• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who is your player of the season, so far?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Your LFC player of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
A lot of talk in the media recently about who our player of the season is, so I thought I'd test the waters here.
You have two votes, in case you can't pick between two players.

Trent and Mane are the players who have stepped up and improved the most in the last 12 months.

Henderson's another who is playing the best football of his career right now.

I went with VVD and Hendo to start... but when I though about it there really is only one... Henderson covering Fabinho to the level he has and ensuring we go perfect through our busy period is probably enough on its own.

Pretty tough when we've had the season we have so far, everyone has been good.

Stand outs would be the obvious ones: TAA, Virgil, Salah, Mane, Hendo, Wijnaldum and Alisson

Vvd has been and is a the best player. Plus he has the most gaols outside of the front 3.

With the pfa votes happening now in March, hendo will probably win that award. Hendo is nailed on for the footballer writer awards

Vvd has been and is a the best player. Plus he has the most gaols outside of the front 3.

With the pfa votes happening now in March, hendo will probably win that award. Hendo is nailed on for the footballer writer awards
I have a feeling that the players rate Van Dijk more and the football writers just seem a bit biased when there's an English player among the candidates.

Mane is also up there obviously. Fuck, everyone have been so good.
Can we get the award as a team award?

Personally, I haven't forgot what Mané did in the first half of the season. His form has dropped lately but, he's one of those players in the squad that we can't afford losing.

Last edited:
I can understand the votes for Hendo but he hasn't been at the very top of his game all season and I believe he's accruing more votes now simply because he's been at his very peak the last few games.

For me it has to be VvD. He's had one average game and a gazillion great games and more than anyone else he's the reason we remain unbeaten.

Virg didn't have a great start to the season during the period where we struggle to keep a cleansheet.

His form picked up strangely when Fab got injured, not too different from Hendo.

So I would say Sadio, followed by Virg then Hendo.

Can't pick just one. Or even two.

Sadio, Trent, Hendo, Virgil, Fabinho, Firmino, Wijnaldum, Gomez, Matip have all had spells of being excellent. Even the others I haven't mentioned have been great, too.

I went with Van Dijk. Looking at Lovren and Matip together once again hammered home how fortunate we are to have Big Virg at that back. He has dominated anyone we have faced this year and has scored 4 league goals. He just shades it for me at the mo.

Henderson, Mane, Trent, Alisson, Salah, Bobby all just behind.

Virgil is our best player indeed... Henderson is player of the season so far. He re-learned a position under pressure and kept us on a roll.

Really tough as we have had so many players playing well, the entire back 5 have been brilliant, it has to be Van Dijk for me, with Henderson not far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom