• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where's Divock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that one well. The usual retards were out in force - Ryan, Woland , Hansern, mystic
Heh. My analysis still stands strong. He's nothing more than a cult hero who has scored some important goals.. but not regular enough.

[article]Liverpool have put Divock Origi up for sale.

Fenerbahce are believed to be leading the race and are reportedly already in talks with the club, reports Turkish journalist Ekrem Konur.

The Belgian is also being hunted by a host of Premier League clubs including Aston Villa, Newcastle, Brighton and Fulham.

Leeds were also linked with the frontman last month.

Fenerbahce are believed to want the player on loan but the English sides may be open to a permanent move.

Liverpool are willing to let Origi leave providing Fenerbahce pay a loan fee and for the deal to include a mandatory obligation to buy clause.[/article]

Brewster seem to be going on loan to Sheff Utd, not a permanent move though.
But letting both leave seem a bit short sighted..

So if we're stuck with Origi then Brewster goes on loan.

But if we can sell/loan Origi then Brewster stays.

Makes sense to me, whilst I'd much prefer Brewster to stay with us we all know Klopp has a soft spot for Divock & trusts him more than us fans, plus as long as we're not selling Brewster than I'm fairly content either way.

The only thing Origi "got going for him" is the fact that he has scored a few memorable goals for us in important matches. Basically he's like Smicer, cult hero status but not really good enough.
He should have been sold last summer when his stock peaked.
On some level I'm OK with him staying put, but I just don't trust him.

Not fair, Origi has scored way more important goals.

One helped us get back in the game. One made it 2-0 in the final minutes. World of difference.

One CL final goal vs one CL final goal and a host more. It’s not even close.
Scored a pen too.
I'm not saying that their achievements are the same, I am saying that they're in the same league basically.
Smicer is a cult hero, Origi is a cult hero. What's a step above cult hero?
Legend?
Nah, I'm not having that.

Keep origi away from the pitch. Just make him work in the canteen.

Lifetime contract for the Barca game.

One helped us get back in the game. One made it 2-0 in the final minutes. World of difference.

One scored twice including the all important 4th to get us to the final from an impossible position and scored in the final, one showed up for 2 mins in the final.

World of difference and that’s before you compare the rest of their goals.

Scored a pen too.
I'm not saying that their achievements are the same, I am saying that they're in the same league basically.
Smicer is a cult hero, Origi is a cult hero. What's a step above cult hero?
Legend?
Nah, I'm not having that.

Nowhere near the same for me. Smicer is born off one (very big) game.
Origi had numerous big games and big big goals.

If they are both “cult hero’s” Origi is a 10 and Smicer a 2 (Traore is a 1)

One scored twice including the all important 4th to get us to the final from an impossible position and scored in the final, one showed up for 2 mins in the final.

World of difference and that’s before you compare the rest of their goals.

Huh?

So if we're stuck with Origi then Brewster goes on loan.

But if we can sell/loan Origi then Brewster stays.

Makes sense to me, whilst I'd much prefer Brewster to stay with us we all know Klopp has a soft spot for Divock & trusts him more than us fans, plus as long as we're not selling Brewster than I'm fairly content either way.

It would be odd to lose Origi and not replace him, given our lack of depth upfront. Our striking options have narrowed from Firmino, Sturridge, Ings, Origi to potentially just Firmino and a talented kid with no PL experience that would be a ton of pressure on Firmino to stay fit.

Not if we see a switch of formation (well, switch of roles Klopp would call it) for example using Thiago to change to something that looks like a 3-5-2/5-3-2 dependant on possession.

Fabinho is more than capable of dropping into the back line & the full backs are more than capable of playing like wingers, the forwards can & do switch positions regularly.

Klopp spoke in glowing terms about teams who switch defensive formations in play twice towards the end of last season, I think he's had something similar in mind for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom