• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

WTF is he doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox

Very Active
Sky Sports News understands Sol Campbell has walked away from League Two club Notts County after just one game.

The centre-back made the surprise decision to sign a five-year contract at Meadow Lane in the summer after his contract expired at Portsmouth.

But reports on Wednesday morning suggested Campbell had walked away from County, who have the 35-year-old's ex-England boss Sven Goran Eriksson as director of football.

That speculation has now been confirmed, with the 73-time England cap saying his goodbyes to his short-term team-mates after training on Tuesday.

Campbell struggled on his debut for County as Ian McParland's side lost to Morecambe on Saturday and it is understood he asked to be released from his deal after that match

I suspect that Campbell was always in some doubt about going there, that the money initially won him over, but that the game he did play showed him the lower standard and more physical style of League 2 would all be a bit too much like hard work at his age.

It's difficult to see what Sol could do other than playing football, I hope he has invested his money wisely, although something inside says that may be unlikely.

regards

He could feature in a game show called 'What's My Secret?' because the weird bloke seems to be almost psychotically secretive. He could star in that for decades. I doubt he's gay, but he's so pointlessly aloof and evasive he gives the impression he's high up at MI5. I bet he's a mystery even to his oldest teammates, but probably leads the most boring life possible.

Considering he never cost one club a penny in transfer fees, the likelihood is he has plenty of wonga. Big juicy signing on fees and massive wages throughout his career.

[quote author=Stu link=topic=35992.msg948882#msg948882 date=1253700084]
Considering he never cost one club a penny in transfer fees, the likelihood is he has plenty of wonga. Big juicy signing on fees and massive wages throughout his career.
[/quote]

Yes, and he seems such a dreadful dullard that I doubt he has really wasted much of it either

[quote author=Stu link=topic=35992.msg948882#msg948882 date=1253700084]
[/quote]

x2 even on low interest rate deposits that would have accrued nicely. He will never be short of a bob or two.

He makes 'diffident' seem like a sign of passionate commitment. Remember when he left Spurs? He sat back and let us and loads of clubs court him via his agent, and then wandered off to Arsenal looking completely bored of the whole thing. He never seems to enjoy playing, competing, winning, anything. He never seems to enjoy football, period. He's a strengely joyless character. When he joined Notts he was just the same, sounding utterly unconvincing as he mumbled about 'challenges' and 'ambitions'. I wonder what the hell really makes life worth living for the miserable misanthrope.

[quote author=Fox link=topic=35992.msg948899#msg948899 date=1253701542]
BACK TO SPURS !!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

surely not Harry
[/quote]

Seriously? He's in for Campbell? That just shows you how bad he thinks his CB crisis is.

BACK TO SPURS !!!!

surely not Harry
[/quote]

surely you jest!!

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=35992.msg948854#msg948854 date=1253698158]
It's difficult to see what Sol could do other than playing football, I hope he has invested his money wisely, although something inside says that may be unlikely.

regards
[/quote]

Then you'd be hugely mistaken.

The guy is worth 28m in football related earnings, and has a huge property portfolio.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=35992.msg948901#msg948901 date=1253701731]
BACK TO SPURS !!!!

surely not Harry
[/quote]

Seriously? He's in for Campbell? That just shows you how bad he thinks his CB crisis is.
[/quote]

a mate of mine has heard Harry say he wants him but is worried about the fans, he is thinking of ways to "organise" it.

Now they have shit loads of injuries at the back as well.

It cannot happen surely.

I suppose it would be like us saying come back to Owen now, but a lot worse obviously

An Arsenal-supporting Spurs manager, who used to manage West Ham and left Pompey for Southampton before returning and then leaving them in the lurch, is worried about the reaction of fans??

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=35992.msg948992#msg948992 date=1253711511]
I think we should go in for him myself.
[/quote]

^^^has a point

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=35992.msg948992#msg948992 date=1253711511]
I think we should go in for him myself.
[/quote]

I suggested that in a thread a while back, I suppose there's no point now though with us having the greek guy.

I mentioned it when he was on a free but now I think we'll need a top experienced defender now Carragher appears to be on the decline.

I have my doubts that Skrtel and Agger aren't ready to be paired together just yet.

[quote author=grjt link=topic=35992.msg948908#msg948908 date=1253702713]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=35992.msg948854#msg948854 date=1253698158]

regards
[/quote]

Then you'd be hugely mistaken.

The guy is worth 28m in football related earnings, and has a huge property portfolio.
[/quote]

Well it just goes to show , you can't judge a book by it's cover

regards

Hahaha it's almost comical in fact

Football players: the rich list

Source: FourFourTwo magazine
David Beckham LA Galaxy 125
Michael Owen Newcastle United 40
Wayne Rooney Manchester United 35
Rio Ferdinand Manchester United 28
Robbie Fowler unattached 28
Sol Campbell Portsmouth 28
Ryan Giggs Manchester United 23
Michael Ballack Chelsea 20
Frank Lampard Chelsea 20
Steven Gerrard Liverpool 19
Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United 18
John Terry Chelsea 17
Didier Drogba Chelsea 15
Nicolas Anelka Chelsea 14
Damien Duff Newcastle United 14
Dimitar Berbatov Manchester United 13
Ashley and Cheryl Cole Chelsea 13
Fernando Torres Liverpool 13
Emile Heskey Wigan Athletic 12
Gary Neville Manchester United 11.75

That must be an old list.

There's no way Ronaldo is below Ballack, Lampard etc..

They're older so would have acquired more wealth

I also think they were earning more than Ronaldo during his time at United. Ronaldo was only on the 120kp/w mark for the last few years, whereas Lampard's and Ballack have been there a while.

Ronaldo will obviously shoot up, though. Madrid actively encourage players to market themselves so he could easily match Beckham.

Christ, when did football stop being football?

I saw this woman on TV a while ago. Some sort of interior designer, with the most enormous hooter and a glacial, ludicrously imperious demeanour. 'Who,' I thought, 'would ever go out with THAT?' Then they mentioned her 'boyfriend'...Sol Campbell. Here is Ms Haughty-Hooter with obligatory gaylord:

hoppenREX2003_450x437.jpg

[size=5pt]This is not really football-related but a nonetheless important public information message. Thank you.[/size]

"While we are disappointed that Sol felt that he could not adjust to the long-term nature of the project underway at Notts County, we obviously wish him the best with the remainder of his career and hope that he is able to obtain a place where he can play at international level ahead of the 2010 World Cup," said Trembling.

Sounds like he still has thoughts of going to the WC? Seems very ambitious.

Or a feeble excuse to get away from League two.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=35992.msg949032#msg949032 date=1253714120]

Sounds like he still has thoughts of going to the WC? Seems very ambitious.

[/quote]

He can't hold it in forever.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=35992.msg949036#msg949036 date=1253714298]
imagine going for a drink with sol campbell and michael owen.
[/quote]

'A short for Michael and a highball for Sol.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom