• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Omar Marmoush

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Egyptian 25yo, 183cm striker, plays for Eintracht Frankfurt, 9 goals and 6 assists in 9 games this season, 17 and 6 last season (all comps). Right-footed, his secondary position is LW. Plettenberg from Sky Germany says we’re “closely following” him.

View: https://youtu.be/Xk8kWf8VIFQ?si=JIUAEXP-20VEmz_V

Sounds like a Nunez replacement. Who would you prefer between Sesko, Gyokeres and him?

If we are going to buy someone at this level we should just keep Nunez for the hate. He's no worse, and if he's not around the mob will turn on someone else. Plus his highlights shit on this guy's, and most players.

Dated 30 Apr 2024 😎 😆

==========

Just trying to be different 😆 and throw in another name: Marmoush

View: https://twitter.com/Bundesliga_EN/status/1767958803159592968

Dated 12 Jan 2024:

He’s tallied 15 more carries (151) and carried the ball 250m further (1,786m) than any other striker in the Bundesliga this term, while his combined total of 18 shots and chances created at the end of a carry is bettered only by Victor Boniface (23) among the same group of players.

Dated 19 Jan 2024:

Additionally, understanding how Toppmöller sets Frankfurt’s defensive system by pressing high up the pitch, disrupting the opposition’s rhythm. His defensive stats this season are:

Interceptions – 6 (92nd percentile)
Blocked passes – 11 ( 90th percentile)
Recoveries – 48 (88th percentile)
Possession won in the final third – 14 (100th percentile)

This means, he’s in the highest level possible in comparison to strikers in Europe when it comes to defending. Overall, it’s a combination of technical skills, tactical understanding, and a strong work ethic that allows Marmoush to be a valuable defensive asset.

=====

This season in Bundesliga:
- 13th in top speed (km/h)
- 16th in sprints

1 goal 2 assists in Frankfurt 5-1 Bayern

View: https://twitter.com/E7p7an/status/1784012965009605117

Between 2020 and 2023 this guy scored 15 in 84 games. Sounds like he's had a breakout year and a half, but I'd be concerned that it's only happened for him at one club prior to this spell.

Based on that alone then Sesko and Gyokeres would be my picks ahead of him for now. Sesko is showing big potential and producing good numbers for a 21 year old. Gyokeres is roughly the same age as this guy, but has banged in 78 in 132, and is on for a goal a game since joining Lisbon. There's always a danger of over complicating striker signings with all manner of metrics. Nothing will ever beat 2 or 3 years of proven and consistent goal scoring. Moving for Nunez with only one year of good numbers has stung us hard. I'd loathe us to repeat that process.

I actually prefer someone else. It's not this guy I've never heard of, it's another player that none of you are talking about right now, but will laud as a smart choice later. Name escapes me.

If you're dubious, look at this green chart. It contains data.

67e5b67af07b5900dd7d142fbcae5ed2cffcc5be_2_568x500.png

If we were to buy a forward in his mid 20s I'd want someone who has that experience behind them rather than being in their first 12 months of learning how to score goals. Hard pass.
Maybe it's an Egyptian thing. Took a while for Salah to learn how to score goals too

If we were to buy a forward in his mid 20s I'd want someone who has that experience behind them rather than being in their first 12 months of learning how to score goals. Hard pass.

What matters is that he knows how to score them now, no? He is an all-around good player from what I’ve seen; it doesn’t look like a random hot streak.

I think a more relevant (and potentially deal-breaking) question is: does he have an insufferable Trump-supporting arsehole of an agent?

Maybe it's an Egyptian thing. Took a while for Salah to learn how to score goals too
It's like when you mention Salah every time, you are talking about another player.
Since age of 23, he has scored a minimum of 14 goals. He has always been to score goals even early games with Basle but he fine tuned that at Roma. To compare Salah with other Egpytian players is a pointless stereotype.

It's like when you mention Salah every time, you are talking about another player.
Since age of 23, he has scored a minimum of 14 goals. He has always been to score goals even early games with Basle but he fine tuned that at Roma. To compare Salah with other Egpytian players is a pointless stereotype.
Owen and Fowler had more

Owen and Fowler had more
He wasn't with LFC at same age and there didn't play RW. It's not a straight forward comparison, kind of pointless and even if the starting positions were the same, scoring less then Fowler and Owen at 19 doesn't make him any less.

He wasn't with LFC at same age and there didn't play RW. It's not a straight forward comparison, kind of pointless and even if the starting positions were the same, scoring less then Fowler and Owen at 19 doesn't make him any less.
I was trying to say....give Marmy a chance.
Some are late bloomers. Like in Salah's case was dumped by Chelsea, went to Italy and started scoring.

I was trying to say....give Marmy a chance.
Some are late bloomers. Like in Salah's case was dumped by Chelsea, went to Italy and started scoring.
Was Salah's fault for choosing Chelski back then...
Do wonder, would we have won the league that season if Mo choose us and our time hasn't been wasted by Kyiv Chairman in Jan? probably not as Forwards weren't our problem that season I guess...

Was Salah's fault for choosing Chelski back then...
Do wonder, would we have won the league that season if Mo choose us and our time hasn't been wasted by Kyiv Chairman in Jan? probably not as Forwards weren't our problem that season I guess...
Brendan in charge? Nah...

Back
Top Bottom