• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup meh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you stated, quite clearly, that the negative attitude to the WC was because "you're [sic] own country weren't good enough to get there". So, using simple powers of deduction you were suggesting that the likes of the Welsh and Irish, Northern Irish were the one's bringing 'hatred' and 'bile'. I was pointing out that some of the most bilious posts in the thread actually are coming from English posters. Who, of course, have qualified. It seemed pertinent.

You're overthinking and deducing. I had no particular country in mind. I don't keep track of posters nationalities. I just keep trying to bring it back to Football.

It's going to be a Meh world cup for me. I see a few group games (though admittedly there are some good matches) and then on 1st July fly to Kazakhstan and on the 2nd a bus to Kyrgyzstan and then go mountain trekking for the next 4 weeks! The nearest I'll come to seeing any sport will be (if I'm lucky) watching a game of Kok Boru, Dead Goat Polo, the national sport of Kyrgyzstan, played by herdsmen :(:eek::D

Last edited:
It's going to be a Meh world cup for me. I see a few group games (though admittedly there are some good matches) and then on 1st July fly to Kazakhstan and on the 2nd a bus to Kyrgyzstan and then go mountain trekking for the next 4 weeks! The nearest I'll come to seeing any sport will be (if I'm lucky) watching a game of Kok Boru, Dead Goat Polo, the national sport of Kyrgyzstan, played by herdsmen :(:eek::D
Dead goat polo sounds interesting.

As usual Germany will win with their boring efficiency... would love a samba football carnival though.

2026 WC to be hosted by US, Canada and Mexico. Another genius choice - the travelling will be ridiculous.

potential%20host%20cities.jpg

Yep.

VAR has influenced that a bit but so has a reduction in sides just parking the bus. You usually get two defensive sides facing each other in some games, that hasn't happened once yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom