• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who do you think we will sign before the transfer window closes?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who will we bring in before the transfer window closes?

• Aissa Mandi

• Ben White

• Dayot Upamecano

• Eder Militao

• Ibrahima Konaté

• Ozan Kabak

• Sven Botman

• Shkodran Mustafi

• No One

• Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone's heard and discussed it so far, but there was quite an interesting Q&A with James Pearce a couple of days ago with US LFC fans. As far as transfers are concerned he said:

• He was told a few months ago that the club has a particular CB in mind to sign but he can't be signed before the summer;
  • The club has been actively talking to a wide range of clubs and agents about a short-term CB signing this month, but they're still determined to only get a player who'll improve the team;
  • Like other hacks, he's been told that the Botman rumours came from the same source as the Pepe rumours - absolutely no interest in him;

[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:6|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Liverpool are attempting to bring in reinforcements before the transfer window closes as Jürgen Klopp looks to address the defensive injury crisis in his squad.

Klopp added: “I am not sure there is an £80 million centre back available at the moment and a club thinks, ‘We can get £80 million for him so we will sell him.’ I don’t think that’s the case. Actually, pretty much I know. This calibre of player the teams would not sell them now.

“We need to find the right player and one which suits our financial situation, that’s clear as well. It’s about a solution, that’s the first thing, and that’s what we are working on.”{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

I'm sure I asked the site mods some time ago to put in an "UNLIKE" button specifically for posts such as this.

What's wrong with that suggestion ? - right now - all we need is an experienced two legs guy standing at the back, and to be honest this decision of getting a defender should have been done like 2nd January so that he would have enough time to train with our team, but that is not going to be possible so whoever we get needs not only be experienced but able to hit the ground running with our team. Right now - if Lovren was available - I think Klopp would take him back straight away because he knows our team. Whatever people think of him on here - Klopp was not wrong about him being one of the best around when he first joined us. The only draw-back of course is that his injury record was never far from Matip's !!!

Every time his name is mentioned I keep thinking about that Spurs game, a coupe of years ago. I'd prefare Nat Phillips to him any time.

I'm sure I asked the site mods some time ago to put in an "UNLIKE" button specifically for posts such as this.

Yeah lads, stop wasting your time trying to stop the whole site from going under and turn it into youtube

We aren’t gonna sign anyone are we?
Frustrating aspect is rather sticking with either Nat or Rhys in defense even when we have no one, Klopp keep changing the defense which gives neither a run.
Then you got the massive imbalance of Hendo and Fabinho from midfield. Effectively causes a massive gap in midfield and defense. It feels like sacrificing the season without one.
The whole thing is bizarre and just know on Monday night any prospective signing is going to be stuck in Calais because EU have banned all imports into UK.

We aren’t gonna sign anyone are we?
Frustrating aspect is rather sticking with either Nat or Rhys in defense even when we have no one, Klopp keep changing the defense which gives neither a run.
Then you got the massive imbalance of Hendo and Fabinho from midfield. Effectively causes a massive gap in midfield and defense. It feels like sacrificing the season without one.
The whole thing is bizarre and just know on Monday night any prospective signing is going to be stuck in Calais because EU have banned all imports into UK.
We're going to sign Steven Caulker. Don't worry

What's wrong with that suggestion ? - right now - all we need is an experienced two legs guy standing at the back, and to be honest this decision of getting a defender should have been done like 2nd January so that he would have enough time to train with our team, but that is not going to be possible so whoever we get needs not only be experienced but able to hit the ground running with our team. Right now - if Lovren was available - I think Klopp would take him back straight away because he knows our team. Whatever people think of him on here - Klopp was not wrong about him being one of the best around when he first joined us. The only draw-back of course is that his injury record was never far from Matip's !!!
Every time I hear Lovren’s name, I think of this article.
[article]Things are rarely that easy, though. In Germany they have a concept called Ruinenlust, which describes the irresistible pleasure of seeing a deeply distressed object in the process of falling to pieces. And for half an hour here Liverpoolprovided something similar as Jürgen Klopp’s team produced collectively one of the worst displays of elite-club defending the Premier League will see this season; and individually a candidate for worst half-hour on the pitch in recent memory.

Dejan Lovren has been thoroughly eviscerated by now, not just on social media and in on-the-whistle match reports, but by his own manager, who stated, rather cruelly, that he could have done better himself just wandering around Wembley in a pair of trainers.

And make no mistake, this was a horrendous half-hour from Lovren, who appeared at times to have completely forgotten he was actually playing in a football match, startled to find himself in the middle of all that green, so many faces in the crowd.

First, though, the horror. It took four minutes for Tottenham to open the scoring. It was a beautiful striker’s goal, Kane springing on to Kieran Trippier’s dinked pass, working the ball on to his left foot, then thumping it low and hard into the corner.

Even in real time, though, it was impossible not to feel the eyes drawn to Lovren who produced a genuinely scene-stealing piece of un-defending. Lovren did not just lose Kane, he seemed to lose all concept of what it was he was doing here, dressed in these strange red clothes, ambling about like a man recently winched up off the anaesthetist’s table, and watching on with only the vaguest curiosity as the ball floated over his head into Kane’s path.

If the first Tottenham goal was helped by a horrible mistake from Lovren then, well, so was the second – albeit with the benefit of illuminating what was also a terrible goal to concede as a team. Credit to Spurs, who sent the ball the entire length of the pitch in two passes. But there was very little resistance to this as a basic idea. From a corner Hugo Lloris hurled the ball out to halfway. At which point Lovren felt the music swell, the choir begin to purr and coo and for just one tiny, fatal moment really did seem to believe he could fly.

It was a poor decision. Lovren launched himself. The ball floated in a gentle parabola over halfway. Lovren floated in a gentle parabola under the ball, Kane sped away and offered the perfect pass for Son to finish. You can only play the loopy central defence in front of you, but Tottenham had been utterly clinical. Moments later it was almost three, with another attack down Lovren’s no-fly channel. The ball floated over Lovren’s head in an eerily familiar echo of what had passed before, a case of Dejan Vu. Son spanked it on to the bar. And so it carried on, the white shirts seeming to treat Liverpool’s No6 as a minor piece of street furniture to be swayed around without much thought en route to somewhere else.

With half an hour gone Lovren was euthanised from the pitch, wandering off straight past his manager to sit three rows back, looking utterly stunned, still in his red shirt. Has there been a worse half-hour from an international‑standard Premier League player?
[/article]

Hint ...
af4a3300659c92c95c033b041828dfcd.jpg

Every time I hear Lovren’s name, I think of this article.
[article]Things are rarely that easy, though. In Germany they have a concept called Ruinenlust, which describes the irresistible pleasure of seeing a deeply distressed object in the process of falling to pieces. And for half an hour here Liverpoolprovided something similar as Jürgen Klopp’s team produced collectively one of the worst displays of elite-club defending the Premier League will see this season; and individually a candidate for worst half-hour on the pitch in recent memory.

Dejan Lovren has been thoroughly eviscerated by now, not just on social media and in on-the-whistle match reports, but by his own manager, who stated, rather cruelly, that he could have done better himself just wandering around Wembley in a pair of trainers.

And make no mistake, this was a horrendous half-hour from Lovren, who appeared at times to have completely forgotten he was actually playing in a football match, startled to find himself in the middle of all that green, so many faces in the crowd.

First, though, the horror. It took four minutes for Tottenham to open the scoring. It was a beautiful striker’s goal, Kane springing on to Kieran Trippier’s dinked pass, working the ball on to his left foot, then thumping it low and hard into the corner.

Even in real time, though, it was impossible not to feel the eyes drawn to Lovren who produced a genuinely scene-stealing piece of un-defending. Lovren did not just lose Kane, he seemed to lose all concept of what it was he was doing here, dressed in these strange red clothes, ambling about like a man recently winched up off the anaesthetist’s table, and watching on with only the vaguest curiosity as the ball floated over his head into Kane’s path.

If the first Tottenham goal was helped by a horrible mistake from Lovren then, well, so was the second – albeit with the benefit of illuminating what was also a terrible goal to concede as a team. Credit to Spurs, who sent the ball the entire length of the pitch in two passes. But there was very little resistance to this as a basic idea. From a corner Hugo Lloris hurled the ball out to halfway. At which point Lovren felt the music swell, the choir begin to purr and coo and for just one tiny, fatal moment really did seem to believe he could fly.

It was a poor decision. Lovren launched himself. The ball floated in a gentle parabola over halfway. Lovren floated in a gentle parabola under the ball, Kane sped away and offered the perfect pass for Son to finish. You can only play the loopy central defence in front of you, but Tottenham had been utterly clinical. Moments later it was almost three, with another attack down Lovren’s no-fly channel. The ball floated over Lovren’s head in an eerily familiar echo of what had passed before, a case of Dejan Vu. Son spanked it on to the bar. And so it carried on, the white shirts seeming to treat Liverpool’s No6 as a minor piece of street furniture to be swayed around without much thought en route to somewhere else.

With half an hour gone Lovren was euthanised from the pitch, wandering off straight past his manager to sit three rows back, looking utterly stunned, still in his red shirt. Has there been a worse half-hour from an international‑standard Premier League player?
[/article]
Strange, i never think of that day. People here are obsessed with that memory of him. I think if we are honest there were more better days with him in our team than bad ones.

Strange, i never think of that day. People here are obsessed with that memory of him. I think if we are honest there were more better days with him in our team than bad ones.

He had a brain fart in almost every game. Constantly holding/grappling and flying in when he didn’t need. Remember that shit show against Watford last year? That’s the real Lovren.

How many faultless games did he have?

Lots of names bandied about now the last day or two.
Looks like we are scrambling to get someone anyway.
Panic stylee

He had a brain fart in almost every game. Constantly holding/grappling and flying in when he didn’t need. Remember that shit show against Watford last year? That’s the real Lovren.

How many faultless games did he have?

He was one of the best defenders in the world, there were only a handful better than him at the time, yes the standards of defending have gone down across football, but he was one of the best around.

He was one of the best defenders in the world, there were only a handful better than him at the time, yes the standards of defending have gone down across football, but he was one of the best around.

He was never near the best.

Either you're employing sarcasm or you've never seen Lovren play. When he played there wouldn't be game where he didn't do something inexplicable to hand the advantage to his opposition and if you put that to a side, he was awful at staying fit. He makes Matip look like wolverine. Don't forget he played the WC through injury only for the club to pick up the slack. I'm glad his gone.

Why don’t we get subotic on a free until end of season, done. Only 32...
Yeah, injuries really took alot away from his game. Not the same player any more. It's basically the equivalent of bringing Sturridge back and expecting the 2014 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom