• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend’s other games 9-11 February

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't drop points as easily to bigger teams because bigger teams try to play them, and recently, they've struggled against teams who just let them pass 1,000,000 times in hope they can hit them on the break and fluke a win. I was hoping Chelsea would just play the 'Mourinho' way - but City have twated them ... And this was a game they had to have to keep the pressure on Manure in 4th (what a turnaround under the ex-Red loving baby face).

Oh well ...

Okay, so it's against all the shite in the league that will do us a favour? Right...

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

Okay, so it's against all the shite in the league that will do us a favour? Right...

Don't! Especially as you expect us to finish 2nd-4th ...

Jorginho - I wonder how he'd have turned out at City? He seems like a bust with Chelsea, bar a nice opening month.

Hazard - that guy has either quit, or is waiting for the next manager. Player power at its very best/worst (depending on how you see it).

Yeah, they've dropped points to Newcastle, Leicester, Palace, Wolves, Chelsea and us. I suspect they will drop points against someone shite again before the season is over.

The thing is at Chelsea the players know that if they down tools because they don't like the manager, he'll get the sack. Abrahamovic needs to sell a few of the rotten apples and support the guy he thought was good enough to be appointed manager last summer.

Not bothered reading most of the thread, I’ll just make a point here. I love our squad/team and we’ve done BRILLIANTLY this year, but we won’t win the league. We’re up against the most expensive squad in history, with experience, depth and the manager who just wins.

Momentum and confidence are great things, technically we’re ahead on points, and if we do win every game, we’ll win the league, I don’t think it’s likely, whereas City have the depth and experience to churn out the results. Everyone had their eye on this Chelsea game as to where they could drop points, they probably knew that too, in my heart of hearts, I thought just maybe they might let us in again, and we could do it, they then went and smashed them 6-0.

We will rue those 2 draws, yes, it was only 2 draws but we’re up against one of the best teams this league has ever seen, I think I remember reading in any season of the past 5 at this stage, with our level of points we’d have enough to be at LEAST 9 clear, and this season we’re not even top. It’s THAT level of consistency we all knew we’d need to win the league and we let it slip, winners take opportunities and make the opposition pay, we didn’t, we gave them confidence.

If by some miracle we win the next 12 and win the league, in my opinion it’ll be the best title any team has ever won, and even better than City’s QPR, but I can’t see it happening.

For all those who thinks I’m being defeatist, I’m not, I’m just realistic, and I pray every day hoping I’m wrong.

So this all powerful juggernaut of a club in Man City only has the same number of points as us despite playing a game more. And it’s our fans who are throwing in the towel?

So this all powerful juggernaut of a club in Man City only has the same number of points as us despite playing a game more. And it’s our fans who are throwing in the towel?

2 words, momentum and confidence.

In anything psychology is so important and they’re winning in that department.

2 words, momentum and confidence.

In anything psychology is so important and they’re winning in that department.

I doubt we’re lacking in confidence. We know we can go out and beat every team we are going to face for the rest of the season.

I've thought for a while the Manc and Everton games were must win, and today's result only reinforced that. City could, I guess, suffer Newcastle-style setbacks again, but I doubt it. And well done, Chelski, you've really shown how much we can rely on other top clubs for a big performance against City - zero. So we don't need to be on top form, but we desperately need to get win after win however it happens.

I've thought for a while the Manc and Everton games were must win, and today's result only reinforced that. City could, I guess, suffer Newcastle-style setbacks again, but I doubt it. And well done, Chelski, you've really shown how much we can rely on other top clubs for a big performance against City - zero. So we don't need to be on top form, but we desperately need to get win after win however it happens.
Welcome to my world of thinking. Please excuse me all.. i am in awe of City after that.... Will come back later when I find some words to overcome the anger and anxiety i am feeling right now.

Where is the cut off? 2 games? 4? 10?

As Woland pointed out we’ve scored more over the last 10 than they have.

Also, in their last few games, they’ve beaten us, Chelsea and Arsenal at home, hammering the latter, and won away at Everton, and lost to Newcastle.

In our last few games, we’ve lost to them, drawn to Leicester at home and West Ham away and battered Bournemouth, as well as scraping past Palace and Brighton.

We’ve had the perceived easier games but dropped 4 points compared to their 3 as well as losing to them in a title “6 pointer”.

I’m not trying to push an agenda or being recently bias, I’m just calling what I’m seeing.

Where is the cut off? 2 games? 4? 10?

As Woland pointed out we’ve scored more over the last 10 than they have.

I went and looked at results since Jan.

It’s not just the results though, it’s how we’ve been playing and our injury crisis that worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom