• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2019 Six Nations

I see Gatland was being stroppy about it "it's our stadium, we should do what we like with it". No, Warren, you can't.

It's a very minor issue I guess, still can't see why we can't close the roof if we want to though.

Home teams are always affecting playing conditions to suit themselves.

Anyway here's to a top game!

I think the difference is not every stadium has a roof, so it's giving one side an extra advantage, on top of the usual tactics of watering one end etc.

Yeah some very soft penalties but we'd be behind without them because every time we get the ball we fuck up

Alun Wyn Jones having an absolute stormer - not only leading by example but playing good rugby in the process.

Feckin hell , missed the first half but at the start of the second half England were up by more than 20.

10 mins left - 31 all. It's all Scotland in the second half

Great try. Russell just delays the pass to put his centre through a gap and he finishes from half way absorbing a few hits along the way

Superb

That's a Scotland side that should have beaten Ireland and could have beaten Wales.

They could be very good at the World Cup. Russell is the best 10 in the 6 Nations at the moment.

That's a Scotland side that should have beaten Ireland and could have beaten Wales.

They could be very good at the World Cup. Russell is the best 10 in the 6 Nations at the moment.
Has this Irish team gone off the boil? Best is getting on a bit and Sexton has had several concussions too many. What about the other players?

That's one of the most gutless Ireland displays I have seen in a very long time. It is very worrying.

Has this Irish team gone off the boil? Best is getting on a bit and Sexton has had several concussions too many. What about the other players?

Across the board they all look a way off their best. To me a lot of it looks physical , look at how we bullied everyone last year compared to this year.

Added to that I think we've been far too predictable tactically as well , for example against Wales every single lineout in their 22 involved a catch and drive.
At every breakdown Murray is passing to someone who is simply going to run forward and get stopped - that works fine if you're winning the collisions and getting over the gain line. But we're not.

When the ball does go wide all we ever do is Sexton's wraparound move. We've become ridiculously predictable.

In terms of individual players, Sexton is really subpar. Murray is probably the most concerning though - his strengths were his box kicking, his physicality and his ability to attack from the base of the ruck. Teams have nullified the box kicks (by illegally putting blockers in front of the catcher), and Murray is playing like he's afraid of contact. His distribution has never been great, but that's the thing he's doing now.

Stander can't get any forward momentum going and his game is all about that. O'Brien too, he looks a shadow of himself and I'm not surprised we're allowing him to leave for London Irish. O'Mahony has only been okay.

Our props have been fine , Best looks old but has been okay. We've played 6 different second rows in the six Nations - partly because of injury but also because a number of them haven't played well. Ryan being the exception .

In the backline I'm not seeing what Bundee Aki brings to the table. Henshaw when fit should go back in at 12. Ringrose didn't get much to do but didn't impress either. Stockdale and Earls were working off scraps and did about as well as could be expected.

The only positive is that we have good players to come back from injury. Leavy will take his no.7 jersey back, Henderson and Toner will be better when they're in an injury free run.
Luke McGrath might be our best scrum half , Carbery will come back and be important.

But unless our coaching staff get the finger out I don't know a few returnees will make enough of a difference

@doctor_mac

I went to the game tonight. I've been working with a barrister whose brother plays for Ulster lately (no.9). Made it into the players lounge and I nearly wet myself when I met Best.

He laughed when I told him he was the best Ireland has had at no.2

@doctor_mac

I went to the game tonight. I've been working with a barrister whose brother plays for Ulster lately (no.9). Made it into the players lounge and I nearly wet myself when I met Best.

He laughed when I told him he was the best Ireland has had at no.2

That was an incredible game, I'd have loved to have been there. Ulster so close to an upset tonight, and if only Stockdale had touched down....

Back
Top Bottom