• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Upcoming AFCON issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly not sure who would bring in that could cover for them, at their level, for a month, after sitting on their arses all season. Who is there? That's not stupid money, that's at their level, that can just waltz into a team after being on the bench?

I know it's not what we would want to do, but does the afcon force our hand into selling one of them, and then bringing in a very expensive replacement who will play every week, that wont be fucking off to go play in this stupid cup?
Why would they sit on their arse all season, Klopp rotates the squad quite frequently. There are actually young-ish players out there without ego's who want to win shit and develop and then there's also 26+ players who haven't won shit and is willing to join us in order to do so.
But no, it's not gonna be Mbappe or Sancho.

He does rotate, but how often does he drop one of the front 3 when they're fit? Very rarely, usually for poxy cup games.

He does rotate, but how often does he drop one of the front 3 when they're fit? Very rarely, usually for poxy cup games.

Because his options aren't strong enough, we need to buy some other, better options, even if you think that is beyond the realms of the possible, because you're an idiot.

Give us some names then dickhead. Must be at the level of Salah and Mane, and willing to spend most of the season on the bench, waiting to spring in at the level of those 2 after no game time.

I wait in anticipation of your exhaustive knowledge of all these players.

Like Brendan said, also how often has Shaq been fit this season? Klopp was forced to play Salah injured this season, Mane had like two weeks off before the season started for him. Klopp had plenty of opportunities to rotate but there were no suitable candidates.

Give us some names then dickhead. Must be at the level of Salah and Mane, and willing to spend most of the season on the bench, waiting to spring in at the level of those 2 after no game time.

I wait in anticipation of your exhaustive knowledge of all these players.

This retarded shit again.

So, there's no player out there worth scouting and recruiting, with a view to providing genuine competition for Salah or Mane.
Even Liverpool, with their vast network of scouts and contacts and databases may as well give up, if Brendan off of 6cm, or the spasticated halfwit Mors can't think of any.

We should all give up, probably. It's over.

You couldn't even come up with one could you you dopey cunt. Not exactly surprising.

We're going to struggle to cover them when they go for a month, it's losing 2, at the same time for that period of time.

Depending on who is available and a good fit, I'd considering 'swapping' Salah e.g selling him and using the money to buy an expensive like for like sort of replacement.

Also I think maybe Havertz, L Martinez, Sancho, and no chance Mbappe are all good fits

Why are you going on about a new front 3 player coming in and sitting on the bench until the AFCON comes. If they are of the riht quality they will probably play 3 out oevery 4 games, as will the other 3, all through the season, not just In January. Look how many midfielders we have - do they all sit on the bench, desparately hopin one of Fabinho Wijnaldum or Henderson pick up an injury, or do they get a good number of games each? (That question is rhetorical, BTW)

I think we have some cover already in Minamino, if we get another then they each play 3 out of 5 matches.

Sorry Tom, I can't get my head round what you've put there, I think it's just the way you've worded it. I was on about losing Mane/Salah, and you've mentioned replacements coming in but they will play if they're good enough? So lets assume for a minute that we've bought players it that are roughly at the same level (only going to cost about 200mill or something), how would they play 3 out of every 4 games? Are you saying that Klopp would just drop Mane and Salah when scoring and on form, randomly, and let the other 2 come in and play 3 out of every 4 games?

Maybe I've not read what you put correctly.

When Salah and Mane are fit, I don't see them getting dropped for the players on the bench, because of how good they both are. Granted due to fitness, they might get rested for a cup game or something, and the very rare game in the league maybe, maybe once every 10 games. But that would be it. If you imagine our league and champions league campaign is say 38+10 games or something, I can see Mane and Salah playing at least 45+ games of those if they are fit. Leaving say maybe 3 that they don't. That's not enough games for their 'replacements' when they fuck off to get into the team, adapt and get into this 'rhythm' that Klopp talks of. You can see it with the likes of Origi, Shaq, Ox, Lallana etc now, they might be good players at other teams, if they were playing every week, but overall for us they usually look 'ok' at best really, none of them look like they could realistically dislodge the starting 11.

I think that when Klopp has that quality available, either by paying silly money or, more likely, developing players like Mins, then yes he woould rotate the front 3 as he does the midfield.

So 4 matches may have a front 3 of:

S F M
S F X
S X M
X F M

Obviously not as rigid and clockwork as that, and depends on the versatility of X, but we already have a lot of versatility with M and S (oops, but better than S & M). Over the course of a season I could see each of 4 players playing 75% of matches in a front 3.

Let's not overlook the no. of games they would have played + lack of proper break over the past 18 to 24 months, given this year's AFCON and our schedule + squad strength in depth.

[article]Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp broke into a rant about player welfare lasting several minutes at his press conference on Friday, when asked about the decision to move next year’s Africa Cup of Nations back to January.

The Cameroon Football Federation announced the change on Thursday, meaning the likes of Sadio Mane (Senegal), Mohamed Salah (Egypt) and Naby Keita (Guinea) will all be pulled away from their club duties for around four weeks.

AFCON was held in the summer for the first time last summer, but the winter is preferred to avoid players playing in intense heat and keep the games away from other international tournaments or club competitions.

Responding to a question about the change, Klopp told reporters: “Do we really want to open this book? I couldn’t respect the Africa Cup of Nations more than I do, I like it, I’ve watched it a lot. It’s difficult circumstances a lot of times.

“But it is an obvious problem to play a tournament midway in a season. That is a general problem, One thing is FIFA plans tournament in the summer of 2021, a week later AFCON would have started…I’ve mentioned that in the past.

“It is another tournament, there are too many of them. The Other thing is it doesn’t help African players. We won’t sell Naby, Mo or Sadio because of it but if we bring someone in, it affects the decision. Normal process. We have to think about that. Players aren’t asked.”

Klopp was not done there, however. The Reds boss continued: “FIFA, who should [step in] doesn’t look like being involved. It’s a strange situation. If we want lesser games they will say take less money. I will say, I am ready to do so. Yes.

“For us, it’s a catastrophe. If we say he can’t go, he’s suspended. How can the club who pay his salary not decide?

“If he’s injured and we say he cannot play for us, we have to send him to Africa so they can have a look. We don’t have any say. We just plan the route. These are all things that should not be like this.

“I speak about it now and no-one will listen. The moaner from Liverpool again. It’s a complete waste of time.

As long as nothing changes, I will keep saying it. It’s about the players, not me.”

It is not the first time Klopp has spoken passionately about player welfare, with the German an outspoken critic of the Premier League’s festive schedule.

Liverpool, who played on Boxing Day this season before facing Wolves on December 29 and Sheffield United on January 2, were not the worst side affected.

Wolves played Liverpool less than 24 hours after beating Manchester City, who then played the Blades on December 29.[/article]

It’s actually bs to pick a host that has to change it back to Jan because of the weather.

So that’s Mane, Salah, Keita.

Thankfully Matip is retired.

Well have a large winter break the season after too with the WC three seasons in a row of missing our best attackers at crucial times (if they are still here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom