• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vs Utd, at their dump, Sunday 15th Jan, 4pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mors

Well-Known
I know we've not got the league cup game out of the way yet, but this is the main one this week.
A quick check over at the redcafe vote has about 75% of them predicting they win, about 20% the draw, and 5% us getting a win. So they've all completely written us off after they've had a run of beating the likes of hull, reading, west ham, sunderland, boro - those sorts of large teams.
A lot of their fans think they'll smack us 3-0+ too, and without Mane we offer zero threat. Interesting.

Their expected lineup is:

Ddg
Valencia Smalling Jones Blind
Herrera Carrick Pogba
Mkh Zlatan Martial

I suspect we'll go:

Mignolet
Clyne Lovren Matip Milner
Wijnaldum Hendo Can
Lallana Origi Firmino

I don't think he'll risk Coutinho starting (although hope I'm wrong), and it was quite windy this morning when I got up so I'm expecting that wind to break Sturridge's femur before the weekend.

Surely Mourinho can't do his usual and play for a draw at home when they're on a bit of a run? Surely they've got to come out and give us a go, which really is exactly what we need in order to get space behind them.

A draw wouldn't be a disaster for either team, but it's a huge game for both of us.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if either Start.

Klopp doesn't rush players back.

I still think we'll beat them but you can understand their optimism.

On paper we shouldn't beat them Nevermind be 2nd but we are so much better than the sum of our parts.

My Prediction..

Man Utd P - P Liverpool

Their is no way this match will go ahead..

Snow is expected to fall Wednesday to Fri and even Sat night with freezing temperatures.. It will be like an ice rink in and around Old Trafford.. H&S jobsworths will be having a field day..

Klopp has shown he very very rarely starts players who have just been announced 'fit' after a lay off. They normally announce as fit, go on the bench then start after another couple of games. I'd be very surprised but pleased if Coutinho started. I guess Sturridge is an outside chance, but all those snowflakes about? Surely one will take him out and break his knee or something.

Coutinho starting? Not sure, I really hope he can hit the ground running but he's lacking match fitness. I hope he gets 30 mins against Southampton today.

Line up:

------------------Mignolet

Clyne------Matip---------Lovren-----Milner

-----Lallana------Hendo-----Wijnaldum

Firmino---------Sturridge-------Coutinho

I really hope they're all fit enough to play.

Please please please let's fuck them up.

A win at Old Toilet is the best feeling in football.

Can't believe they wouldn't start Mata against us but having watched them last night unless the ref decides to dick us over the whole game I expect us to win by 2.

United has had a strong run recently, but let's not forget that they have played 4 out of 5 last at home against not too strong opposition.

Heard they were going to vote for the goal of the season as well as offside goal of the season over there, as the numbers for each category was quite Equal!

I'd be very surprised if either Start.

Klopp doesn't rush players back.

I still think we'll beat them but you can understand their optimism.

On paper we shouldn't beat them Nevermind be 2nd but we are so much better than the sum of our parts.

He'd have been in full training for a week by Sunday, he isn't being rushed back, rushing him back would have been having him available for the City / Sunderland game.

A lot of those fucks think they'll turn us over, and tbh they are in good form coming into this, better than us over recent weeks....

I really hope we can come away with a draw at least. A win would be an absolute massive result for us and to send a message.

If anyone can do it we know Klopp can fire the boys up.... its gonna be a great game.

At least Jose wont put a 9 man defence in place at home.... right?

This will be the match that sends scum back into the doldrums they were in earlier this season. A confidence shattering 4-0 win for us, making them realise that the recent results were just window dressing and they go on a 10 match winless run.

Markmiwurdz

Man U have had a very easy schedule, last tough opponent they played were Everton and they only managed a draw.

Regards to their tactics, I fully expect them to press our press from the off. They'll be all over us giving us no time on the ball and no chance to get anything going. I dont think they'll be conditioned to do for more than 45mins though.

What if we press their press against our press?
2j6go.gif

When we faced them back in Oct, our mood are similar to their fan's current mood too wasn't it? 7 match unbeaten run in all competitions and on a 5 game winning streak.

Of course a draw will do us no good in the title race but given how tight things are between 2nd to 6th, every point is crucial too.

I'm never confident regarding such top side clashes >_< Hopefully, Klopp's good record against the top teams continue.

When we faced them back in Oct, our mood are similar to their fan's current mood too wasn't it? 7 match unbeaten run in all competitions and on a 5 game winning streak.

Of course a draw will do us no good in the title race but given how tight things are between 2nd to 6th, every point is crucial too.

I'm never confident regarding such top side clashes >_< Hopefully, Klopp's good record against the top teams continue.

A point at old Trafford would hardly be a disaster, at any time.

Right now, both teams have good players, are playing well and winning lots of games, so I share your nervousness.

Ill gladly steal a point With a huge offside goal if needed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom