• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pick 11 former players that Klopp would have loved to have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Basically pick an XI of former players, active and retired who would have suited Klopp's style.

Reina: A modern keeper, good with his feet, great at pens and distributes the ball well. A great personality to have in the squad.

Finnan: Was thinking Babbel because of the German connection but I had to go for the Irishman. We had some great RB's in the past so it's pretty hard to pick. Finnan wasn't the fastest but he was reliable and a decent crosser of the ball.

Hyypia: Just a fantastic player in all aspects of the game.

Hansen: Just like Hyypia and very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Aurelio: This one is a bit controversial, could have gone Nicol because of his technique and many other skills, but his eating habits where a bit questionable 😉. Riise would have been a good shout, looked and played like the typical Klopp player but wasn't the most reliable player in the world. The main reason I picked Aurelio was because of the way he could support the attack with his sublime crosses. A fit Aurelio was a top class player, that's undeniable.

Souness: Granted I was too young to watch him live, but from what I've seen on tapes, he's the typical midfield general. Good with his feet and hard as nails. Klopp's would love to have him imo.
Mascherano, too much of a DM. Hamann? Meh, Souness was better.

Alonso: World class playmaker and a midfield maestro. Yeah, he was slow as fuck, but he positioned himself well enough to make his pace irrelevant.

Gerrard: Can't leave out our best player ever imo. You all know what he's about, enough said.

Barnes: Yes, I'm talking about "just joined from Watford" Barnes. On the wing, he was a quick, dribbling gem of a player who also was a great crosser, passer and scorer.

This next one is hard, I mean I've never really seen Highway play, was he quick, direct? I mean Klopp likes them quick. Who can I pick from that I've seen. McManaman? Berger? Garcia? Houghton?
Fuck it, Luis Suarez.

Suarez: Though he's not really a winger, and isn't the quickest player (again), I can't think of any of our former players who fit the mould except Barnes. You know everything about Suarez...moving on.

Finally who play's upfront?
We've got a lot of great candidates:
Keegan, Toshack, Dalglish, Rush, Aldridge, Owen, Fowler, Torres, (Suarez).

Two players, stick out for me. That's Rush and Torres.
Rush for his speed, his work ethic, defending from the front. Don't see him as a target man though. Also extremely prolific in front of goal.
Torres just like Rush, has the speed, work ethic but he was also a decent target man. Not as prolific as Rush though.

Torres.

My team:

---------------------------Reina

Finnan-------Hyypia------------Hansen----------Aurelio

---------Gerrard------Souness--------Alonso

-----Barnes-----------Torres---------Suarez

Who wouldn't want to play in this team/for Klopp?
It's not what I'm asking, but since you're asking I'd say Ruddock and Molby because the fat fucks couldn't run.
Also, Rosenthal and Benayoun...you know, for obvious reasons.

Suarez, jesus christ the thought of peak Suarez in this team is absolutely disgusting, probably the only player in recent history that I can think of that would be a perfect fit and upgrade on current form Firmino.

It's not what I'm asking, but since you're asking I'd say Ruddock and Molby because the fat fucks couldn't run.
Also, Rosenthal and Benayoun...you know, for obvious reasons.

Hmmm. Alonso wasn’t exactly speedy Gonzalez and you’ve selected two CBs who weren’t the fastest either (if it’s speed you’re after, you’d pick Lawro over Hansen)

I get what you’re saying - busy, hard-working players are more Klopp - but it’s really not far from just listing your favourite/ best ever Liverpool players.

And as such, I question its value as topic for genuine discussion.

Suarez, jesus christ the thought of peak Suarez in this team is absolutely disgusting, probably the only player in recent history that I can think of that would be a perfect fit and upgrade on current form Firmino.

Suarez and 27 year old Gerrard in this team

Hmmm. Alonso wasn’t exactly speedy Gonzalez and you’ve selected two CBs who weren’t the fastest either (if it’s speed you’re after, you’d pick Lawro over Hansen)

I get what you’re saying - busy, hard-working players are more Klopp - but it’s really not far from just listing your favourite/ best ever Liverpool players.

And as such, I question its value as topic for genuine discussion.

Alonso played in midfield, also I don't think Klopp minds if the defenders are quick or not. Yeah Lawro might have been a better pick in defence, but I thought of Hummels and Subotic and came up with Hyypia and Hansen

Alonso played in midfield, also I don't think Klopp minds if the defenders are quick or not. Yeah Lawro might have been a better pick in defence, but I thought of Hummels and Subotic and came up with Hyypia and Hansen

But they were players he had, how do we know they were his ideal players?

Anyway, I’ll leave you to it

I'm not so sure about Gerrard. I somehow doubt that him and Klopp would have gotten along well.
Why's that?

Gerrard complained a lot about Rafa's coldness, and Klopp won't have that problem. And Gerrard was world class, so Klopp would definitely play him

Wasnt/Isnt Voronin a jew?

He'd almost certainly enjoy the prospect of playing in this sidw than Klopp would!

Why's that?

Gerrard complained a lot about Rafa's coldness, and Klopp won't have that problem. And Gerrard was world class, so Klopp would definitely play him

Because Gerrard's Captain Me attitude isn't Klopp's cup of tea.

McManaman

Riise

Torres

Suarez

Alonso

Hyppia

Barnes

Wouldn't disagree with most of those but I don't think Digger - fab player though he obv.was - worked hard enough for Klopp. As for McMoneyman, while he had an amazing engine when and if he could be @rsed to use it for the benefit of the team, Klopp doesn't do "when and if he can be @rsed" and he mos def would not have tolerated the Spice Boy antics of which McMoneyman was the ringleader.

Call me crazy but I wonder how Crouch would have turned out under Klopp...would love to see that

Craig Bellamy would probably get on well, he'd probably like prime glen Johnson also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom