• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting World Cup Betting Thread

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could the 90 mins draw in each aswel.
To be honest Dave I've no idea how these matches will pan out so don't want too much involvement although might dabble on Colombia later.

Hard to argue the Colombia one, it looks like a 50:50 game to me so 4/1 looks very tempting.

Ideally i'll be able to cash out at some point during the game.

I'm working during the France Germany one so won't be able to pay attention to it

OK I've struggled for too long to pin my colours to the mast based on what I've seen in this world cup so "balls on the line" £150 Colombia to win the WC @ 15/1 although I realise this could be a short term bet if Brazil finally play well.

Muller first goal for the final?
Who would take a German penalty in the final, Kroos? If so I might stick £10 on him as I can see a clumsy tackle by Garay as the Germans bomb forward early.

@Pesam,

I had a tenner on Argentina at 12/1 pre tournament. I opened a new account with PP so I got enhanced odd but max bet £10.

Should I back Germany to lift the cup to guarantee profit (say £80) or should I just let it ride?

@Pesam,

I had a tenner on Argentina at 12/1 pre tournament. I opened a new account with PP so I got enhanced odd but max bet £10.

Should I back Germany to lift the cup to guarantee profit (say £80) or should I just let it ride?
I hate giving advice like this because obviously my opinion is not always correct and I don't like losing other people's money. Having said that, IF IT WAS MY MONEY I would hedge the bet with a bet on the Germans. I backed the Argies pre-tournament but took a profit pre-quarter final because I've been unimpressed with them (and still am). Obviously I would have won more if I'd let the bet ride but I'm happy with my decision as they weren't great against Belgium and needed penalties to get past a thoroughly average Holland. They look better since Biglia came in for the useless Gago but still think Germany will be too strong for them.

I was thinking hedging it but it's relatively small money so I was gonna let it ride. I prob will hedge my bets. Profit is profit. Safest thing is to back Germany lifting the cup. 90 min betting would be foolish.

What way would you hedge it? amounts etc.

I have the opposite problem, have 25 quid on Germany to win it at 11/2.

Thinking of putting a few on Argentina, but then I think feck it, let it ride.

I was thinking hedging it but it's relatively small money so I was gonna let it ride. I prob will hedge my bets. Profit is profit. Safest thing is to back Germany lifting the cup. 90 min betting would be foolish.

What way would you hedge it? amounts etc.
I probably would still hedge even if it's "only" £120. I've had £1,000 bets in similar situations that I haven't hedged because I've been confident in my original selection and then I've hedged bets for £60 if I lose a bit of faith in my selection i.e. the amount of money shouldn't affect your decision just how likely you think the bet is to win......and in this case (if it was me) I wouldn't have too much faith in the Argies.

Definitely DON'T back Germany to win 90 minutes as a hedge because you lose both bets then if the Germans win extra time or penalties. Maybe just stick £50 on the Germans at 4/5 and win £40 on them or £70 on Argies.

There is always the option of sticking £120 on the Germans to win £100 and leave you -£10 on the Argies. Who do you think will win Dave?

Can't call it but I think Germany will see it out unless Messi has a moment of magic in him. I think Muller WILL score.

Can't call it but I think Germany will see it out unless Messi has a moment of magic in him. I think Muller WILL score.

It's a tough call but if it was me I'd be very tempted to switch sides to the Germans i.e. £110 bet on the Germans at 4/5 which would leave me at break even on an Argie victory and about +£90 on Germany.....but then again I'm quite convinced Germany will prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom