• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who will make top 4?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which 2 of these teams will make top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
top4.png

It's nice to be in a position to look down on the top-4 struggle for once... Who do you think will get it in the end?

Spurs are nailed on.

Arsenal will get the other imo

What makes you think they're "nailed on"? Are you aware of their recent League form? They play us at Anfield next...although I reckon that might end up being a draw unfortunately. They also have City away. A potentially tricky fixture at Bournemouth depending which Bournemouth turn up. Have a London Derby at home against West Ham as well.

What makes you think they're "nailed on"? Are you aware of their recent League form? They play us at Anfield next...although I reckon that might end up being a draw unfortunately. They also have City away. A potentially tricky fixture at Bournemouth depending which Bournemouth turn up. Have a London Derby at home against West Ham as well.

Every time people think Spurs will fall away they win games to keep them near the top. Maybe I’ll be wrong but I doubt it. Spurs are a very good side and I don’t see 2 of the chasing 3 being consistent enough to push them outside the top 4.

I think it’ll be United. They’ll have to fuck their own fans over by beating city and opening the door for us to win the title.

I think Arsenal and United will do it, Spurs to be in meltdown financially from dropping out of the CL as their new stadium launches.

Three straight losses?

What year are you looking at?

Soz, the massive 1 point from a possible last 12 makes such a difference to their current excellent league form.
Should have known better than to ask why you think Spurs would make the top 4.

Soz, the massive 1 point from a possible last 12 makes such a difference to their current excellent league form.
Should have known better than to ask why you think Spurs would make the top 4.

Drawing with Arsenal and beating Dortmund home and away says a lot to me. They battered Southampton and should have won comfortably. I hope I’m wrong as I’d love to see them miss out but ya I think they’ll get 3rd no problem.

Drawing with Arsenal and beating Dortmund home and away says a lot to me. They battered Southampton and should have won comfortably. I hope I’m wrong as I’d love to see them miss out but ya I think they’ll get 3rd no problem.

It's odd "they batter Southhampton and should have won comfortably" was exactly what anyone who watched the Dortmund game thought too ... Dortmund should have been up 3/4-0 at half time!

It's odd "they batter Southhampton and should have won comfortably" was exactly what anyone who watched the Dortmund game thought too ... Dortmund should have been up 3/4-0 at half time!

Haha, yeah I thought the same. Spurs have been pretty awful for a fair few games now and have picked up 1 point from their last 12. Its not a given that they will get 3rd at all. I think they'll get CL, but it will be tight.

Haha, yeah I thought the same. Spurs have been pretty awful for a fair few games now and have picked up 1 point from their last 12. Its not a given that they will get 3rd at all. I think they'll get CL, but it will be tight.

I think Manchester and Arsenal are the odd on favorites right now.

Spurs can be great - but they seem to be tiring ... at least they keep their manager another year, as he's a good one.

Chelsea can also be great - they've shown it a few times, but are struggling to accommodate Jorginho and don't seem to be interested in showing up against teams 6-20 the last few weeks!

That’s also true but Spurs aren’t going to come up against that standard too often over the next 8 league games.

United made an incredible spurt to bring themselves back into top-4 contention, but do they have another such sprint in them? I would bet against it, they will keep pace with Chelsea/Arsenal, but not overtake them.

United made an incredible spurt to bring themselves back into top-4 contention, but do they have another such sprint in them? I would bet against it, they will keep pace with Chelsea/Arsenal, but not overtake them.

IMO the next few games will be crucial for them. One can't deny Solskjaer's done well so far, but IMO a major factor in that has been that he's not Mourinho. Now that they've lost, and to one of their closest competitors for a CL spot at that, the accent will be on what he brings to the table in his own right. If he fails to lead them back to their excellent recent form, that'll also give their board quite the conundrum about whether or not to give him the permanent gig.

We can but hope. :vamp:

Last edited:
Chelsea staying in the EL with a transfer ban is glorious. Roman must surely be ready to sell up. Send them back to mid-table mediocrity.

Chelsea staying in the EL with a transfer ban is glorious. Roman must surely be ready to sell up. Send them back to mid-table mediocrity.
Disagree -
I want Chelsea to qualify for CL when they can't take advantage of that to attract new players and then slip out of top 4 next season. This scenario allows spurs to miss CL this year and likewise crash and burn next season.
Win Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom