• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No more adventures for Matip

My favourite player of the Klopp era. The guy was pure gold. A fit Matip was on par with the best CB in the world in his prime. There aren’t many CBs out there nowadays who could step into midfield as comfortably as him and be that catalyst from the back setting up attacks.

This is so Matip:

Screenshot-2024-10-11-21-26-06-104-com-android-chrome-edit.jpg

Sauce:

A fine player (MOTM for no.6 in my book - I know Kane wasn't fit, but he's still Harry Kane and he still hasn't climbed out of Matip's pocket) and a great club servant.

Auf wiedersehen, Herr Matip.

Felt like he was always one of the unsung superstars of Klopps era or at least very under appreciated outside of Anfield.

A fantastic player when fit and an absolutely outstanding signing. Everything we hoped Lovren would be.

Felt like he was always one of the unsung superstars of Klopps era or at least very under appreciated outside of Anfield.

A fantastic player when fit and an absolutely outstanding signing. Everything we hoped Lovren would be.
Agreed. Matip and Van Dijk were arguably the best CB pairing in the world between 2019-2021.
What I loved about him was that he could be out for like 4 months and then come back and play as if he never was gone in the first place.

His teammates loved him, the staff loved him and the fans loved him. I wish the club honoured Klopp's wish and signed him for another year so he could recuperate at the club. Wouldn't hurt to have a 5th defender in the second half of the season.

I wish him a happy retirement, but he's only 33. He had a few more years left in him I think.

I’ll add to the chorus of praise - for me Matip was one of the most intelligent defenders of the last 20 years. Not super quick over a long distance, but a superb reader of the game, technically good enough to play in midfield (as he did for Schalke in his early years) and dominant in the air. And of course everyone loved his personality - what a unique character! Just thinking about him brings a smile to any LFC fan’s face.

Oh, and Matip was one of the rare footballers who was smart and brave enough to retire from his national team early, which benefited his club career greatly. A true gentleman in every sense!

Agreed. Matip and Van Dijk were arguably the best CB pairing in the world between 2019-2021.
What I loved about him was that he could be out for like 4 months and then come back and play as if he never was gone in the first place.

His teammates loved him, the staff loved him and the fans loved him. I wish the club honoured Klopp's wish and signed him for another year so he could recuperate at the club. Wouldn't hurt to have a 5th defender in the second half of the season.

I wish him a happy retirement, but he's only 33. He had a few more years left in him I think.

I think so too, but I admire the way he's followed his heart and done what he wants to do in that respect. Typical Matip, as others have said.

Back
Top Bottom