• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he always looks like that.
B6F29cB.gif

I was reading on redcafe some utd fans going into meltdown that we're in for havertz also/instead. They've got some german team fans on there too, and apparently it's more in the press in germany that we're more in for Havertz, and the Werner/Sancho links are a bit more dubious. Happy with any of those 3 though, and they'd all add something exceptional to our squad if we got one. If we could get 2 that'd be amazing, but I can't see it as it'd be 200mill+

Gonna keep schtumm on Werner. I've seen only clips of him and TBH haven't been hugely impressed with those, but many of you lot seem to rate him highly.

Christian Falk now saying he prefers a move to us over Munich.

Hopefully we can get this wrapped up sooner rather than later if our interest is genuine.

Salah-Firmino-Mane-Werner have the potential to be a new fab four.

Werner;
Havertz; or
Sancho?

A few years ago, this would be the stuff of gold club / twitter fantasy /itk bollocks. But it's starting to feel real....

In terms of priority, thanks to the AFCON, Werner makes more sense than Sancho or Harvertz.

We'll desperately need a goalscorer to tide over the absence of Salah and Mane.

It's on like fucking Donkey Kong..

His current manager (and Klopp Heir Apparent if you believe the press) has issued a 11th hour public "Don't go to Liverpool" plea. Actually named us, no one else.

Julien Nagelsmann has insisted that Timo Werner would be better served by staying at RB Leipzig rather than joining Liverpool in the summer.

Liverpool are in pole position to sign the German striker at the end of the season and his €60m release clause makes it easier for the Reds to take him to Anfield in the summer

Jurgen Klopp is a firm fan of Werner and the striker has admitted he views the Reds as the best team in world football.

But Nagelsmann warned Werner that he would not enjoy the same status at Liverpool as he does at Leipzig, at least in the first few seasons

He indicated that the Reds would not defend Werner as vociferously as Leipzig do if he goes through a tough time at Anfield.

“It would be more difficult for Timo Werner to play at Liverpool than at Leipzig”, Nagelsmann told German magazine Sport Bild when asked about the rumours.

“He will not get the status he has here in the first few years and I tell him that too"

“The boys are seeing how we are developing and how much potential we have. We don’t leave anyone, who helps us, defenceless.”

Liverpool have until the end of April if they want to trigger the release clause in Werner’s contract.

Gonna keep schtumm on Werner. I've seen only clips of him and TBH haven't been hugely impressed with those, but many of you lot seem to rate him highly.
You could eften say the same about any of our front three though ... until they conjure up some magic. Werner seems to like that as far as goal-scoring goes.

Klopps's comments about him were quite cryptic too.

I reckon this could happen before summer.

Klopps's comments about him were quite cryptic too.

I reckon this could happen before summer.
It needs to happen before the summer for a couple of reasons

Clause expires 30th April
Werner has stated he wants to concentrate on Germany for Euro 2020 (probably why the clause was inserted to expire on 30th April in the first place)

In terms of priority, thanks to the AFCON, Werner makes more sense than Sancho or Harvertz.

We'll desperately need a goalscorer to tide over the absence of Salah and Mane.

He’s basically Salah mark two in the making, strong, fast, and a goal scorer. If theres anything he lacks its the close skill and finesse of Mane and Firmino, but Salah lacks that too. (lacks is a strong word, as all four are fantastic)

I think it's pretty obvious what'll happen, Werner joins, he further models his game off Salah, providing us more options in the front three, before inevitably Salah gets his big money global superstar move to Madrid, and Timo steps into his shoes.

I have to say I am not comfortable having somebody with less than 500 posts providing percentages. I think that is a job for somebody a lot more experienced.

This is the sort of harsh but fair schooling that 6cm provides at no cost.

We simply do not accept any old arbitrary percentage estimates of potential signings actually happening, you have to EARN the right to pluck a number between 0 and 100 out of the air based on fuck all.

And anyway, only Skully's count. As is the law.

72%

This is the sort of harsh but fair schooling that 6cm provides at no cost.

We simply do not accept any old arbitrary percentage estimates of potential signings actually happening, you have to EARN the right to pluck a number between 0 and 100 out of the air based on fuck all.

And anyway, only Skully's count. As is the law.

72%
Let’s go with our points total and say 76%

Last edited:
OK, happy with that, but we do need to factor in Skully's 100% prediction.

We can catch up on this at a later date, and loop in Skully. I have a Google Doc ready to share on Dropbox, and will reach out to Skully for a Hangout asap
Reach out.. did you really just say that? What happened to you?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom