• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What do or did your parents do?

To be honest I wanted to post in here much earlier but just didn’t get the time to write it up. Firstly Sunny, that was a quality post mate. I’m sure the rest are just as good but again I ain’t had time to read all of them.

My dad does properties here in London, basically buying and selling houses. My mum doesn’t work so I get to see both of them quite a lot. The relationship I have with my dad is a very healthy one. It obviously helps, well in my case anyway because I get to see a lot of him. He’s the type that always giving me advice, whether I take it or not is a different matter. He never says to me “you must do this†or “you must do thatâ€, I think that’s why I enjoy my relationship with him so much. He goes on holiday every year, so the time he’s not around, I’ve never said it to him but I do kind of miss him. He’s a very straightforward kind of guy, never beats around the bush type of person, which I like about him. Although my dad has never said to me he’s loves me, I known he does because of all the things he’s done for me. He’s always tried his hardest for me and accepted nothing other then the best for me. I’m obviously going to try my hardest to pay him back. I know one thing for sure, if I give half the effort and love to my kid, which my dad gave to me; my kid’s going to be a very lucky person.

Moving on to my mother, well she’s your normal type of mum, always there for you, always happy to help, no matter what time of the day it is. I don’t think I’ve ever cooked for myself and I hardly iron as well, as long my mums here, she’ll take care of it. I feel I am lucky to have the parent I do, they gave so much effort and commitment to their kids, and I hope I can follow their footsteps with my kids. I truly love both my parents even though it’s been a very long time since I’ve actually said it to them.

What a superb thread.

Only getting to read it properly now.

Still only on the 1st few pages but thought I'd add my little bit.

My mother

Worked in a mental home, the civil service, cross pen factories, become a house wife and now works making devices for the heart in a medical company.

My father

As a young man did some labouring and dug half the tunnels under dublins streets, but his 1st and last love was always the farm. He excelled in everything he did. Won all Ireland medals in Rugby, Football soccer tug of war, Half hunfred throwing, 100m sprint. It's always annoyed me that my body ability didn't match my minds determination on the pitch.

I could go on and on and on about my relationship with both parents. My father was the perfect example to me in everything he did and if I could be even 1,000th the man he was I'll be very happy.

All of my principles and morals are based on my parents, like most people I guess. I actully feel great sadness for the people who either didn't know one or both of their parents or just had a bad relationship with them.

My father passed away 2 years tomorrow week, but as always I will look back with a smile that I had such a father and not a tear that he is gone.

And if nothing more his passing has shown the true strength of my mother to carry the rest of us through a very difficult time.

Fuck me this must be the best thread I've ever read.

Such honesty on an internet forum.

Its says alot about those who declined to open up as much as it did anything else.

And I can't even single anyone out as every post was worthwhile.

Although the "have a medal you wanker" was priceless.

I'm definately in the Ryan Shieky department though, although in the last 2 years my Mam has shown a side of her I either never bothered to notice or she didn't feel the need to show.

Incredible woman.

I'm with DB.

This thread epitomizes exactly why 6CM to me is the hands down best forum on the net. Not only footie-wise.

Simply brilliant.

My Dad's a teacher. My Mom's a former teacher - now self-employed in the Healthcare-business.

My Dad is one of my best friends. Watching loads of footy together and we can talk about almost everything, though we often tend to disagree. He can be a stubborn, self-righteous prick too, but most of the time he is doing his best to be a good Dad. You can't demand much more I reckon.

My Mom is a saint. Always happy, helpful and loving.

Everybody loves her, well, maybe appart from my Dad as they broke up when I was around five.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=9987.msg225890#msg225890 date=1176990573]
"Milner" said:
although Mums don't seem to be involved with this thread sadly. .

Indeed,
A shout out to my ma, who is one of my best friends in the world.
She raised me on her own in the most part, and never complained. She was loving caring and taught me a fine sense of values.

She never gave me a bedtime, she let me swear, she didnt discipline me, she just let me fuck up and then talked through what i could have done differently.

She is a left wing pot smoking old fuckin hippy, and the world would have been a much MUCH worse place if she hadnt been in it.

Oh and she gave me as a gift, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Tom Waits, the Marx Brothers, Frank Zappa, Vincent Van Gough, Van Morrison, Monet, Shakespeare, The Doors, The Stones, The Kinks, Humphry Bogart, The Titanic, Jack the Ripper, Turner, Gurnica, The Singing Detective, Pennies from Heaven, Gershwin, Cotes de Rhone, Creedence, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Alexandre Dumas, JRR Tolkien, Citizen Smith, MASH, Bukowski, Fawlty Towers, Bobby Darin, Cassius Clay, Pot, The Fabulous Furry Freek brothers, Toulouse Latrec, The Buzzcocks, The Clash, James Ellroy, Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, Joni Mitchell, John Martyn, Upstairs Downstairs, 24, Jeanie C Riley, Doowop, John Coltrane, Behan, Marvin Gaye, Ivan Lendl, Metro Goldwyn Mayer and hope.
[/quote]

I love your Mum too. Is that ok?

[quote author=the_khl link=topic=9987.msg556408#msg556408 date=1209571055]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=9987.msg225890#msg225890 date=1176990573]
"Milner" said:
although Mums don't seem to be involved with this thread sadly. .

Indeed,
A shout out to my ma, who is one of my best friends in the world.
She raised me on her own in the most part, and never complained. She was loving caring and taught me a fine sense of values.

She never gave me a bedtime, she let me swear, she didnt discipline me, she just let me fuck up and then talked through what i could have done differently.

She is a left wing pot smoking old fuckin hippy, and the world would have been a much MUCH worse place if she hadnt been in it.

Oh and she gave me as a gift, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Tom Waits, the Marx Brothers, Frank Zappa, Vincent Van Gough, Van Morrison, Monet, Shakespeare, The Doors, The Stones, The Kinks, Humphry Bogart, The Titanic, Jack the Ripper, Turner, Gurnica, The Singing Detective, Pennies from Heaven, Gershwin, Cotes de Rhone, Creedence, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Alexandre Dumas, JRR Tolkien, Citizen Smith, MASH, Bukowski, Fawlty Towers, Bobby Darin, Cassius Clay, Pot, The Fabulous Furry Freek brothers, Toulouse Latrec, The Buzzcocks, The Clash, James Ellroy, Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, Joni Mitchell, John Martyn, Upstairs Downstairs, 24, Jeanie C Riley, Doowop, John Coltrane, Behan, Marvin Gaye, Ivan Lendl, Metro Goldwyn Mayer and hope.
[/quote]

I love your Mum too. Is that ok?
[/quote]

Ha sure.

Wow.

How did I miss this thread ?

Very touching and heart-felt all of your sharing.

And it changes a great deal of my perception of all of yous.

I used to imagine all of you as scrawny twats like bunch of Huck Finns in empty council flats with nothing in them except stolen laptops.

Some of you surprise me a bit too. Like Gene who I've always thought come from a well-to-do, respectable family and Sheik the complete opposite.

I'm starting to warm towrads you Sheik. You're not such a bad lad after all. In fact, you're pretty cool.

And also, this thread reminded me how sorely Ryan's missed around these parts.

Some of you silly mods should swallow your pride and offer him an invitation to come back.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=9987.msg600801#msg600801 date=1214070219]

Some of you silly mods should swallow your pride and offer him an invitation to come back.
[/quote]

Its not really about 'pride' though is it? As I think you know.

[quote author=Richey link=topic=9987.msg601990#msg601990 date=1214215789]
[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=9987.msg600801#msg600801 date=1214070219]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is about pride when you can't forgive and forget.

Y'see, a lot of ppl say they are able to forgive but yet find it difficult to forget.

Are you able to forget and wipe the slate clean again for Ryan to come back again ? I think that's the bit that some finds most difficult.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=9987.msg601995#msg601995 date=1214216296]
[quote author=Richey link=topic=9987.msg601990#msg601990 date=1214215789]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is about pride when you can't forgive and forget.

Y'see, a lot of ppl say they are able to forgive but yet find it difficult to forget.

Are you able to forget and wipe the slate clean again for Ryan to come back again ? I think that's the bit that some finds most difficult.
[/quote]

Me personally? I have no problem with Ryan, I never had, I always enjoyed his posts and think him being back on here would have its positives.

However I know others have stronger feelings on the matter. Its not a case of the mods refusing to swallow their pride or being stubborn in any way. Its more of a case of the mods having to do what is best for everyone.

[quote author=leftpeg link=topic=9987.msg602107#msg602107 date=1214226652]
Roger doesn't have all of the facts at his disposal but that's never bothered him before.
[/quote]

That's a charitable view there Lefty.

Roger was on the site back then I imagine. He just wasn't called Roger.

[quote author=Richey link=topic=9987.msg602144#msg602144 date=1214229151]
[quote author=leftpeg link=topic=9987.msg602107#msg602107 date=1214226652]
Roger doesn't have all of the facts at his disposal but that's never bothered him before.
[/quote]

That's a charitable view there Lefty.

Roger was on the site back then I imagine. He just wasn't called Roger.
[/quote]

I 100% GUARANTEE that if Ryan was still amod on this site Roger would have been banned a loooooooong time ago. But he's far too thick to realise that.

Oi fcukmuppet...if Ryan was here, my posting style would be entirely different.

And look who's talking eh ? One of the idiots who was responsible in banning Ryan. Talk about irony.

What? What the fuck are you talking about?
I consider Ryan a friend, i chat to him on e-mail and facebook, so yet again you are totally out of your fuckin depth.
Why dont you do us all a favour and get fucked, instead of just threatening too.
Go on lad, theres a good spacker!

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=9987.msg603008#msg603008 date=1214325449]
[/quote]

Is that a promise?

And why, anyway?

My dad used to be a managing director of Diageo, he ran the Guiness sector, and my mum runs a chain of serviced office space in the south

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=9987.msg603008#msg603008 date=1214325449]

And look who's talking eh ? One of the idiots who was responsible in banning Ryan. Talk about irony.

[/quote]

Ryan has asked that i convey a message to you, and it is with glee that i do this...

"Tell Roger i think he's a cunt"

That is all.

Dad drives cab.

Mum has Masters in Arts and Masters in Political Science.

No fucking idea why she never used her degree.

No fucking idea. :eek:

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=9987.msg650096#msg650096 date=1219101304]
The bigger question is why did she marry a cab driver ??
[/quote]

You are a fucking nugget you.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=9987.msg650604#msg650604 date=1219153082]
No shit. I never thought of that.

::)
[/quote]

Then why are you asking utterly stupid questions like why she married a cab-driver?

Are you really this odious?

Then again...that question is more stupid.

I fucking despise roger. And that fucking cunt Ardja.

I think I might hate them so much, I want harm to come to them.

'Get a life'

I didn't think anyone used that phrase anymore.

Oh, wait. I forgot where you're from.

Carry on, dude!

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=9987.msg667921#msg667921 date=1220620188]
'Get a life'

I didn't think anyone used that phrase anymore.

Oh, wait. I forgot where you're from.

Carry on, dude!
[/quote]
What about "puhlease"?

Back
Top Bottom