• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sunday's Made up Shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Active
BREAKING GOSSIP

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham are leading the race to sign former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy - with his current club Real Madrid ready to let the 32-year-old Dutch striker go for just £1.25m.
(Full story: The People)

Alternatively, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has his sights set on a £10m move for Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.
(Full story: News of the World)

Manchester City will offer defender Micah Richards as bait in their bid to sign Everton centre-back Joleon Lescott.

Newcastle striker Michael Owen is wanted by Aston Villa, but the 29-year-old will have to take a £70,000-a-week pay cut to seal the move.

However, Italian club Roma are also eyeing up a move for the England striker. (Sunday Mirror)
(Full story: Sunday Mirror)

Italian champions Inter Milan are preparing a £25m bid for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

Manchester United face losing out to Champions League conquerors Barcelona in the race to sign France stars Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema.
(Full story: Mail on Sunday)

Barcelona are also planning a £20m swoop for United defender Nemanja Vidic.
(Full story: Daily Star Sunday)

United boss Alex Ferguson is planning to boost his defensive options by signing Sheffield United's £7m-rated right-back Kyle Naughton. (Sunday Mirror)

Portsmouth defender Glen Johnson will move back to Chelsea this week in a deal worth £16m. (Various)

New Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will make an ambitious bid to land Antonio Valencia from his former club Wigan. (Various)

Bruce is also keen to sign centre-back Titus Bramble from the Latics.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is ready to swoop for Paris St Germain star Jerome Rothen. (The People)

Manchester City will continue their summer spending spree with the signing of Athletic Bilbao's Spanish midfielder Javi Martinez, who is rated as one of the hottest prospects in Europe. (The People)

Hull City manager Phil Brown is set to bid £4m for Bolton striker Kevin Davies. (The People)

Fulham are leading the race for Middlesbrough's England Under-21 winger Adam Johnson. (The People)

Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson is also ready to offer £1m for Nuremberg's Australian centre-half Matthew Spiranovic.

Stoke will battle it out with Blackburn and Sunderland to sign Newcastle's Alan Smith for £3m. (Various)

Liverpool are set to make a shock move to re-sign striker Peter Crouch from Portsmouth for as little as £4m. (Sunday Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Alan Shearer is ready to walk away from Newcastle because owner Mike Ashley is stalling on talks regarding his potential future as manager of the club.

This could be because Shearer is not Ashley's preferred choice for the vacant manager's post at St James' Park, and the only way he will become their new boss is if a new buyer for the club is found.

Alternatively, Shearer could replace Celtic-bound manager Tony Mowbray at West Brom.

One potential saviour of Newcastle is former chairman Freddy Shepherd, who is planning to launch a £75m takeover bid to resume control of the club this week. (Sunday Mirror)

West Ham are set to become the latest Premier League club to be taken over by Americans in a £70m takeover.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba insists he wants to talk to new manager Carlo Ancelotti about his vision for the future before signing a new deal with the club. (The People)

Andorra centre-back Oscar Sonejee - who is set to line up for his country in the World Cup qualifier against England on Wednesday - has blasted England's players, claiming some of them care more about having a celebrity lifestyle than playing football. (The People)

English clubs could be forced to abandon plans to recruit foreign players and shop at home in the near future if Fifa goes ahead with plans to introduce legislation requiring clubs to include up to six 'domestic' players in their side. (Sunday Express)
(Full story: Sunday Express)

Liverpool are facing a legal backlash after dismissing 16 members of their backroom staff, who are now set to seek compensation for unfair dismissal. (News of the World)

Former Liverpool and England winger John Barnes is set to be named Tranmere Rovers boss this week.

Comments:

I would bite Real's balls off to get Van Nistlerod at Anfield. He'd be a brilliant buy at a million quid! Michael who?

Glenn Johnson back to the Chavs.....well, that's great.

Peter Crouch back to Liverpool for 4m?......I wouldn't mind that at all.

So much shite written about us recently I wouldn't believe a word of any of it. They're really enjoying sticking the knife in, too, the Mail especially.

Crouch would go for more than £4m, it must be they still owe us money on him.
I am a Crouch fan and would love to see him back, but I thought we might have had our sites set higher.
Besides I can't see Crouchy wanting to come back and take more of the same from Rafa

regards

Hmmm RVN at 1.25 mill? Wow, I would be very very tempted.

Yes yes, I know he's an ex-Manc but the guy scores goals whenever he's on the pitch.

I haven't seen much of RVN this season but that price seems like a bargain for someone of his ilk - you'd get a good two seasons out of him providing his ligaments hold up. That said, I can't see us being interested in the slightest. And the People make up everything

Crouch to return? No chance - the Torres, Crouch partnership never worked and despite the unrest at Portsmouth this season, he's recently stated he's enjoying playing regular first-team football, and with new investment on-board they could bounce back up. The chances of his returning here to play second fiddle to Fernando are very remote, especially given it's a WC year.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34036.msg883651#msg883651 date=1244368667]
I haven't seen much of RVN this season but that price seems like a bargain for someone of his ilk - you'd get a good two seasons out of him providing his ligaments hold up. That said, I can't see us being interested in the slightest. And the People make up everything

Crouch to return? No chance - the Torres, Crouch partership never worked and despite the unrest at Portsmouth this season, he's recently stated he's enjoying playing regular first-team football, and with new investment on-board they could bounce back up. The chances of his returning here to play second fiddle to Fernando are very remote, especially given it's a WC year.

[/quote]

How many times did they play together?
I think it was very few.

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=34036.msg883631#msg883631 date=1244366871]
Crouch would go for more than £4m, it must be they still owe us money on him.
I am a Crouch fan and would love to see him back, but I thought we might have had our sites set higher.
Besides I can't see Crouchy wanting to come back and take more of the same from Rafa

regards
[/quote]

Well, I know what you mean, Vladders, but maybe a year of playing at that dump of a ground under the likes of Redknapp and Adams, with that idiot in the crowd ding-ding-dinging throughout each match, has made him more aware of the positives of playing in a better team in bigger matches, even if he does sit on the bench more often. After all, the move hardly helped his England career.

Just a word of warning for anyone who uses the NewsNow website. The shit rag is credited on there as "thelondonpaper"
I clicked on a link unknowingly and up popped their website. I presume that people would like to be warned away from it

[quote author=the count link=topic=34036.msg883668#msg883668 date=1244369660]
Just a word of warning for anyone who uses the NewsNow website. The shit rag is credited on there as "thelondonpaper"
I clicked on a link unknowingly and up popped their website. I presume that people would like to be warned away from it
[/quote]

Cheers. What the hell are they playing at??

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=34036.msg883669#msg883669 date=1244369754]
[quote author=the count link=topic=34036.msg883668#msg883668 date=1244369660]
[/quote]

Cheers. What the hell are they playing at??
[/quote]

I haven't looked but I assume it is only on the Liverpool NewsNow page. I read somewhere that income is generated evertime a link is clicked. It might be simply a revenue increasing exercise.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34036.msg883646#msg883646 date=1244368086]
Hmmm RVN at 1.25 mill? Wow, I would be very very tempted.

Yes yes, I know he's an ex-Manc but the guy scores goals whenever he's on the pitch.
[/quote]

Agreed, good value for money.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=34036.msg883661#msg883661 date=1244369190]
[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34036.msg883651#msg883651 date=1244368667]

Crouch to return? No chance - the Torres, Crouch partnership never worked and despite the unrest at Portsmouth this season, he's recently stated he's enjoying playing regular first-team football, and with new investment on-board they could bounce back up. The chances of his returning here to play second fiddle to Fernando are very remote, especially given it's a WC year.

[/quote]

How many times did they play together?
I think it was very few.

regards
[/quote]

It was very few for quite that reason.

I liked Crouch but Torres but he's never required any sort of strike-partner before, leasts of all a lanky guy who can't run very well. It was a partnership which would never have blossomed over time, IMO  

The horse for 1mil?! I'd be all over that if it was true, even if he only managed half a season fit.

Hopefully there will soon be some transfer or financial news that can be classed as 'positive'

We need to make a big signing soon

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34036.msg883688#msg883688 date=1244372381]
crouch back? oh fuck me...
[/quote]

I'll bet you say that to all the boys.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=34036.msg883704#msg883704 date=1244374855]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34036.msg883688#msg883688 date=1244372381]
crouch back? oh fuck me...
[/quote]

I'll bet you say that to all the boys.
[/quote]

only you jules :-*

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=34036.msg883708#msg883708 date=1244375174]
A cock and ball story if ever I heard one. 😉
[/quote]

😉

Aguero 'proud' of Chelsea link
by Robin Hackett , 07 June 2009

Atletico Madrid star Sergio Aguero says he is ‘proud’ to be linked with a big-money move to Chelsea.

The Argentina striker, 21, has been linked with a £50 million switch to Stamford Bridge and his agent claimed that the player was a target for several major sides in Europe.

And although Aguero has been keen to stress his commitment to Atleti, he has now revealed he is flattered by the interest.

“It makes me feel proud a team as important as Chelsea notices me,†he said in The People.

Manchester City have also been linked with Aguero.

Ribery has ruled out a move to the Premier League, as he doesn't like the climate.

Real or Barca it is then..

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=34036.msg883832#msg883832 date=1244397417]
Ribery has ruled out a move to the Premier League, as he doesn't like the climate.

Real or Barca it is then..
[/quote]

Yeah cos the climate in Southern Germany is so much unlike here isn't it...

We are seem very cheapskate at the moment. Fucking Crouch for 4mil?? Might as well go for Heskey as well. Fucking hell.

Pissed off to see United linked with Kyle Naughton (right back at Sheffield United). It's probably just press speculation but I would much prefer seeing our name linked with him than theirs.

[quote author=Glock link=topic=34036.msg883978#msg883978 date=1244444912]
We are seem very cheapskate at the moment. Fucking Crouch for 4mil?? Might as well go for Heskey as well. Fucking hell.
[/quote]

Has Rafael confirmed the Crouch rumours to you then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom