• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

United post-match delirium

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

Wow, what a game! Have to say, I felt some grudging respect for Man United for making it so hard for us – they are no match for us in many respects, but they've raised their game for this occasion once again. They were fighting and clawing for every ball for 95 minutes; a couple of their players probably played their best game of the season tonight. This shows even despite all the mismanagement and hollowing out, there is still a proper rival somewhere in there – unlike, say, City, who are a far better team than United at the moment, but don't have this kind of deep-rooted core, which makes it far easier for them to give up.

Keep the videos, opinions, tweets and ratings in here.

Last edited:

Wow, what a game! Have to say, I felt some grudging respect for Man United for making it so hard for us – they are no match for us in many respects, but they've raised their game for this occasion once again. They were fighting and clawing for every ball for 95 minutes; a couple of their players probably played their best game of the season tonight. This shows even despite all the mismanagement and hollowing out, there is still a proper rival somewhere in there – unlike, say, City, who are a far better team than United at the moment, but don't have this kind of deep-rooted core, which makes it far easier for them to give up.

To be fair - our finishing made it hard - not Utd - Mané should have scored and I’m still not sure how Salah missed his tap in.

To be fair - our finishing made it hard - not Utd - Mané should have scored and I’m still not sure how Salah missed his tap in.

Well it's both – not sure how United would have reacted at 2:0 down, but as long as they were in the touching distance they certainly gave us a game. I was hoping for a 6:0 or something like that beforehand, but have to say it also feels great to win a hard-fought one – and Alisson-Salah's goal at the end certainly made it a lot sweeter.

Well it's both – not sure how United would have reacted at 2:0 down, but as long as they were in the touching distance they certainly gave us a game. I was hoping for a 6:0 or something like that beforehand, but have to say it also feels great to win a hard-fought one – and Alisson-Salah's goal at the end certainly made it a lot sweeter.

Yes... frustratingly harder than it should have been.

Game should have been out to bed earlier.

However- a win is a win.

Respect to Utd? Nope. Not going to happen

Really the best moment of the game. This game should have been over long before it was, but that last minute goal and that celebration Salah/Alisson just made it feel great, like it was a boxing match going to distance and the boxer with the most points delivers the final blow.

Really the best moment of the game. This game should have been over long before it was, but that last minute goal and that celebration Salah/Alisson just made it feel great, like it was a boxing match going to distance and the boxer with the most points delivers the final blow.

It was great, but part of it was that Alisson's distribution was kinda poor leading up to it, so this was probably a bit of relief for him.

Some of Bobby's touches were out of this world - he was the best out of our front 3 by a country mile imo ... and before being taken off, a great defensive header in the middle of our box after a great manc corner ... He's fucking great, and to quote that rat Neville, "there is no manager in the world who wouldn't want him" ... our flabby melt, our legend.

Fourth placed Chelsea closer to the bottom than the top

[xtable=109x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=45x@}64{/td}
{td=64x@}Liverpool{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}63{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}62{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}61{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}60{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}59{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}58{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}57{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}56{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}54{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}53{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}52{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}51{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}50{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}49{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}48{/td}
{td}Man City{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}47{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}46{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}45{/td}
{td}Leicester{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}44{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}43{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}42{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}41{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}40{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}39{/td}
{td}Chelsea{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}38{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}37{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}36{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}35{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}34{/td}
{td}Man Utd, Wolves{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}33{/td}
{td}Sheff Utd{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}32{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}31{/td}
{td}Tottenham{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}30{/td}
{td}Cry Palace{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}29{/td}
{td}Arsenal, Everton, Newecastle{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}28{/td}
{td}Southampton{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}27{/td}
{td}Burnley{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}26{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}25{/td}
{td}Brighton{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}24{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}23{/td}
{td}West Ham, Watford{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}22{/td}
{td}Aston Villa{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}21{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20{/td}
{td}Bournemouth{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}17{/td}
{td}Norwich{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Ole is really bitter. "Most direct team in the league," "long balls, second balls," "it's not like they carve you open."

82546871_10158103459917249_765446421498298368_o.jpg

Does anyone know what the biggest points gap was between the two teams were when they were winning the league under Sir Alex ? Thanks in advance.

I think it was King Kenny's last season and the first one City won (for a generation or two). We've had so many shit seasons but this one one of the worst because I thought the tide had turned.

Hope united fans experience this repeatedly over the next ten seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom