• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome back Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs play much better without kane, so let's hope he's fine.

Not when Jose starts playing with a back 9 lumping the ball up the field to Dele Ali to try to fall over in the box - who’ll be so isolated he’ll be using LinkedIn to remind himself who his teammates are.

The happy, humble Mourinho shtick didn't last long, did it? Imagine Klopp saying something like this about Shaq or Lallana.
To be perfectly fair and DB-like, he did say something similar, though probably not in such caustic language, about Sturridge

To be perfectly fair and DB-like, he did say something similar, though probably not in such caustic language, about Sturridge

But not on the third day already. On third day Klopp created dry land, plants with seeds, trees with fruit etc. Injury problems came later.

Good to see Maureen looking a bit of a wreck already. Hopefully full meltdown by April

Anyone going to this? I'm trying to get spurs supporting 'mates' to keep monitoring their ticket exchange for a spare.

Anyone going to this? I'm trying to get spurs supporting 'mates' to keep monitoring their ticket exchange for a spare.
My godmothers partner is a Spurs fan, and I was chatting to her at Christmas. She said she had been to a match at the new stadium a few weeks earlier. When I asked he how hard it was to get tickets, she said "really hard - I had to become a member first, before I was allowed to buy one" ... that was it!!!

The whopping cunt has been found out as a manager.

He’s just a thin Portuguese Sam Allardyce.

I reckon he won’t make it till the end of next season - and Spurs will lose one or both of Kane & Deli Ali in the process.

Come on dreamy. You’re a José fanboy.

He was a sublime manager but he’s lost it. He was shocking at Utd time and time again in the press.

But the fact I have praised his achievements highly on here and 99% of posters hate him I thought it was a funny title.

He was a sublime manager but he’s lost it. He was shocking at Utd time and time again in the press.

But the fact I have praised his achievements highly on here and 99% of posters hate him I thought it was a funny title.

Humour isn’t your strong point.

Along with maths, English, history, physics, human interaction, reality.... and living quietly in a wardrobe.

[article]
'This ball is a beach ball - I don't think it helps the players': Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho makes bizarre claim about the £115 Mitre FA Cup ball being 'too light' after his stars scraped a draw at Middlesbrough

By Sam Mcevoy For Mailonline
Published: 08:19 GMT, 6 January 2020 | Updated: 10:20 GMT, 6 January 2020

Jose Mourinho has claimed the ball used in Tottenham's 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough was like a 'beach ball' but insisted that wasn't the reason why his team didn't go on to win.

Spurs had to come from behind to secure a third-round replay in the FA Cup after Lucas Moura's header cancelled out Ashley Fletcher's opener at the Riverside on Sunday.

Speaking after the game, Mourinho made the bizarre gripe about the match ball, which saw his Spurs side struggle to maintain possession and assert any dominance over their Championship opponents.
23043064-7855985-image-a-35_1578298366372.jpg

Jose Mourinho has made the unusual claim that the ball used in the FA Cup was 'too light'

23043114-7855985-image-a-36_1578298484816.jpg

The Tottenham boss compared the ball used in the draw with Middlesbrough to a 'beach ball'

'I think this ball is [a] beach ball. It's too light. I don't think it helps the players. But that's not an excuse,' he told BT Sport.

The £115 Mitre match ball is used in all FA Cup fixtures this season and has been designed to 'manipulate airflow for pin-point accuracy and superior speed'.

Named the 'Delta Max', the ball has been engineered with 'Hyperseam technology' for almost zero water uptake', which reportedly performs in any weather conditions.

While Mourinho feels the technology used to create the ball went against his side, he also hit out at the fact that VAR wasn't in use at the Riverside either.
23048492-7855985-image-m-7_1578304512617.jpg

The £115 Mitre match ball is being used in all FA Cup fixtures this season

MITRE 'DELTA MAX' FA CUP MATCH BALL

Mitre have designed the match ball which is used in all FA Cup fixtures this season

An official version of the ball will set punters back £115 while a replica version costs £12

The ball has 14 panels and has an embossed, textured surface which helps 'manipulate airflow for pin-point accuracy and superior speed'

It has also been engineered with 'Hyperseam technology' for almost zero water uptake – allowing the ball to last in all weather conditions​

Mourinho claimed Fletcher's goal for the hosts would have been chalked off if VAR was in use.

'Yeah because the Middlesbrough goal is offside. VAR would give [the offside decision],' Mourinho added. 'The referee was not some guy in an office 200 miles away.'

Mourinho's latest outburst comes less than a week after he branded Southampton's goalkeeping coach Andrew Sparks 'an idiot' following Spurs' 1-0 defeat on New Year's Day.

During the game, Mourinho was booked by Mike Dean for entering the opposite technical area, something the 56-year-old described as 'fair'.

After the game, Mourinho said: 'I think the yellow card is fair because I was rude, but I was rude to an idiot.'
23043076-7855985-Mourinho_also_believes_Ashley_Fletcher_s_opener_would_have_been_-a-1_1578303015654.jpg

Mourinho also believes Ashley Fletcher's opener would have been disallowed if VAR was in use

23043072-7855985-image-a-38_1578298503199.jpg

Lucas Moura scored with his head to rescue a third-round replay for Spurs later this month

Five days later against Boro, it was the same story for the majority of the game.

Tottenham lacked a cutting edge when going forward – just like at St Mary's – and will be without talisman Harry Kane after he picked up a hamstring injury in the New Year's Day defeat and is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Mourinho deployed Son Heung-min and Moura up top to plug the hole left by Kane, with the Brazilian grabbing the equaliser in the second half.

Spurs looked disjointed up top leading up to Middlesbrough's goal, which prompted Mourinho to bring on Giovanni Lo Celso and Erik Lamela to add a different dimension in attack.

The double change on the 56th minute went on to pay off for the visitors who scored five minutes later.

'When we were losing 1-0 without strikers or the power to play inside their defensive line with lots of bodies and great soul, at that moment I had the feeling of "we are in trouble",' he told BBC Sport. 'But then everyone reacted. I reacted. The boys reacted.
23043210-7855985-image-a-39_1578298552344.jpg

Mourinho praised the impact of Giovanni Lo Celso (right) and Erik Lamela (not pictured)

'Giovani Lo Celso and Erik Lamela helped us a lot. If one team has to win, it has to be us because we had so many chances. We missed easy last balls.

'We knew the way they play, long balls to the strikers. Because we have no striker I wanted to give Son and Lucas the chance to play together as a more dynamic double striker pair – different to Harry Kane.

'But Lamela and Lo Celso gave us more ball. We played well very in the last 20 minutes, we were just missing a second goal.'

Spurs will now host Jonathan Woodgate's Middlesbrough side at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in a replay on January 14.​
[/article]

for those who doesn't bother to read the article.
  1. the ball is too light. it is for beach football.
  2. if there is VAR in action, tottenham win because boro goal was offside
  3. mike dean's yellow card against him (vs soton) was fair but dean is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom