• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s basically Salah mark two in the making, strong, fast, and a goal scorer. If theres anything he lacks its the close skill and finesse of Mane and Firmino, but Salah lacks that too. (lacks is a strong word, as all four are fantastic)

I think it's pretty obvious what'll happen, Werner joins, he further models his game off Salah, providing us more options in the front three, before inevitably Salah gets his big money global superstar move to Madrid, and Timo steps into his shoes.

Alright. This explanation pans out. I'm sold. Let's do it.

He'll score shit loads. His finishing is on a different level to what we have.

Guaranteed hit this lad.

I'm not saying he'll not be good, but I think it's wrong to say he's on a different level of finishing to what we have.

I'm not saying he'll not be good, but I think it's wrong to say he's on a different level of finishing to what we have.
That's fair. It always bothers me with these videos that they only ever show the goals and never the misses. Everyone can have a good highlight reel, but its the misses and fuck ups alongside them that show if he's really the real deal.

Although Salahs fuck up reel would be spectacular.

He'll score shit loads. His finishing is on a different level to what we have.

Guaranteed hit this lad.

Is that based on stats (xg, shots on goal etc) or on YouTube? Because a Salah compilation would be more impressive than Werner’s and he’d look a 10/10 finisher.

That's fair. It always bothers me with these videos that they only ever show the goals and never the misses. Everyone can have a good highlight reel, but its the misses and fuck ups alongside them that show if he's really the real deal.

Although Salahs fuck up reel would be spectacular.

So would pretty much any forward to be honest. I mean Firmino missed an open goal form 4 yards out last weekend and Mané regularly has games where he misses stacks of presentable chances. Biggest flaw in our current front three is how many sitters they miss.

So would pretty much any forward to be honest. I mean Firmino missed an open goal form 4 yards out last weekend and Mané regularly has games where he misses stacks of presentable chances. Biggest flaw in our current front three is how many sitters they miss.
I think it’s pretty normal though. There are better finishers, but I’d say our forwards’ finishing is average or above. Finding players that are better finishers AND better overall players than those three is pretty damned hard I imagine.

I have to say I am not comfortable having somebody with less than 500 posts providing percentages. I think that is a job for somebody a lot more experienced.
Look, @Khalido may not be the most prolific poster, but he has been here over a decade, and has more than earned his right to post a percentage. Indeed, all the more so in that his posts are rare and precious rather than sprayed around like a mad cat's piss.

I'll probably get murdered by the Salah lovers, but replace Salah with him and we are a better team.

He's like a Salah that has better hold up play and a final pass

I'll probably get murdered by the Salah lovers, but replace Salah with him and we are a better team.

If Werner had a better final pass, he'd have more assists than Salah

Reader, he doesn't.

Is that based on stats (xg, shots on goal etc) or on YouTube? Because a Salah compilation would be more impressive than Werner’s and he’d look a 10/10 finisher.
He's been more clinical than any of front three this year in terms of shots taken to goals scored.

In terms of goals & assists there has never been a more prolific (per game ratio obv) forward in the English top flight than Salah.

So yeah, it's not exactly a logical conclusion that a player who is doing really well in Germany will improve us if he replaces him.

That's not to say we couldn't mould him into a replacement of sorts, or even change our style to mitigate the loss of Salah (I think we'll definitely evolve again this summer in terms of style & that will involve new players or more starts for players who haven't featured as much), but that statement you made is a bit mad like.

In terms of goals & assists there has never been a more prolific (per game ratio obv) forward in the English top flight than Salah.

So yeah, it's not exactly a logical conclusion that a player who is doing really well in Germany will improve us if he replaces him.

That's not to say we couldn't mould him into a replacement of sorts, or even change our style to mitigate the loss of Salah (I think we'll definitely evolve again this summer in terms of style & that will involve new players or more starts for players who haven't featured as much), but that statement you made is a bit mad like.

It's utterly INCREDIBLE just how many people underestimate how good Salah is, or how hard it will be to replace him.

I mean, I am genuinely fucking amazed.

89 goals in just 139 games so far. I mean for fuck's sake, who is going to come in and do better than that?

It's utterly INCREDIBLE just how many people underestimate how good Salah is, or how hard it will be to replace him.

89 goals in just 139 games so far. I mean for fuck's sake, who is going to come in and do better than that?

Genuinely baffles me how blasé people are regarding Salah, he is putting up incredible numbers.

Werner

His stats are one thing, but the threat he offers and the fact that he usually takes up a couple of defenders alone adds to his value. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against. I get the whole argument about him being greedy etc, but at the same time, his presence in the final third alone usually makes it easier for others up front as defenders are always covering Salah.

Look, @Khalido may not be the most prolific poster, but he has been here over a decade, and has more than earned his right to post a percentage. Indeed, all the more so in that his posts are rare and precious rather than sprayed around like a mad cat's piss.

Like someone with 35,000+ posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom