• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we have an old side, certainly not to the extent that City are now and Chelsea/ Utd were a couple of years ago. Id say by and large most of pur core first XI are in their peak years. But will have to start moving on some of the older players in the next season or two. Milner, Lallana and Lovren are really the only ones clearly past their best and none of them are first teamers.

In a year or two Henderson, Gini, Shaq and Firmino will likely be post prime. Midfield is clearly the biggest concern as the younger recruits (Keita, Grujic, Ox) dont seem capable of displacing the establiahed players based on what weve seen so far.

Allowing a squad to age out is very much a sign of short term management. When Utd were at their best Ferguson ruthlessly culled players who had lost a step to keep the team evolving and make sure nobody got complacent. In the last 5 years he stopped doing that persisted with his stallwarts and stuffed their squad with established expensive players that didnt have much long term value. The result is what you've seen over the last few seasons, he hollowed them out. Same is now happening at Madrid.

Its a lesson worth paying attention to, we should refresh from a position of strength over the next 2 years while slowly building up promising young players like Hoever, Kelleher, Eliot etc
Absolutely spot on. I raised the same issue a few months ago.
It's scary that the average age of our starting line up is close to 30.
Looking at our bench and reserves I see no real attacking talent at around 20-21 in our squad that can get to the level of Mane, Salah or Firmino.
It's a 12 year gap between Mane and Elliott.

Absolutely spot on. I raised the same issue a few months ago.
It's scary that the average age of our starting line up is close to 30.
Looking at our bench and reserves I see no real attacking talent at around 20-21 in our squad that can get to the level of Mane, Salah or Firmino.
It's a 12 year gap between Mane and Elliott.

Scary? Fucking grow up you bed-wetting divvy.

What would make you less scared? Some players who were worse than Mane and Salah, but younger?

And the average age of our starting line-up isn't "close to 30", it's under 27. Which is totally perfect

Scary? Fucking grow up you bed-wetting divvy.

What would make you less scared? Some players who were worse than Mane and Salah, but younger?

And the average age of our starting line-up isn't "close to 30", it's under 27. Which is totally perfect

Lazar is younger (I think). Lindegard not (I think)

As for the age of our team, who gives a fuck? If we don't win it this year we never will, and if we do then football can stop forever for all I care

Exactly. I have the same attitude. Having said that I had the same attitude in 2005 before the final. I looked up and said "Give me this and I wont ask for anything ever again". Then repeated the same message in 2007, 2018, and 2019.

And Jovanovic. Never forget about Jovanovic.

DXAoBY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom