• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

6 times for the Virg

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 years? Till he’s 34?

Without wishing to go all Rosco, is that really good business?

6 years? Till he’s 34?

Nah, it's fine, he could have pushed for a move to Madrid or whoever and earn £300k plus, so us getting him tied down on £200k isn't bad at all. I imagine the length of the deal was part of the package to make him accept lower rate, for more security.

Anyway, barring a massive injury, I can't see his performance really seriously degrading until maybe the last year or two of his contract, it's a fantastic deal.

6 years? Till he’s 34?

Fuck me Keni. Of course it's damn good business! The world's best defender tied to us for 6 years? Awesome. There are a ton of good reasons we could come up with too, that apart.

It means that at 31/32 if he is declining physically we can still get a mint for him going overseas I imagine? Plus if it keeps him on cloud 9 for the next 2-3 seasons then pay the fucking guy.

Putting his contract length aside, his agent wouldn’t be doing his job right now if he’s content with VVD earning 100K per week. His client’s value is probably at its peak right now. Higher than all defenders in world football.

Even the name of legend #2 escaped me. And I can't be arsed to google it.

I'm getting old.

Klavan turned out to be a very good back up signing.

Shame we signed him when he was 30 and not 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom