• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of goals & assists there has never been a more prolific (per game ratio obv) forward in the English top flight than Salah.

So yeah, it's not exactly a logical conclusion that a player who is doing really well in Germany will improve us if he replaces him.

That's not to say we couldn't mould him into a replacement of sorts, or even change our style to mitigate the loss of Salah (I think we'll definitely evolve again this summer in terms of style & that will involve new players or more starts for players who haven't featured as much), but that statement you made is a bit mad like.

I get all that and that’s why I assumed I’d be a murder victim.

I love Salah. And I mean leeerrrvvv. I was one of his biggest advocates before we signed him, when everyone was doubting him. I think my words were smothering like “I cant believe people aren’t more excited by this guy. He will score goals”.

I don’t have the stats, but imagine how many more he’d have with that better hold up play or final ball.

My point is, imagine we had someone who could link up play better in the final 3rd or finish the chances he hasn’t or held up the ball better where he couldn’t.

IF anyone, then Werner seems the type.

I love Salah. And I mean leeerrrvvv. I was one of his biggest advocates before we signed him, when everyone was doubting him. I think my words were smothering like “I cant believe people aren’t more excited by this guy. He will score goals”.

I don’t have the stats, but imagine how many more he’d have with that better hold up play or final ball.

My point is, imagine we had someone who could link up play better in the final 3rd or finish the chances he hasn’t or held up the ball better where he couldn’t.

The question is how many other players could have been in the same position to miss those chances? How many players could have occupied multiple defenders all on his own so others could find space? How many players could have made sprints behind defenders almost every single time we regain possession without dying from exhaustion?

Most supporters are guilty of looking at the negatives in players they watch week in week out while only looking at the positives in players in other sides that they barely watch. I think we’re guilty of that when it comes to Salah and looking at alternatives.
The guy is a superstar.

The question is how many other players could have been in the same position to miss those chances? How many players could have occupied multiple defenders all on his own so others could find space? How many players could have made sprints behind defenders almost every single time we regain possession without dying from exhaustion?

Most supporters are guilty of looking at the negatives in players they watch week in week out while only looking at the positives in players in other sides that they barely watch. I think we’re guilty of that when it comes to Salah and looking at alternatives.
The guy is a superstar.

No doubt. Werner is in no way a replacement for Salah. He can occupy the LW, but it's really not his strength. Werner needs to be through the middle and in the box. It would allow Klopp to play a 4-2-3-1 against sides parking the bus with Bobby back to 10. It could be downright frightening.

Last edited:
How in fucks name are we going to fit M’Bappe, Werner, Sanchez, Havertz, Mane, Salah & Firmino in the same team I’ll never know.

Messi’s not even going to make it onto the bench. He’ll be struggling alongside Illori to get a game for the reserves!!!!
Rotation .... I'm sure some of them can play LB or RB.

A german paper is reporting the release clause for Werner is actually €30m rising to €60m based on performance related add ons automatically.

Probably bullshit, but worthy of mentioning.

A german paper is reporting the release clause for Werner is actually €30m rising to €60m based on performance related add ons automatically.

Probably bullshit, but worthy of mentioning.
For a clubs (ie red bull) who's primary goal is to develop youth and sell them on at a profit, they do an half put some shit release clauses in their contracts.

I've watched a fair bit of Leipzig lately as Bundesliga coverage is included on the premium channel. Mostly just have on in the background so not paying super attention, but Werner does remind me of Salah a fair bit in terms of styles or characteristics.

Rapid. Eager to make runs. Scores on volume of chances but often misses opportunities. Persistent. Always a threat.

ahem....

you were certainly not alone in being excited Salah was signing...

He's coming on a bit strong like.
We can't have it both ways.. last week Melissa Reddy was banging on about 'Liverpool have concerns about whether Werner would be happy to be a squad player to start off with'

This week Werner publically declares he is ready to join us, and he knows he needs to improve to be an automatic starter.

I read into it that he's just putting those concerns to bed, and if we want him.. we can get him.

I could be wrong.

[article] [ /article]

Really whoring himself at this point.[/article]

I know it's about him coming to us and all that, but can you imagine what we'd be saying if it was one of our players saying this about going to madrid. Not a fan of it, should keep his gob shut if a move is on.

I know it's about him coming to us and all that, but can you imagine what we'd be saying if it was one of our players saying this about going to madrid. Not a fan of it, should keep his gob shut if a move is on.

Oh totally. Not defending that aspect of it. Although Virgil and Mane both agitated in advance of moves to us and I dont regret their signings, it is not something I like to see.

Strictly in terms of watching him play though, I can see elements of Salah.

Aren't Leipzig super unpopular in Germany? Not that it's much of an excuse but I doubt he holds the club close to his heart.

Aren't Leipzig super unpopular in Germany? Not that it's much of an excuse but I doubt he holds the club close to his heart.

Yes. Unless you're a Leipzig fan, you hate them. They have recently come up from lower divisions with infusions of cash from Red Bull which they have smartly invested in off field personnel and infrastructure rather than big name players. They are seen as a corporate team rather than a community based one, although they have taken a progressive approach to building the club as opposed to splashing the cash.

It's part of the game for the red bull clubs, buying cheap and selling for a profit, so its expected.

https://www.sport1.de/transfermarkt/2020/02/fc-liverpool-will-timo-werner-verpflichten
[article]Liverpool have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Timo Werner with reports his release clause is significantly lower than originally claimed.

Werner has been linked with a move to the Reds and has launched a charm offensive by talking up Jurgen Klopp and his side.

It has been widely reported the in-demand striker would be available for a release clause of between £50million and £55million dependent upon the success of his current club, RB Leipzig, as long as it is triggered by the end of April.

But Sport1 have now claimed his release clause is actually worth just €30m (£25m) plus performance-based bonuses in news which will only increase levels of demand.

Numerous clubs have been linked with Werner, who scored in the Champions League against Tottenham last week and has 27 goals in 33 appearances this season.[/article]

I read that he can also play RB and DM.

If he’s “just” a CB, coming to Liverpool would be a bad move for him.

I read that he can also play RB and DM.

If he’s “just” a CB, coming to Liverpool would be a bad move for him.
No way he's getting ahead of Van Dijk and Gomez. Then again, anybody looks good beside Big Virge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom