• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Virgiling on the vandijkulous

Signing for city, 200k a week wages

Isnt that According to the Mirror, and Neil Moxley?
The same reporter that said that we had signed Robertson from Hull.

If, if, the Mirror are correct for once, then the fee is 60 mill. Now thats to much.

Isnt that According to the Mirror, and Neil Moxley?
The same reporter that said that we had signed Robertson from Hull.

If, if, the Mirror are correct for once, then the fee is 60 mill. Now thats to much.

Do the same kind of research with your twitter sources

Do the same kind of research with your twitter sources

Hahahaha! I wouldnt post any Twitter sources without saying "if true or its probably BS".
I'm not even on Twitter anymore, so the Twitter stuff doesnt come from me either.

Better luck next time.

The Echo sez:

Liverpool remain in the hunt to sign Virgil van Dijk – despite claims the Southampton defender has decided his future.
Reports last night stated Manchester City had won the race to sign the in-demand Holland international, beating the Reds and Chelsea to his signature by agreeing a £60million deal.
However, such suggestions are premature, with the player still at the centre of a three-way battle for his services.
Van Dijk is Liverpool's top target this summer with the club willing to smash their transfer record to sign the 25-year-old as well as make him one of their highest earners.
The Reds have been encouraged by the feedback they have been receiving from van Dijk's representatives, with Jurgen Klopp believing the Dutchman can instantly improve the Reds defence.
Last night's report claimed van Dijk had agreed a £200,000-a-week five-year deal to play for Pep Guardiola's City, just days after it was rumoured City were prepared to offer £180,000 per week.
Liverpool, though, are confident van Dijk's decision will not come down solely to money, with it believed the player has been impressed by Klopp's vision for the team.

We may be still in for him, we may not, that point doesn't matter, but £60million for a defender who has been injured with an ACL, even then wasn't the best defender in the league, is just fucking ridiculous, he's not worth the cash. That said, i'd still be happy if we signed him, as that's football.

I'd be a bit of a skeptic at 50m GBP - but at 60m and coming off a potentially career altering injury, it's madness. Look elsewhere.

Our medical and physio department aren't exactly known for conjuring magical recoveries. He'd do great at Chelsea. They use the right drugs.

We may be still in for him, we may not, that point doesn't matter, but £60million for a defender who has been injured with an ACL, even then wasn't the best defender in the league, is just fucking ridiculous, he's not worth the cash. That said, i'd still be happy if we signed him, as that's football.

ACL? He's been out with an ankle injury.

twitter says VVD has agreed to sign for us. big coup if true.

Can you post the source please.

Is it the guy who confirmed Salah's done deal yesterday and Oxlade-Chamberlain in April ?

Posting 'if true' isn't some sort of immunity from posting absolute shite

Can you post the source please.

Is it the guy who confirmed Salah's done deal yesterday and Oxlade-Chamberlain in April ?

Posting 'if true' isn't some sort of immunity from posting absolute shite

There's a whole bunch of Twitter "exclusives" from the usual crowd about him signing. Indykaila has even joined in.

Problem is, that cunt is one of the 99% who know fuck all, and they all follow eachother, so one "exclusive" is then simply repeated by loads more, and even if there is some genuine insider scoop, it's impossible to tell.

So all there is right now is volume, not veracity.

There's a whole bunch of Twitter "exclusives" from the usual crowd about him signing. Indykaila has even joined in.

Problem is, that cunt is one of the 99% who know fuck all, and they all follow eachother, so one "exclusive" is then simply repeated by loads more, and even if there is some genuine insider scoop, it's impossible to tell.

So all there is right now is volume, not veracity.

And not one of them mentioned Solanke i'll bet

Liverpool strong favourites for van Dijk

Twitter is ablaze with suggestions van Dijk has chosen Liverpool.
Inevitably, money has come in for that with bookmakers - and they have slashed his odds.
You can get 4/7 best price, but most bookies have shortened right up to 1/10 and even 1/12.
Please gamble responsibly, et cetera.

Never falling for bookies slashing odds trick ever since the closing the books on Ribery fiasco.

Only according to the mirror. Wasn't it last week they said the same about us for £50m? Until announced by the player or his agent, its not likely to be true.

Still, he's not worth £60m

More Flip-flopping

I repeat the above and add... Until either

A) The Player or his Agent confirms it
B) We make an official announcement
C) The selling club makes an official annoucement

I'd take whatever twatter sauces and MSM sauces with a pinch of salt. Including the likes of Paul "No" Joyce

Both William Hill and Ladbrokes have suspended betting on us signing VVD
Paddy Power surely will follow suit soon (although they already did that a week ago, then reopened)

Stupid money for this guy. Unless we have pretty much an unlimited budget this summer.

Twatter chat:

Alex Rea ✔ @AlexReaSport
Spoke to Van Dijk at a Sony event ahead of CL final. Described #LFC as a "beautiful club" & said he's talked to Wijnaldum about Klopp etc
3:27 PM - 5 Jun 2017
364 364 Retweets 532 532 likes

Yeah it's pretty much done from what I've heard from my source. Not happy about it though if I'm honest.

Why not mate? He's probably the best CB in the league, and we're beating Chelsea and City for his signature. The fee is to much at 50 mill, but it is what it is. I'd rather spend top dollar for Klopps preffered choice then signing someone who is not as good to "save" some money. Hopefully we'll get 25 mill for Sakho.

Why not mate? He's probably the best CB in the league, and we're beating Chelsea and City for his signature. The fee is to much at 50 mill, but it is what it is. I'd rather spend top dollar for Klopps preffered choice then signing someone who is not as good to "save" some money. Hopefully we'll get 25 mill for Sakho.

A couple of things for me...

We could have got him from Celtic for about a 5th of the price we will pay.

His injury problems.

We could probably put some of that money towards a cb and someone else and be no worse off.

The whole Southampton thing again is a bit boring.

Good player, obviously, but there's too many question marks for me and the price is an awful lot, regardless of the market being insane these days.

Back
Top Bottom