• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Weekend Football Bet

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Aberdeen to beat Celtic ( Draw no bet ) at 3/1 is decent value.

Im also going to do

Coventry 11/10
David Villa to score anytime ( evs )
L.Messi to score anytime ( 4/5 )
Middlesborough ( 8/15 )

[quote author=Niall K link=topic=37606.msg1053911#msg1053911 date=1265967448]
I think Aberdeen to beat Celtic ( Draw no bet ) at 3/1 is decent value.

Can't see Aberdeen winning this one Niall. Celtic have a good record at Pittodrie and there's been talk of Mark McGhee resting a few ahead of a Scottish Cup replay in Midweek. If anything I'd go with both teams to score.

If anyones looking for some inspiration for their coupon today here's the tips from all the papers this morning; http://selectabet.net/2010/02/12/saturdays-football-tips-13th-february/

I fancy a cheeky treble;

Carlisle - MK Dons have quite a few injury probs I think
Peterhead - Likewise, Brechin had a midweek game postponed due to an injury crisis
Coventry - QPR seem in a fair slump at the moment

[quote author=amber cabs link=topic=37606.msg1053973#msg1053973 date=1265975811]
Reckon Pompey worth a bet at 13/8 to beat Southampton if they put out a strong team
[/quote]

Won a few quid on that and thrown some of my winnings on Brum away to Derby

[quote author=Piedro link=topic=37606.msg1054581#msg1054581 date=1266164530]
2/3 aint bad Amber!

Hope villa turn it round for ya though.
[/quote]

Cheers, happy with 2/3....lost a bit of winnings on a stupid horse too though....if only I could resist them!!!

Watched Boltons last 3 games and fancy them away to Wigan on Wednesday night, 23/10 with Powers seems fair to me, will be tight game though, not many goals I reckon

As Selectabet spotted, MK Dons had a lot of injuries and sold their best player (Puncheon) recently so I layed them for a handsome profit on Saturday. I was in the pub from 12pm for the Aberdeen v Celtic game followed by the rugby so wasn't able to add this to my martingale selection which is a pity as my next bet is win-or-bust.

Lots of midweek matches to whet the appetite.

Tonight I will be laying Bury if Stephen Dawson fails his fitness test. He picked up a bad knock last week and as he is their captain and best player (central midfield) it will affect them quite badly - he could easily play at Championship level. 3/1 Shrews is a good price although I'll stick with laying Bury at Evens.

I will also look at laying Millwall at Wycombe tomorrow depending on the team Wycombe put out. The team below is what they played last week but if they start this week with Ainsworth, payne and Montrose (or at least 2 of them) in the starting 11 then they will begin to look more cohesive. Millwall are decent but their midfield is a bit like ours in that it's not the most creative so a lay of the Millwall win at 6/5 could pay dividends.

Wycombe: Heaton ,Woodman ,Oliver ,Westwood ,Hunt ,Keates ,Betsy ,Mousinho ,McLeod ,Revell ,Harrold (Pittman ,81)
Subs not used Shearer,Ainsworth,Montrose,Phillips,Payne,Beavon,

I kinda like West Ham at home to Hull 5/6 but Bullard might be back and he makes some difference to them.
Blackburn have been very good at home of late and Evs is decent price against Bolton but I wont be backing them cause I just fancy Bolton to get a win sooner rather than later.
We're definitely a bet at 2/1 too. Probably only bet I'l be having I'd say.

[quote author=amber cabs link=topic=37606.msg1056587#msg1056587 date=1266579140]
I kinda like West Ham at home to Hull 5/6 but Bullard might be back and he makes some difference to them.
Blackburn have been very good at home of late and Evs is decent price against Bolton but I wont be backing them cause I just fancy Bolton to get a win sooner rather than later.
[/quote]

Amberlamps, I doubt Bullard will play and at most maybe a 10 minute sub appearance. Brown suggested as much yesterday in his interview and pretty much ruled out a starting role.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=37606.msg1056589#msg1056589 date=1266580289]
[quote author=amber cabs link=topic=37606.msg1056587#msg1056587 date=1266579140]
[/quote]

Amberlamps, I doubt Bullard will play and at most maybe a 10 minute sub appearance. Brown suggested as much yesterday in his interview and pretty much ruled out a starting role.
[/quote]

Ah cheers, good stuff, I just saw a headline and never actually read the article! Usually wait til I see the teams before I have a bet anyway

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=37606.msg1056586#msg1056586 date=1266579072]
Tonight I will be laying Bury if Stephen Dawson fails his fitness test. He picked up a bad knock last week and as he is their captain and best player (central midfield) it will affect them quite badly - he could easily play at Championship level. 3/1 Shrews is a good price although I'll stick with laying Bury at Evens.

I will also look at laying Millwall at Wycombe tomorrow depending on the team Wycombe put out. The team below is what they played last week but if they start this week with Ainsworth, payne and Montrose (or at least 2 of them) in the starting 11 then they will begin to look more cohesive. Millwall are decent but their midfield is a bit like ours in that it's not the most creative so a lay of the Millwall win at 6/5 could pay dividends.

Wycombe: Heaton ,Woodman ,Oliver ,Westwood ,Hunt ,Keates ,Betsy ,Mousinho ,McLeod ,Revell ,Harrold (Pittman ,81)
Subs not used Shearer,Ainsworth,Montrose,Phillips,Payne,Beavon,

[/quote]

I'll also probably lay norwich winning at home to Southampton as long as Puncheon, Barnard and Lambert all start for Saints. This could be my martingale bet this week.

Unfortunately Dawson has passed his fitness test. I'll still lay Bury because these are 2 evenly matched teams and the pitch is awful so Bury should be a bigger price, however my bet will be a lot smaller than if Dawson didn't play.

Tonight I have two singles, Valencia @ 1.62 on BF and Go Ahead Eagles (Dutch) at 1.92, also on BF.
I came out of the weekend unscathed despite some iffy horse results.

I had my most profitable weekend of the season. I was very confident of Southampton getting a result at Norwich especially after I saw their line-ups and similarly when I found out the useless CB for Wycombe Luke Oliver wasn't playing I layed Millwall quite heavily. Also layed Lincoln away to Grimsby and at the last minute layed Palace at home to Coventry.

The only bet I got wrong was my smallest bet which was a Lay of Bury on Friday.

Lots of games tomorrow but nothing leaps out at me as yet.

[quote author=vantage link=topic=37606.msg1057826#msg1057826 date=1266831064]
Tonight I have two singles, Valencia @ 1.62 on BF and Go Ahead Eagles (Dutch) at 1.92, also on BF.
I came out of the weekend unscathed despite some iffy horse results.

[/quote]
2/2 and put the winnings on Estudiantes (v Hurracan) later tonight.

Good going Van 3/3.

I am considering doing something daft tonight and betting against the Scum beating the Hammers.

Reason 1 - The price is very good, Man Utd are 1/5 to win which IMO is not an accurate reflection of their chances and I would have had them at 2/7.

Reason 2 - There is an outside chance that one or two players might be distracted by the League Cup final on Sunday. I know United have won so much over the years and this is a "small" final that they'll take in their stride but maybe a few of the new or peripheral players like Valencia and Fabio might be distracted.

Reason 3 - Rooney looked tired against Everton and has played nearly every game this season and twice a week recently. Maybe he is beginning to feel the pace (or maybe the Everton game was a one-off poor game).

Reason 4 - West Ham have finally got most of their players back and most importantly Carlton Cole. Their win against Hull gives them a bit of momentum.

I expect United to win but the value is in laying them and I probably will but will wait until I see the confirmed team news first.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37606.msg1058894#msg1058894 date=1266966979]
How'd that work out for you then Pesam?
[/quote]

Not too bad actually because I layed them at 1.22 but the price changed to 1.24 before kick off so I sold most of my liability and was left with a £5 loss on United or a £47 profit on draw or West Ham which was worth the risk.

I'll always take on these long shots because long term you can't make a profit backing short priced favourites, this one didn't win but plenty of others will.

Weird night last night because it's very unusual for there to be so many lower league matches and for me not to spot what I consider a value bet.

The only one I looked at was laying Gillingham winning at home to orient which I didn't do in the end but it came up.

Edit: And I certainly got it wrong about Valencia maybe being distracted by the League Cup final, I heard he was MOM.

Backed Inter and Stoke lst night but had stoke for 90mins only unfortunately. Traded off a bit off my profit on Inter at when cambiasso scored too but still made a 60bob profit so cant complain.
Must have a look at all tonights fixtures and prices but I'd say I'l leave it tonight

I'm all over Southampton to beat Walsall at the weekend and have backed them heavily at 1.69 on Betfair IMO they should be (and will probably be) 1.50-1.54 by kick off. If they get down to that price I might lay some of my money off to lessen my liability but I won't take a full profit because I fully expect Saints to prevail*.

* Providing the names Lambert, Puncheon, Hammond, Fonte, Lallana and Barnard all start the game. These are Southampton's best players and all should start.

I got Norwich and Leeds the other night. Only Colchester being postponed stopped me having another 3/3. 2/2 was my consolation.

Right gotta click one of these sooner or later

Birmingham (10/11)
Middlesborough (4/6)
Southampton (8/13)
Hibs (10/11)

Think arsenal will actually step up and beat stoke tomorrow though at 3/4 I will struggle to bring myself to back them

I think Stoke look a decent bet at 17/4. I don't think they've lost this year yet and Arsenal struggle against more physical teams. At those odds they've gotta be worth a look.

Villa could be worth a wee punt tomorrow too. ONeill has a good record in this competition and I think it'll mean more to him than Fergie to win it and 7/2 on a two horse race isn't bad.

Also fancy Sunderland to beat Fulham tomorrow. 6/5ish looks decent.

Anyways, I've posted the tips from the papers this morning over here; http://selectabet.net/2010/02/27/saturdays-football-coupon-tips-27th-february/

Good luck everyone!

For Saturday:
€10 Leverkusen v Koln @ 1.38 BF
€10 AEK v Ergotelis @ 1.44 BF
€5 Lay (Brum v) Wigan @ 4.7 BF (€18.5 Liability)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom