• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We don't need him. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
No not Suarez..

Gerrard...

The midfield today played the best it has done all season, without Gerrard in the side..

Henderson rolled back the years playing a commanding Gerrard type performance.

Lucas sat in front of the back 4.. whilst Allen got involved with the link up play. .

Well out results have been better since 2009 without him than with him.

It's not exactly news, although people still won't believe it

Well out results have been better since 2009 without him than with him.

It's not exactly news, although people still won't believe it

Be interesting to see if anyone has some stats on this. It is true we definitely manage fine without him in the side...

@King Binny ????

His strolling puffed up ball of self-regard has been a footballing black hole all season. He gets by with a couple of good passes per match and the thickest pair of rose-tinted lenses worn by fans who remember when he had pace, drive, humility and hunger. Without him the midfield was actually a midfield and not just a guard of honour for a walking legend. After months of hypocritical claptrap about his supposed great role, we are a team again. Long may it continue.

He's been a magnificent servant to our club, and he's a legend, but, we don't 'need' him in the team to win now. And his contribution, apart from set pieces and the odd cross is now in games is minimal, and he's prone to cocking things up.

The team had everything today. ..

We even managed to play football pass the 60 minute Mark without a huff or puff in sight..
( ok Coutinho looked knackered late on)

Despite the midfield performance today, we still need to strengthen in that department come January...

He walks around like a pensioner in the park. Take him out and quote the stats that follow, speccy history lovers.

Yeah, for chrissakes, he's loyal, don't criticise him when he he's a shadow of his former self. He's LOYAL!*

*Although he was entranced by a Russian with a big boat for quite a while.

Just seen Stevie look at his phone on tv and he looked pissed off, I'm sure he read RedNinja's thread title ..

He stayed when required the most, not sure he's beyond criticism. Just don't like threads like this 2 mins after a game without him after 15 years service or whatever. It was so predictable as a thread would come. Almost like certain posters are waiting for it then straight away get on it, I guess it's the way of the modern online world.

Its because its pointless on a day like this imho. We need Stevie. He's our leader and captain. But its positive that others step up when he's injured and because he's getting older and wont play as much in the future.

Maccas comments about him is just awful imho. There is no need for it.

Can we use the same logic for Kenny in his second stint at LFC then @gkmacca? Was great once, then a 'shadow of his former self' the next? Were you telling us that we didn't need him?

No not Suarez..

Gerrard...

The midfield today played the best it has done all season, without Gerrard in the side..

Henderson rolled back the years playing a commanding Gerrard type performance.

Lucas sat in front of the back 4.. whilst Allen got involved with the link up play. .

Okay, but the two previous games he was involved in we scored 9 goals.

Can we use the same logic for Kenny in his second stint at LFC then @gkmacca? Was great once, then a 'shadow of his former self' the next? Were you telling us that we didn't need him?

I didn't notice him on the pitch. Was he? Was he strolling around the pitch? I noticed him winning a trophy. Is that the same as idiot assist stats? Is it? Come on then.

Let's get rid of granddad too, he sits around breathing valuable oxygen, also have to keep the heating on over the winter all day, so costly...

I knew it. This thread, I knew it.
It's just interesting to see if Henderson and Allen perform better when he isn't on the pitch.

The point of the thread is a fair one. But it could have been done with a bit of respect.

I love Gerrard. He's one of our all time greats. no doubt about it.

Having said that, I think our midfield today looked the best it has this season. It's not a crime saying that.

We all know that Gerrard is not the same player he used to be and we never forget his loyalty and contribution to this club for more than 15 years. It's been said before that all parties could gain if he was rested from time to time. Pity that it's due to injury, but I'm sure he will come back from his injury hungry and will contribute his massive share for the rest of the season.

As I said in the match thread, at the beginning of next season (in anticipation of him playing a lot less) I'd give Suarez the captaincy and try and add to the midfield today, who played their best games in his absence. That's not being ungrateful to his contribution, it's being realistic about what works best for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom