• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why Leicester are title challengers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ you aren't half one knee jerk know-it-all gobshite sometimes.

Who's the car crash pat? The person who predicted they'd make top four, where they are at the halfway point, or the idiot who's deciding their seasons fate based on one week of form?

Ha never said I know it all or even much. I’m talking about the thread title which talks about them being title contenders, they weren’t a few weeks ago and aren’t now either.

They are still having a great season and fourth is a possibility

Until it is mathematically impossible for any team to win the league, they should all be considered title contenders!

Fk you naysayers. Leicester has played the best team in the world twice already and they are STILL ahead of Man City!! ;)

They won’t and even if they do we’ll so far ahead that they were never in the title race. It’ll have been a one horse race.

Not that it’s that high and mighty, it was obvious to most that they were never in it.
If Leicester get anything like 80-90 points they could have been considered title contenders in most seasons. City and us are still just anomalies points wise. Lets see how LCFC do...

But by my definition of title contention... they have been the 3rd best team in the league and if the 3rd best team perform in all but 4 matches that is close to title contention normally. A la Athletico/Valencia winning the league in Spain occassionally.

They won’t and even if they do we’ll so far ahead that they were never in the title race. It’ll have been a one horse race.

Not that it’s that high and mighty, it was obvious to most that they were never in it.

But they are keeping up with that moving benchmark!

If Leicester get anything like 80-90 points they could have been considered title contenders in most seasons. City and us are still just anomalies points wise. Lets see how LCFC do...

But by my definition of title contention... they have been the 3rd best team in the league and if the 3rd best team perform in all but 4 matches that is close to title contention normally. A la Athletico/Valencia winning the league in Spain occassionally.

Occasionally? You mean twice each in the last 45 years?

In my book you are only a contender if you actually have a realistic shot at winning the league. They’ve never been close to that

If shit goes side ways this season , you need perma banning

even after Leicester losing badly past two games they are still our nearest challenger lol
The gulf in class between us and Leicester reminds me of when we played 2nd place Nottingham forest back in the late 80s . won 5-0 but it could have been 10. 7 or 8-0 would have been a fair result against Leicester the other night the gulf was that big

If shit goes side ways this season , you need perma banning

I’ll take the van if it happens but it won’t.

We are going to be champions. Just a matter of when.

Enjoy it. If you wait til May you’ll only get 3 months out of it and then the new season will be upon us and it’ll be history again. I want to get 9 months out of it

Keywords are mathematically impossible, if it’s possible then they are contending, if they aren’t then they’re not.

So I line up for the Melbourne marathon am I still in contention until the leaders cannot he caught? What a stupid stand point.

Being in contention has nothing to do with mathematically possible

So I line up for the Melbourne marathon am I still in contention until the leaders cannot he caught?
With that premise, the entire league is filled with a group of players who joined the league for the fuck of it, just to keep themselves fit like you running the Melbourne marathon, that's how you see all of them? Those club owners are just happy to spend hundreds of millions for participating the competition with no intention or ambition to be at the top of the echelon is what you are telling me?

Very arrogant way to see the league and the other clubs/competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom