• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
53865612_2470095846355743_3801986663387758592_n.jpg

Gerrard kept being broken when he came on to the scene look how he turned out

Gomez will be fine, that last injury was a little unfortunate, not really from him being brittle but more thuggery from Burnley

Disagree this guy has had bad luck with injuries but we shouldn’t be relaying on him. For a young guy he has had some serious injuries. Definitely worth persevering with, I think he has been terrific in cb after a mixed start at rb. he seems to be out for long periods every season. Could be our ledley king. We need high quality cover in the summer.

Vvd and gomez is a monster partnership if he could stay fit. The 2 fastest players at the club at cb completely changes how we defend and meant we conceded a lot less goals pre Christmas.

Earlier today on TalkSh!te a very bitter City fan indeed was giving it large about how VVD was overrated and he'd prefer both Laporte and the "Barnsley Beckenbauer".

That lot are getting increasingly unhinged. They're clearly still very, very worried about us down at the Emptyhad.

If this squad was starting from day one the VVD would be made captain. There's no objective reason for Henderson to have it over VVD now; he's more talented, a fixture in the team, captain of his national side and genuinely capable of inspiring this team to victory. Whether or not it would be worth the disruption/drama is another matter, but if we had to make VVD captain to swerve off interest from Barca/Madrid then it should be a no brainer. The squad has moved on since the days that Jordan was made captain. Now Henderson is no longer guaranteed to start our biggest and most important matches and his playing time could come under even more threat if Keita continues to adapt to a deeper midfield position.

He's an on the field leader whether he's got the armband on or not. Does he really need the extra off field stuff that comes with being club captain?

Earlier today on TalkSh!te a very bitter City fan indeed was giving it large about how VVD was overrated and he'd prefer both Laporte and the "Barnsley Beckenbauer".

That lot are getting increasingly unhinged. They're clearly still very, very worried about us down at the Emptyhad.
Yeah that's just weird. I have a mate that is a Citeh fan. He used to be sound with all things regarding LFC. Me too with City. I have nowt against them particularly. Things came to a head a couple of years back when me and another Red mate of mine while a bit pissed pinned him down while I farted in his face. He wasn't pleased and now hates Liverpool. Oh well it was worth it. Admittedly I did have a potent madras that night so it couldn't have been pleasant...... :)

TalkSport. That clown Adrian Durham (who, since Raheem Sterling deigned to give him an interview, is now the most girly fan of his) heard someone call VVD 'Dick Van Dyke' and he laughed as if Oscar Wilde had just coined a brand new bon mot. The morons at that station really beggar belief.

I would sell Matip and Lovren for De Ligt. Both Matip and Lovren up their game when they play with VVD but not sure that makes them great defenders. Remeber Rio Ferdinand and Vidic, those two were a colosall wall for United back in the day and allowed United to attack, attack attack. Why not sacrifice our 3rd and 4th best defender and use that money to get the defender that currently plays along side VVD for Holland? De ligt surely wont be at Ajax come next year.

VVD, Gomez, De ligt and Hoever as our 4 defenders

It we were to draw Ajax in the next round with the second leg at Anfield, it would be brilliant to see De Ligt having a similar kind of moment at the end of the game that Virgil had when he was with Southampton and told a team mate ‘Why wouldn’t you want to play here’ Could make the difference.

That gravel-voiced troubadour who came to fame last season with his 'allez' thing, or whatever it was, is already demo-ing his song for De Light:

I have finally come around to the idea of Van Dijk being made captain next season. For one thing, so far we have won every single game he has started as captain, which may or may not mean something, but in any case it's clear he has become the real star and leader of this team. To score at that pivotal moment at the Allianz Arena underscores it; by comparison Hendo is around 2 years removed from the last time he made a game-deciding contribution like that (the goal away at Chelsea). I can see the argument for Hendo being the club captain and doing most of the off-the-field stuff, while Van Dijk leads the team de-facto – but I think we'll be doing ourselves a disservice to be so fortunate to have a real alpha dog (who also happens to be the best player in the world in his position) in the team and not make it official. Van Dijk would already probably win on players' vote, but I think during the pre-season Klopp should save Henderson the ignominy of being voted out and take responsibility for the decision. Gini would probably be vice-captain too – it's going to be the era of the Dutch masters!

TalkSport. That clown Adrian Durham (who, since Raheem Sterling deigned to give him an interview, is now the most girly fan of his) heard someone call VVD 'Dick Van Dyke' and he laughed as if Oscar Wilde had just coined a brand new bon mot. The morons at that station really beggar belief.
HAHAHA! A mate of mine told me about that. What a massive div. 'True friends stab you in the front' .

95% of what he says is purely for effect. A shock jock in a way. He doesn't really think some of those things.

I think Lovren is a dead cert to go, and if we have a chance of De Ligt I would definitely take it, and then have Matip and Gomez as cover.

I'd love Gomez to be his future long term partner as I genuinely think he could be one of the best in the league/Europe, but as others have stated, can his body last a full season? Evidence would say no.

You know that pass reminds me a lot of this pass from Enrique to Suarez

I'm not sure which is better tbh

I think Lovren is a dead cert to go, and if we have a chance of De Ligt I would definitely take it, and then have Matip and Gomez as cover.

I'd love Gomez to be his future long term partner as I genuinely think he could be one of the best in the league/Europe, but as others have stated, can his body last a full season? Evidence would say no.

Good point about Gomez! I think the club should rightly speculate that Gomez (potential world class) might be like Ox and Sturridge someone on who you can't rely on.

For me I say we go all out and get De Ligt, he's not going to cost Napoli Koulabily money (100m apprx), I think 50 odd million should do the job. I remember Davidson Sanchez was in a similar situation at Ajax and eventually cost Spurs 45m. De ligt being Dutch might make a little bit more of a premium on that though so 55m sounds reasonable.

Other transfer for me:
De Ligt (CB) replace Lovren, Sessegnon (FW/LB) - replace Moreno, Grealish (AM) - replace Lallana

I thought that we'd all been told that the Dutch kids has already turned us down to go to Barca..?

Something to think about. As good as Van Dijk is, there are always weaknesses to be ironed out and when you're the best, there will be lots of people on a hunt for one. Sounds like Babel wants to give old Virg a test on Sunday and at least break his "doesn't get dribbled past" streak.

Something to think about. As good as Van Dijk is, there are always weaknesses to be ironed out and when you're the best, there will be lots of people on a hunt for one. Sounds like Babel wants to give old Virg a test on Sunday and at least break his "doesn't get dribbled past" streak.

Ryan’s going to have to break his ‘can’t dribble past’ streak first I think. He’s shite.

Reactions: jan
That same pass was described as 'pretty simple' by Owen. Fucking dickhead.
To be fair Owen was on the receiving end of some spectacular long, low, powerful passes from Stevie for a good few years. He also played with Berger, Redknapp, Gary Mac, and maybe a couple more I don’t remember. He was spoilt with some amazing balls through to him back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom