• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vaarwel Gini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the midfielders we nwed to move on hes near the bottom of that list.

However I thought Barca were not signing anybody until after their presisential elections which dont happen til March because a new president may give Koeman the sack.

If we can sell The Ox,Shaqiri, and Origi should give us around £40 - 60m to replace Gini this summer, so not that worried

He's just another mercenary. He can fuck right off, I for one don't care at all.

That's very unfair, mate... He's been a warrior for us, and not a word of causing trouble behind the scenes. I don't think that it's all about the money for him, but rather that we're not even close to what he expects - Were we, I think he'd stay.

I also agree with the people who've said that it's a strange time to go to Barca, but having won both of the big ones with us this past 2 years, if he's more about playing for his childhood dream club, or with mates, or whatever, I can understand the allure.

That's very unfair, mate... He's been a warrior for us, and not a word of causing trouble behind the scenes. I don't think that it's all about the money for him, but rather that we're not even close to what he expects - Were we, I think he'd stay.

I also agree with the people who've said that it's a strange time to go to Barca, but having won both of the big ones with us this past 2 years, if he's more about playing for his childhood dream club, or with mates, or whatever, I can understand the allure.
Nah he’s in the Mcateer mould, just wants the fattest wallet going,

Barca will be bankrupt by April. They're completely fucked financially. Messi leaving them in the summer won't save them

Sad to see him go but there are a lot of very good much younger midfielders out there. I'm sure we'll snag one of them to start the rejuvenation process.

Irreplaceables at present are : Ali, VvD, Fabs, Robbo, TAA, Hendo, Thiago (proven top class), Mane and Mo.

Whoever we sign needs to have bones made out of titanium. I'd gladly take a less talent, exciting signing that can actually get on the bloody pitch.

Bissouma seems an ideal choice, as he plays a similar style and Brighton would sell for a reasonable fee.

Ruben Neves has won possession more than any midfielder in 2020 has a decent passing range and strike. I imagine will be expensive, though, and Wolves appear a fading force this year. Still a possibility and has played with Jota before.

Tielemans is absolute quality, but will be £60-70m, maybe more. Not happening.

Tonali at Brecia looks like the second coming of Pirlo in videos, but I haven't watched him properly, and Italians tend to stay put.

Renato Sanchez has supposedly come on leaps and bounds at Lille this year and delivering on his premature hype. Played with both Jota and Thiago before. Lille are also financially fucked due to COVID-19 and board-room issues. One to keep an eye on.

Tielemans is a mini Thiago. Maddison wouldnt replace Gini for us.
Not sure who we should target in all honesty.

I wasn't talking about replacing Gini with Maddison, I was just saying he's a good player who under reasonable circumstances would be nice to sign. I know there are better players out there and more realistic ones in terms of price. As per, the usual contingent wade in with the predictable sneering at UK grown players.

It's hardly a fucking "wow" is it? FFS.

Its a wow to me. I'm unimpressed with him everytime I see him play and is that annoying preening unwarrantedly big ego type. He has high usage and relatively low production for it from what I see. In addition, his best position is one we don't use.

Tielemans makes that team tick and plays box to box.

If you think its an English thing, then I'd also take Todd Cantwell over him. Even though again, for similar reasons I'd take Buendia over Cantwell. Buendia... I'd have him.

Yeah, that sounds like squad strengthening right there.

The Ox.... Very little to no impact.Plays ok for 15-20 when he plays and is not spend his time at the club on the injury list

Origi... Not even a half the player he once was, Makes token runs at best, No longer takes on and goes past players. As someone said here; He has lost intrest

Shaqiri... Semi decent player for us. shows some decent quailty when picking out a pass or cross. excellent free kick taker (for me better than TAA) problem being that he is hardly being used...

I would say that it is better to sell these three players that contribute next to nothing at the club and are bleeding us of money in wages; and find one or two quality players that add something to our team and make a difference when called upon to do so.

Keeping these three players does not strength the team (Unless you mean by their mere numbers) it takes away form that strength by having three bodies that do not contribute to it, and takes away the chance of players having that chance of first team football

We need to replace Gini, who did contribute with quality and goals, and we need the money to do so. I believe if Klopp has the money and is allowed to find and choose the player he wants, it will not be a problem for us.

I remember when Alonso went to Real, and at that time you had players at Real who could not get a game for the club and where almost forgotten about...
Player like Arjen Robben and Rafael Van Der Vaart. Players that when on to be massive for the clubs they when to...

I am sure that if we looked at Real, Barca and even Bayern we could find a Robben or Van Der Vaart type play there, a player that could prove massive for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom