seeing as you could watch the highlights of the Utd game about 20 times over by the time you got through the CL final ;)

I know you meant the highlights of the CL final aswell Peeks

Doesn’t matter what he does, there is no way a good manager can lose 7-0 to his biggest rivals.
United and the scums who printed and wore the 97 shirt on the back in the FA Cup final can fck themselves.
Not worried one bit about Ten Haag ability to rebuild, legendary managers aren’t built from losing 7-0. I would love to know what’s the worst loss biggest dynasties have been built from but I would bet none from 7-0.

At the risk of sounding all DB - Klopp lost 5-0 to City and 4-1 to Spurs in his first full season

At the risk of sounding all DB - Klopp lost 5-0 to City and 4-1 to Spurs in his first full season

True enough. It's not to say he won't be a success, but I get more a Rodgers vibe than I do Pep or klopp. Success elsewhere, but a nearly man in this league.

Obviously if Qatar buy them then who fucking knows

Some of those judgments above are looking too far ahead IMO. The job facing ten Hag at this point is the same one we gave Houllier, namely mucking the stables out, and I maintain he's made a good start on doing that: 7-0 or no 7-0, they finished above us, got a CL place and won a trophy, all of which is well ahead of where they looked like ending up before he arrived. Another parallel with Houllier may turn out to be that he won't then be the guy to take them right back to the very top, but there are foundations to be laid first and he's getting on with that well enough. It'll be interesting to see if the new owners, assuming they get any, keep him on.

Some of those judgments above are looking too far ahead IMO. The job facing ten Hag at this point is the same one we gave Houllier, namely mucking the stables out, and I maintain he's made a good start on doing that: 7-0 or no 7-0, they finished above us, got a CL place and won a trophy, all of which is well ahead of where they looked like ending up before he arrived. Another parallel with Houllier may turn out to be that he won't then be the guy to take them right back to the very top, but there are foundations to be laid first and he's getting on with that well enough. It'll be interesting to see if the new owners, assuming they get any, keep him on.

Interesting to see how the 2nd season goes - competition for the top 4 is going to be pretty intense next season

True, thought he was unlucky on the City game and still don’t consider either our biggest rivals. Plus City were the best in the league but we weren’t last season, not by a long stretch. The 7-0 in isolation was for me like when we lost 6-1 to Stoke in final game of the season, no way back for Rodgers after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom