• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

25, run out, Gini

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Unreal they've taken him off their 25 man squad for the CL knockouts.
The guy has played in more finals than that team has in their history - and his surplus to requirements.
He doesn't deserve it ...

That is fucking rough. Still $$$ for sitting about on his hoop during European games.

I'm baffled by how badly it's gone for him. Is it simply the case that they expected him to hold the fort whilst Neymar, Messi and Mbappe do their thing and realized he's not that kind of player?

It's a bit like the Coutinho thing all over. I'm still amazed by how his career has turned out.

He should have taken the move to Newcastle in January. Cashed in twice this year and maybe actually played. Would have been a good signing for them too.

Unreal they've taken him off their 25 man squad for the CL knockouts.
The guy has played in more finals than that team has in their history - and his surplus to requirements.
He doesn't deserve it ...

The Klopp curse strikes again. At this rate Salah will be relegated to the Spanish second division in 2024.

Last edited:
Gini makes €300k a week and he will get that for 4 years, which will take him to 35 Unless NUFC offered more, why move?

Because money's not the only thing that matters. He's just been left out of the CL squad at his current club and he doesn't have too many years left at top level.

That said, I can't see him going back to Newcastle, who could still be in the Championship next season and whom he left under something of a cloud in the first place.

After being told how great you are all the time it must come as a shock when you discover you're not the centre of the world. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener...

My recollection was that he got into a similar argument with them as he did with us when he left, and that it seemed equally artificial, an excuse to cover up going for the money. I remember questioning the signing on that basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom