• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Virgil is God

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a monster
A beast
A leader
A legend
A mountain
Everest
K2
Kilaman(literally)jaro
Fucking inhuman

Best defender to have ever played for us.
Best of the Best.
Consistent 9/10 10/10 performances every game.
Never gets injured.

The word I'm looking for to describe him is.....

Extraterrestrial.

He's from another dimension

He's heaven, sent from the gods.

He's what I'd imagine heaven would look like.

Rolls royce of a defender.

Bugatti Veyron, Lamborughesti Sesto Elemento, fucking Ferrari F60

Mother fucker shits on every CF he comes up again.

Oh, spare a thought on Joe. who, was again, sensationally good.

But back to Van Dijk, completely utterly transformed this club.

He's extraordinary. I'd go one further than Brendan and say he's the best central defender I've ever seen play for us, and I too was weaned on the Hansen and Lawrenson CB partnership. He has no discernible weaknesses. He's an amazing header, defensively and attacking. He's lightening fast. He's massively strong. He's an organiser. He's calm and thinks clearly when one on one with an attacker. What can the man not do?

He's extraordinary. I'd go one further than Brendan and say he's the best central defender I've ever seen play for us, and I too was weaned on the Hansen and Lawrenson CB partnership. He has no discernible weaknesses. He's an amazing header, defensively and attacking. He's lightening fast. He's massively strong. He's an organiser. He's calm and thinks clearly when one on one with an attacker. What can the man not do?
And as Troy Deeney said “He smells good as well”

All he needs to do is play for us for another 5 years to be our greatest ever.

Amazing today.

Gomez superb too.

Yeah.... but can he barbecue?

And as Troy Deeney said “He smells good as well”

Ha. Yeah, and when a thug like Deeney also says Virgil "likes a fight" you get some idea of how complete a player he is.

He is indeed a Rolls Royce of a defender, but one which also has scythes on the wheels when he has to.

EOqS3MUWAAIwE4t

He's just incredible. If we can keep him & Gomez as the CB partnership (with both fit) for another 18 months I think we will see Joe also start becoming a leader at the back also.

Hopefully Joe can learn a little from how Van Dijk attacks corners even when being double marked. That’s the part of the game Joe should be able to bring on and having someone like Virgil everyday at training.

Hopefully Joe can learn a little from how Van Dijk attacks corners even when being double marked. That’s the part of the game Joe should be able to bring on and having someone like Virgil everyday at training.

Hes just not nearly as physically imposing as Virgil is though. He can definitely work on the aerial side of his game as its probably his biggest weakness.

I too grew up on the poetry in motion style of defending that was Alan Hansen, and so am hesitant to elevate Virgil beyond him just yet (it has only been 18 months, don't forget)...

Bbut he has everything that Jockey had, and a strength and size that he didn't, so I do think that, by the time his time with us is done, he'll have cemented his place as our best ever defender... At the moment, he's only the 2nd best ever! ;)

I too grew up on the poetry in motion style of defending that was Alan Hansen, and so am hesitant to elevate Virgil beyond him just yet (it has only been 18 months, don't forget)...

Bbut he has everything that Jockey had, and a strength and size that he didn't, so I do think that, by the time his time with us is done, he'll have cemented his place as our best ever defender... At the moment, he's only the 2nd best ever! ;)

Jocky couldn't header his way out of a wet Echo, despite being a not tiny 6 foot 2.

My favourite player too. Never seen a defender play like him, and I think Virgil's even better.

I don’t recall Hansen being particularly blessed in the pace department - wasn’t Lawrenson the speedy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom