• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man of the Match MOTM West Ham (H) LC - Momo’s POTS awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Goals, goals, goals galore. Odd game which we still took our chances. Goals from Jota (x2), Salah and Gakpo (x2).

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
Gomez
Tsimikas (Robertson 82’)
Endo (Morton 82’)
Jones
Jota (Mac Allister 59’)
Chiesa (Salah 59’)
Nunez
Gakpo

Subs:
Salah
Mac Allister
Morton
Robertson

Pick your top 3.

I'll watch the match later but I absolutely would never have guessed Jones in the Top 3 going by the match thread 😂
Pity votes heavily swayed by 1 pass, he was shite.

Mac came on and in 30 mins he played the pass of the match (to Jones) who fucked up the chance, had his point blank effort saved which Mo followed in with and had the effort of the match from about 25 yards which Fabianski sublimely tipped onto the post.

We went up about 50 levels when he and Mo came on. He ran the final third of the game.

Pity votes heavily swayed by 1 pass, he was shite.

Mac came on and in 30 mins he played the pass of the match (to Jones) who fucked up the chance, had his point blank effort saved which Mo followed in with and had the effort of the match from about 25 yards which Fabianski sublimely tipped onto the post.

We went up about 50 levels when he and Mo came on. He ran the final third of the game.
I actually agree, it was between him and Endo for me. I honestly didn't think there were three standouts, there was one...Jota.
Gakpo scored twice against an already defeated side with 10 men on the pitch.

I actually agree, it was between him and Endo for me. I honestly didn't there were three standouts, there was one Jota.
Gakpo scored twice against an already defeated side with 10 men on the pitch.

Gakpo and Jota were both pretty good, the rest were just meh.

Jota right place right time to get 2 poachers goal and Gakpo had a goal bound effort which deflected just wide and he was heavily involved in the first, so credit there.

If people want to give Jones a "yeah whatever" last vote to ease the grief he's been getting, that's fine.

Didn't watch the match. How were Endo and Morton?

And is there hope for our 2nd team back four?

Didn't watch the match. How were Endo and Morton?

And is there hope for our 2nd team back four?
Honestly Endo was one of our better players. Did what he usually does, won the ball a few times, played it simple, nothing extraordinary. Unfortunately we've been seeing what Gravenberch offers lately and if it wasn't for him you'd be seeing more positive comments about Endo here.
Yesterday was a confirmation that he's just too limited to play for us. Still a 6.5 performance.

Morton was meh...barely noticed him, but he only got like 15 mins.

Jota
Gakpo
Jones

Curtis much improved when he was less of a partner to endo. First half he seemed unwilling/unable to go too far forward.

Honestly Endo was one of our better players. Did what he usually does, won the ball a few times, played it simple, nothing extraordinary. Unfortunately we've been seeing what Gravenberch offers lately and if it wasn't for him you'd be seeing more positive comments about Endo here.
Yesterday was a confirmation that he's just too limited to play for us. Still a 6.5 performance.
He was fine. But as you say, gravy has spoiled us. There's a sizeable drop off, and this was against an atrocious west ham side

If Curtis is ever not part of your top 3, @moron, will you dislike your own post? 🙂
I am very fair on Curtis's performances - if he does bad - I will call it out first. The problem is that there are too many LFC fans on social media and on here that have an automatic anti-Curtis switch. People keep saying he doodles on the ball for too long - at least when he does that it don't lead to the opposition getting the ball off him and getting into dangerous areas or scoring - I can name at least 3 incidents last season where Mac10 cost us by not releasing the ball quick enough - but of course people like to forget those costly games don't they ? Its a disgrace really - I would not put Mac10 anywhere near the 6 position but some seem to think he will be OK.

I don't like that, and I also have noticed the false hate on Endo - I think there is a general believe that if people put down Endo - the club will suddenly go and buy a DM. I think Endo has a lot to offer in a formation where he is the main DM guarding the defence - the guy has this 6th sense which detects danger and has proven last season that he is outstanding against top sides. As I kept mentioning this is the guy who is captain of Japan - and has held Rodri in midfield playing for us, and for Japan knocking them out of the world cup. Then he fucked over Gundo's Germany in a friendly 4-0 (in Germany). All this bullshit about him passing sideways and backwards, if anything last season at times he was passing forward so much - I thought he really was not a DM.

Easiest count of the season. Jota wins it with 13 first places (scoring 65 points), Gakpo scores 36 and Jones 14.

Only Salah, Mac and Bradley had mentions but nowhere enough to challenge the top 3.

Time to lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom