• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend’s other games 9-11 February

Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep ignoring this, and they talk about going to Old Trafford as though we're playing Huddersfield away.

We have fucked it, unfortunately. We've had multiple chances to put them out of sight as well. We kept letting them back in and it's given them the confidence.
Thats harsh. Weve been amazing this year.
For everything we have done we still have a free transfer in midfield, a free playing at right back, an 8m left back, a free transfer CB, a 20m midfielder etc
Vs 50m players in every position including the bench for City.

Same sport, different ballpark.

For what we have resource wise we have been amazing and will keep pushing to the end.

I just dont know how to stop these

Weve only dropped 13 points. I dont really know what more could be expected.
They are just almost impossible to leave behind.
Yep. It's our second best ever top division total at this stage, only 87/88 was higher.

We've been phenomenonal this season.

As have spurs tbf. Almost any season before the last one & this & one of us spurs or Chelsea would be running away with it.

It's quite disheartening.

That's what pisses me off when people say we've bottled it. We haven't, we're having an amazing season & we've managed to keep getting points even when missing key players to stay in the race.

We just need to keep plugging away, keeping in touch with them, & hope citeh struggle when the games all pile up for them, which isn't that far away.

For everything we have done we still have a free transfer in midfield, a free playing at right back, an 8m left back, a free transfer CB, a 20m midfielder etc

For what we have resource wise we have been amazing and will keep pushing to the end.

I'm not dissing what we've done. To even be in with a shot of winning the league against City is amazing.

However, given the position we got ourselves into, the fact that we fucked up multiple chances to kill them off for good is, well, disappointing.

It's been our best chance to win it. God knows when we'll get another one.

Were up against the best squad in the PL for a long long time. It’s fucking easy to say “if we’d won all of our games we’d easily win the league” but it needs some realism. All we can do is keep the gap at 3 and hope they strumble first but we might just see that having no match winners outside of our first XI (either in attack or in defence) ultimately costs us.

What are the consequences for Sarri of finishing outside the top 4? Will he even get time to make it his team?

To me Hazard looks like he's playing for a move. He has been the best thing about them for years, impossible to replace.

Plus we were a only few centimetres away from getting a draw at City.

We've been absolutely amazing this season and if we are to win the league we just have to be for the rest of it.

What are the consequences for Sarri of finishing outside the top 4? Will he even get time to make it his team?

To me Hazard looks like he's playing for a move. He has been the best thing about them for years, impossible to replace.
Hazard has already said he's 'made up his mind about where he's playing next season' which considering he hasn't signed a new contact, won't be Chelsea.

Playing for a move? What?

Playing for a move? What?

I might be reading too much into it but despite today being a shambles he's still dribbling at every opportunity and driving at city. Its maybe cynical to say but I see that as being for how he is perceived by his possible next club rather than dragging Chelsea back into this.

Plus we were a only few centimetres away from getting a draw at City.

We've been absolutely amazing this season and if we are to win the league we just have to be for the rest of it.

1.3 centimetres to be exact.

So many drama queens in this thread.
Yep.

City lost to Leicester, Palace and Newcastle.

They're more likely to lose to the smaller teams where they are not focused and are expected to roll them over comfortably, than a game against one of the top 6 sides seemingly.

We just have to hope that being in 4 competitions takes something out of them eventually. And Pep does a rotation fuck up.

Yep.

They're more likely to lose to the smaller teams where they are not focused and are expected to roll them over comfortably, than a game against one of the top 6 sides seemingly.

We just have to hope that being in 4 competitions takes something out of them eventually. And Pep does a rotation fuck up.
A fernandinho injury or suspension would be pretty handy if we're writing a wishlist.

Yep.

I was being sarcastic.

If Chelsea play like this at Anfield, think it'll make for interesting viewing

I just think we looked at a week where they were to play Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea and we ‘hoped’ that would stretch them.
9 points
10 goals scored
1 against

Its serious stuff that.

Anyway. We will see.
Gotta beat United. Thats just depressing

I just think we looked at a week where they were to play Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea and we ‘hoped’ that would stretch them.
9 points
10 goals scored
1 against

Its serious stuff that.

Anyway. We will see.
Gotta beat United. Thats just depressing

I dunno... on paper it looks difficult but City were playing Arsenal and Chelsea at home.

We beat Arsenal 5-1 at Anfield whilst being nowhere near our best and Chelsea got thrashed at Bournemouth. Maybe if they were at home, you could fancy them to do something but away was far less likely.

Everton are just wretched currently.

A draw at United will take us top again but we could do with a big win.

Chelsea look disjointed, and grossly out of their depth

As much as I've criticised our midfield at times, theirs is truly wretched. The insistence of playing kante elsewhere, and Barkley/kovacic just aren't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom