• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend’s other games 9-11 February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the weasel-faced, small-minded ("if I'd known you were from Liverpool I wouldn't have spoken to you"), ex-LFC-supporting turncoat.

I actually hope he does get the permanent gig, because I think that could blow up in their faces and his. He'd be far from the first caretaker who'd ridden the initial euphoric wave, got a permanent contract and then bombed.

I think Klopp might make it mental.

The 4-3-3, a midfield trio told to bomb forwards constantly & the full backs on the halfway line. Pressing the line just past their penalty area & playing at a hundred miles an hour.
I'm really looking forward to this one, masochist that I am, so long as our defensive personnel are back to near normal. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hendo, Fabs and Gini start but I expect to see two of them anchoring midfield to cut out the Pogba & Matic passes to Rashford and Martial or Sanchez.

I'm really looking forward to this one, masochist that I am, so long as our defensive personnel are back to near normal. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hendo, Fabs and Gini start but I expect to see two of them anchoring midfield to cut out the Pogba & Matic passes to Rashford and Martial or Sanchez.

Yeah, makes sense. Utd have been winning by simply out attacking sides. They still vulnerable at the back, their own fans have said as much repeatedly, but I have a feeling Klopp will almost be forced into playing a 'we'll score more than you' type of game Co see haven't had a settled defence for so long now that relying on that may be a bit risky & would equally be as likely to reduce our attacking threat, which after Bournemouth (& I'd guess Munich) will be attuned to playing a very attack minded game again.

Utd against PSG will be very interesting to see how they fare against a much better attacking side than they've faced in this run. If they try to defend we'll see how effective they are, when they attack we'll see if they can break down a higher calibre of defence too.

If they batter PSG then I'll start to really worry.

Worth noting that they got dominated by Spurs but De Gea had a worldie and Spurs' shooting was largely ineffective.

Just heard on the radio that PSG have a couple of players missing & haven't been playing very well.

Maybe this evening won't be too much of a yardstick in that case.

Just heard on the radio that PSG have a couple of players missing & haven't been playing very well.

Maybe this evening won't be too much of a yardstick in that case.

Yes PSG are missing Cavani and Neymar (although personally I don't think Neymar is much of a loss).

Yep, the weasel-faced, small-minded ("if I'd known you were from Liverpool I wouldn't have spoken to you"), ex-LFC-supporting turncoat.

I actually hope he does get the permanent gig, because I think that could blow up in their faces and his. He'd be far from the first caretaker who'd ridden the initial euphoric wave, got a permanent contract and then bombed.
Not sure if this is who you refer to?
b0d8b63cbfea5d8a2f110ec5741c83ab.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Yeah, makes sense. Utd have been winning by simply out attacking sides. They still vulnerable at the back, their own fans have said as much repeatedly, but I have a feeling Klopp will almost be forced into playing a 'we'll score more than you' type of game Co see haven't had a settled defence for so long now that relying on that may be a bit risky & would equally be as likely to reduce our attacking threat, which after Bournemouth (& I'd guess Munich) will be attuned to playing a very attack minded game again.

Utd against PSG will be very interesting to see how they fare against a much better attacking side than they've faced in this run. If they try to defend we'll see how effective they are, when they attack we'll see if they can break down a higher calibre of defence too.

If they batter PSG then I'll start to really worry.
As Portly said they are missing Neymar & Cavani (and both could still be missing for the return) but no-one mentioned Muenier is also out.

This is the possible team published in MEN. There are a lot of weaknesses there; CBs playing at CM (Marquinhos), a new signing who hasn't played for them yet (Parades) and an academy graduate in Kimpembe in a key position in central defence, Verratti just coming back from injury too. I think they'll lose at OT and can see them getting knocked out. Obviously if they can burst the 'Solskaer Bubble' that would be great for a dip in their confidence before meeting us.

0_my_team_man-utd_vs_psg_190210.png

It is front page of the sport section of the "biggest" newspaper in Norway, mentioning that Solskjær has been in the job 53 days.

Yes PSG are missing Cavani and Neymar (although personally I don't think Neymar is much of a loss).
He might be an utter cunt but he's still a major loss, hasn't he, and Cavani, been responsible for an insane amount of their goals this season ? Don't know how they are going to cope without them, massive two games for MBappe to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom