• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hehe....The best part of my day/life.

Oncy

On being a parent.

Ok. So Molly has many many cuddly toys in her room (maybe 200) there are the elites who sleep on or around her face/pillow area (they are Fluffikins the rabbit, Pink dolly, Rosie, Blue jean, Baby and Puppy dog) then there are the inner circle non elites that sleep at the end of her bed (they are Bagpuss, Toffee tiger, Maximillion, Spot, Silenzi, Pooh and Blue Dolly). Somewhere in all that there is a small child sleeping.
So there is also a hammock hanging on the world that contains all the non important dollys and teddys like Sick rabbit, Eva, Muckord the monkey, Reindeerhead, Button face etc. They are sometimes brought out to play with but never allowed into the inner sanctum of the bed area. EVER.
So a long time ago (probably 4 years ago) when she was about 1 we got this rabbit (his name is Scary Rabbit on account of the fact if you pull his tail he vibrates violently and the first time I did it it made her cry a LOT) and he has always been tucked in the hammock not even in sight.
The other day I pulled him out of the hammock while she was brushing her teeth and tucked him into her bed next to her pillow underneath Rosie. So she brushes her teeth and comes in, climbs into bed ready for her story (Danny Champion of the world) and grabs Rosie for a cuddle...WHO IS THAT...its scary rabbit right?!
‘WHAT is Scary Rabbit doing in your bed’ I exclaim!
‘How did he get in there’
She lobs him on the floor and thinks no more of it.
Next night, scary rabbit is there again, IN THE INNER SANCTUM!! Now I'm getting accused of moving him.
‘Uh Uhhhh not me’ I say and that night her mum is putting her to bed so I cant be responsible but lo and behold Scary Rabbit is in her bed again.
The plot thickens.
Scary Rabbit is over the next few days deposited in more hard to reach areas in the vain hope that it will stop him climbing into the bed (hes under the cushion behind the wendy house, he’s IN the oven IN the wendy house, he’s in a bucket under the bookshelf) but wherever she puts that little rascal the next time she comes into the room he is in her flipping bed again, and not just in the bed but in the elite section of her bed that is for Fluffikins, Rosie, Pink Dolly and the likes.
Doesnt matter who takes her to bed, where she puts him or how long she isn’t in the room for, scary rabbit is a persistent summbitch and there he is every day in her bed.
She fistly just accuses me and I say
‘How can it be me when I don’t even put you to bed half the time’ and I assure her that I wont look at where she deposits him and that I wont even go in her room but its to no avail.
So this has gone on for weeks now.
Last night she put scary rabbit in her wendy house on a little sofa surrounded by gormiti and star wars figures to stop him getting out and today every hour or so she goes and checks that he is still there. So we are having lunch (fishy pasta) today and I say
‘When was the last time you saw scary rabbit’ so she jumps out of her seat and runs upstairs. Its ok, Scary Rabbit is still prisoner in the Wendy House surrounded by the gormiti/star wars crossover army.
She comes back down to finish her lunch and then we go into the living room where she commences to listening to Kylie LOUD. And...oh no, ive left my coffee cup in the kitchen, so I go to fetch it, I'm gone no more than 35 seconds. And I'm back in the living room listening to Kylie and watching squidge dance around the living room with Muckord the monkey. SUDDENLY she darts off.
‘DADDY DADDY he’s in my bed!!’
‘What who eh?’
‘Scary Rabbit he is in my bed on my pillow in my head bit with the cover over him’
‘Well this is a puzzler’
‘Ok thats it ive put him outside my room now’
So she has put him in the hall in a bucket......with spongebob watching him to make sure he doesn’t move and Maximillion on the bedroom door.
Bout an hour later she goes upstairs and comes quietly back down and back to playing with her toys in the living room. I'm making dinner by now (goodfellas pizza’s are a pound each in Asda btw) but I pop in intermittently and on one such pop I notice that in amongst the toys she is playing with is Scary Rabbit.
Now she has NEVER ever not once played with scary rabbit and although scary rabbit is just a name she is by now a bit dubious of him, but here he is being played with along with Pink Dolly, Fluffikins....i mean the elite of the elite.
So I say
‘What the hell is Scary Rabbit doing down here’
And here dear friends is the rub.
Molly has figured out not HOW he is moving about each night. NOT how, but WHY!
She has figured out that he sits in that hammock every single night and sees her playing with and cuddling and loving her other toys and is sad and lonely and every day has been trying to sneak some affection from her. This whole thing has been a massive show by scary rabbit to get some attention. And Molly with the innocence and empathy of the beautiful and amazing child that she is has acquiesced and brought him into the circle. He isn’t to be unloved or lonely anymore, it doesn’t matter HOW he was doing it, it was a cry for help and she was the one to help him.
And tonight. Not only is he in the inner sanctum, not even in the elite.
Scary Rabbit is falling asleep in Mollys arms. And all is well in the world.

Back
Top Bottom