• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

the whole england and liverpool thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
So we've got quite a few English players now, and most of them are pretty good:

Gerrard
Sterling
Hendo
Flan
Sturridge
Lambert
Lallana
Johnson

Ibe
Robinson

Definitely seems to be a theme that Brodge is looking to add to this and have all the boss English players playing for us, which is cool but who is left that is any good, and would sign for us?

I had a little think, and beyond Clyne to replace Johnson I came up pretty short

Who am I missing?

Its interesting that people have been down on Liverpool on account of how England failed.
England managed by Roy Hodgepodge who failed abjectly here.
England who played turgid slow football unlike Mr Rodgers Liverpool.
England who crowbarred Rooney in and pushed the Liverpool (and Everton and Southampton) players all over the place.
They arent even remotely comparable.
Henderson played his Liverpool game for about 20 minutes against Uraguay and you could just imagine Roy rubbing his saggy face in anguish.

Fuck England.

Yep, Martinez, Poutechetinnononotietinhno or Rodgers would have had England signing, it wasn't to be though. Personally I love the fact that Rodgers has dispelled the myth that English players can't play, I'm a huge fan of our English contingent, and it's definitely earning us a lot of admirers across the country, as long as Rodgers doesn't get blinded try to fit English players in because they English (I don't think this will happen) then long may it continue.

Its interesting that people have been down on Liverpool on account of how England failed.
England managed by Roy Hodgepodge who failed abjectly here.
England who played turgid slow football unlike Mr Rodgers Liverpool.
England who crowbarred Rooney in and pushed the Liverpool (and Everton and Southampton) players all over the place.
They arent even remotely comparable.
Henderson played his Liverpool game for about 20 minutes against Uraguay and you could just imagine Roy rubbing his saggy face in anguish.

Fuck England.

Exactly.

I quite like the idea of local players, I must say. Provided they're very good and not Andy Carroll class, and preferably young up and coming.

British players, unlike Spanish or South American, don't go all weak at the knees when Barca or Real express an interest in signing them, and tend to stay in England. Very few examples of players going over there. So when a British player comes good, you don't worry as much about them forcing a move to Spain.

Look at the recent examples of great teams that have dominated for a while - they have been filled with a nucleus of local talent, most of which have come through from young.

Barca - Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes, Pique, Pedro, Busquets

United - Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Butt, Nevilles, Ferdinand

Even Juventus, who've dominated Italy over the past couple of years, have done so with a core of locals - Pirlo, Chiellini, Buffon, Bonucci, Barzagli, Marchisio, Giovinco.

We're incredibly well positioned in this regard with Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling, Henderson and now Lallana. Would be great if Ibe and Flanagan can make big leaps up and cement their places in the squad for years to come.

What about the media blackout on Hodgson then?

A lot of pro Hodgson shite for a week after England went out and now nothing, silence, its unbelievable how an England manager has been let off by the press after Englands worst World Cup ever, fucking astonishing really.

What about the media blackout on Hodgson then?

A lot of pro Hodgson shite for a week after England went out and now nothing, silence, its unbelievable how an England manager has been let off by the press after Englands worst World Cup ever, fucking astonishing really.

Yeah, all the Suarez stuff shifted attention. He's fucking lucky in that respect.

However, he should have been sacked. Dyke coming out on the day of elimination saying he was staying for the next 2 years beggared belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom