• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trouble in Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely he can't be this bad on purpose?

In a way, a lot of that seems to come from almost deluded confidence in his own vision. It is the opposite of a 'captain sideways' approach, and it is obviously grim. There's definitely a very good player in him, but he will need to cut that shit out and learn that often, simplicity is best.

In a way, a lot of that seems to come from almost deluded confidence in his own vision. It is the opposite of a 'captain sideways' approach, and it is obviously grim. There's definitely a very good player in him, but he will need to cut that shit out and learn that often, simplicity is best.

Yeah, but he's almost 26 and was a key part of title-winning teams for club and country – surely the managers of these teams didn't allow him to produce these sulky/wasteful performances? I'm sure Mourinho teaches his players not to overcomplicate stuff – this performance was almost like a "fuck you," take everything the manager says and do the opposite. "Hollywood passes" – check, dribbling in your own half against 2-3 players – check, stopping play before ref's whistle – check, visibly frustrated body language while wearing captain's armband – check. I'm sure his off-the-ball work was even worse. It's like he's daring Mourinho to drop him.

Last edited:
Most overrated footballer in the world right now. They spent 90 mil on him before the market went crazy. I wouldn't pay half that now.

I thought he got so much praise for France because he played a very simple game that complimented the team.

Was it because he was surrounded by great players with the national team that he didn't feel pressurised to do fancy stuff and make things happen? Or Doesn't he take football as seriously at united?

I wouldn't be surprised if all this attitude wasnt right talk was cover for an embarrassing performance.

Nonsense.
I'd take him over Grujic.
Maybe even Ojaria

The thing is, I had just watched Ejaria put in a MOM performance for Rangers in a Euro qualifier immediately before watching the video. He didn't give the ball away once. Not a single time, and he still managed to set up some excellent chances and even slalomed into the box a couple of times. The contrast with this was incredible in terms of effective midfield play.

Yeah, but he's almost 26 and was a key part of title-winning teams for club and country – surely the managers of these teams didn't allow him to produce these sulky/wasteful performances? I'm sure Mourinho teaches his players not to overcomplicate stuff – this performance was almost like a "fuck you," take everything the manager says and do the opposite. "Hollywood passes" – check, dribbling in your own half against 2-3 players – check, stopping play before ref's whistle – check, visibly frustrated body language while wearing captain's armband – check. I'm sure his off-the-ball work was even worse. It's like he's daring Mourinho to drop him.
Wait, Pogba's nearly 26?! I thought he was 22 or something, justifying the hype, but if this is his peak...

The thing is, I had just watched Ejaria put in a MOM performance for Rangers in a Euro qualifier immediately before watching the video. He didn't give the ball away once. Not a single time, and he still managed to set up some excellent chances and even slalomed into the box a couple of times. The contrast with this was incredible in terms of effective midfield play.

Still flogging that horse?

He'll never make it.

Still flogging that horse?

He'll never make it.

We'll see what you say when he conducts Rangers to thrilling victory over the Hoops. You judged him as an 18 year old who you saw playing about 2 times. Young players have dips in form and confidence. In other words you don't have a clue Dreamy. He may not make it at Liverpool, but there is something special in Ovie.

We'll see what you say when he conducts Rangers to thrilling victory over the Hoops. You judged him as an 18 year old who you saw playing about 2 times. Young players have dips in form and confidence. In other words you don't have a clue Dreamy. He may not make it at Liverpool, but there is something special in Ovie.
The lad has a lot of hope. Robertson was a ‘meh’ signing remember.

He is a strange one Pogba, technically very good, good range of passing, good shot on him etc... and inconsistent as hell.

Like most people, I never thought he was worth anywhere near 90M two years ago and he certainly isn't worth it now.

All that said, he can be excellent on his day and perhaps pointing out how shit he played last week might annoy him enough to make him play well... I don't want that...

The thing is, 4 out of 5 appearances he's shit. His Brighton performance is much more consistent with his regular level of performance than the good ones. As others have said, he's no hot prospect any more. Nearly 26. When do you draw the line and just admit he's shit?

They'd still get more than they paid for him. He just won the world cup and his profile is massive.

They'd still get more than they paid for him. He just won the world cup and his profile is massive.

Yep I said the other day they'd make a profit on him.

Like what Uli Hoeness said about Ozil, Pogba's reputation and profile is down to his social media and marketing team. He doesn't do much on the pitch. There are tons of better players than him.

Yep I said the other day they'd make a profit on him.

Like what Uli Hoeness said about Ozil, Pogba's reputation and profile is down to his social media and marketing team. He doesn't do much on the pitch. There are tons of better players than him.

Yeah I remember when Utd signed him someone said he should share his massive signing on fee with Vine as that platform helped him get the gig.

So we think clubs sign players based on their social media profile now?

No that would be daft, but that the social media buzz creates an aura that suggests the player is incredible, like a more widespread, considerably more effective marketing version of player youtube vids. The player has inveigled their way into the popular imagination as someone much more skilled and dynamic than is the truth. Club boards and scouting committees are not immune to this influence.

I don't think he's sh!t but I do think he's at the wrong club. In football it's often said "never go back" and he's gone a long way towards proving the truth of that already.

And yet it's rumored he's interested in returning to Juventus. He's not that bright is he?

If I remember correctly you predicted he'd make it at Liverpool, i said I couldn't see it in him at all. Looks like I've been proved right in this case.

On the flip side I've thought Curtis Jones will make it from the first time I watched him.

I doubt any game in Scotland will be described as thrilling but if that's where continues to play then my intital opinion was spot on. He's not good enough for LFC

The lad has a lot of hope. Robertson was a ‘meh’ signing remember.

Rope me hole. We desperately needed to replace Moreno from the start of the season.

We signed a relegated left back for 8M that nobody else was interested in.

To feel disappointed about the signing was perfectly reasonable considering I wanted a left back who would walk straight into the team like VVD has.

As I've said elsewhere Robertson has been superb and proved not just me but a lot of fans wrong who questioned his purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom