• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah wins FWA Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkmacca

6CM Addict
Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been named the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year for 2017/18.

The Egyptian becomes the first African to be given the accolade as he looks to win the Premier League Golden Boot in his first season at Anfield.

Salah is the sixth player in seven seasons to complete the awards double having also been named Player of the Year by the Professional Footballers' Association this month.

The 25-year-old, a £39.5m summer signing from Roma, is just the third Liverpool player to win the FWA award in the Premier League era after Steven Gerrard in 2009 and Luis Suarez in 2014.

Mohamed Salah has claimed a personal double by adding the Football Writers' Player of the Year award to the PFA gong he won two weeks ago.

The Liverpool superstar's achievements at club level have been rightly recognised with Salah following N'Golo Kante's feat of winning both individual awards.

Over 400 journalists who are among the Football Writers' Association (FWA) were allowed to vote for their player of the year and Salah came out on top.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Writers-Player-Year-award.html#ixzz5EEvSw9kC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lets get him the Balon d 'Or. There is only one way.

A double tomorrow combined with a hat-trick in the final next month should defo do the trick.

Fair warning, we'll be two nil down with approx six minutes to go before he bags that hat trick, cos, you know, we're Liverpool & we like to give all our fans heart attacks.

A double tomorrow combined with a hat-trick in the final next month should defo do the trick.

Fair warning, we'll be two nil down with approx six minutes to go before he bags that hat trick, cos, you know, we're Liverpool & we like to give all our fans heart attacks.

Those overdramatic love and hate stories containing tons of abuse and feelings are the best ones!!

PS The final is this month mate....

Mane yesterday in another award Salah won
f1098ad95f9d66052556aeeeab4a6464.jpg

Bluemoon:

who gives a shit about fake awards the people that matter know KDB is head and shoulders above anybody else. and one season wonder salah is just in a lucky streak at the moment and aguero and kane are the better strikers with doing in season after season

so just like the PFA its you scratch my back stuff and meaningless awards voted by people and fools who envy you for being the best player in the league. the awards that only matter are the clubs own end of season picked by fans and the silverware and medals handed out for being champions and league cup winners

---

Think it’s also more to do how much shit you get for not voting for Salah from the Liverpool Cult

---

Surely just a coincidence this is announced just prior to him playing in their most crucial game of the season

---

I think it's also indicative of how the media and pundits will be supporting Liverpool rather than City next year. I expect a shitstorm of media bias next year. It absolutely disgusts me how we have to fight this uphill battle against the establishment teams. Worst of all, Liverpool!

---

It usually doesn`t bother me but its so evident that this Scouse Love In by the media will also lead to Pep possibly losing out on Manager of the Year.

---

Saving the most ironic till last:

At least I can keep calling the Bitterarti for what they are. Failing to vote for Kev is criminal.

Bluemoon:

one season wonder salah is just in a lucky streak at the moment and aguero and kane are the better strikers with doing in season after season
This is the one I'm seeing a lot of, all over Facebook and Twitter. Fucking mongs think that in order to win a player of THE year award, said player has to be playing well for several years, very blatantly missing out on the whole point of the award.

Saturday was the first time in ages that he's finishing let him down badly.

Hopefully he can return to scoring ways tonight.

Yeah, he didn't look quite right.

He was similar against West Brom but buried his clear chance.

He then humped Roma's defense so hopefully the same outcome tomorrow just weird seeing him miss a relative sitter.

At the start of the season I expected him to miss everything as he missed a fair few and then just as I relax and expected him to score he missed.

I shouted 'goal!' as soon as he got the ball on Sat 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom