• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mikkel Duelund Rejected Liverpool In Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay Age El

Well-Known
Not sure if this news is entitled to it's own thread but it is info about a player we have actually tried to sign in Summer so I thought I'd share.

According to newspaper Ekstra Bladet we tried to lure attacking midfielder Mikkel Duelund, 18, from FC Midtjylland in the Summer but both club and player rejected our approach.

Once again it highlights how our main scouting setup has worked for quite some years now, as our interest were ignited back in August when the Denmark U20 team played the Liverpool Youth team and he stood out. Not necessarily a bad way to discover talents mind, if it's not the only way that is.

He made the Guardian Top 50 talents last Summer so it's not like he's a completely unknown and he has showed glimpses of talent this season scoring 4 and creating 3 so far for the defending champions.

If you like you can probably get to watch him - and Pione Sisto whom I personally reckon would make more sense to try and sign at this stage - when FC Midtjylland play Manchester United in the Europe League later this month.

He is a hardworking number 10 with decent skill, eye for goal and teammates. Less skilled on the ball compared to Coutinho but more of a goal threat, especially as he loves to make the deep surging runs from midfield and into the area - I believe he will be much more of a goal scorer during in his career compared to our little wizard. Pretty strong, decently fast and he might work well in England.

Now you know.

Oh, he once scored a decent goal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom