• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather have Milner or Fabinho at RB than Clyne. All the hard work we do in attack turns to waste when he plays. So uncomfortable on the ball.

Kane is out for minimum a month, maybe two according to the first reports.
Him and Son out, that wont be easy for them.
Fuck Spurs. They are already gone. They are not going to gain 10 pts on us (with GD) anyway. It's all about City .. why the fuck don't they get 3 or 4 first teamers out at the same time instead of a nice steady 'couple out and a couple back' :(

I don't mind us loaning out Clyne.

What I don't get is why we loaned him out so early in the window. We should have held until the end of January to see where we were at injury wise.

Palace's main threat is out wide on the left. I do NOT fancy an ageing Milner or even averaged paced Fabinho (who both like to stick a leg in) up against a tricky, jet-heeled Zaha (who is eager to go down). We should have kept Clyne as defensively he could dealt with him.

Ideally, Gomez comes back in, but I really wanted him at RCB at Zaha likes to attack that channel between RB and RCB. Urgh. I can't help but feel the boss has dropped a potentially costly clanger here.

He let Clyne go because he wanted James Milner's influence in the team and dressing room?

James Milner has already played 25 games for Liverpool so far this season

Might be because his chances will be more limited in midfield going forward. Fabinho, Shaqiri and also Keita will be more involved.

Lovren is back in training this week, and Gomez next week. I think we’ll be alright given we’ve only got the league to worry about until the CL starts again.

2 weeks apparently.

Misses two home games..

If we cant win them then we need shooting..

In other news palace down to 3rd choice keeper for the weekend..

Yeah, if we get past Palace and Leicester, all being well we should have a few players back anyway.

With Brewster, the club is being hyper-cautious, not just with him but also with the management of news. He started light training late in September but the club only announced he'd started in early October. And as for full training, in his case it mainly comes down to semantics - he started a while ago, but via a bespoke series of solo sessions supervised by his regular medic and coach, rather than full training with the squad, and that's about to be announced. I think the reasoning is they want to keep the spotlight off him, give him some breathing space, and give the medical staff time in private to check he's okay at each stage of the process. But he's close now to a reserve game, thank goodness. I suspect he'll go through some sessions with the squad when they're away on their overseas training camp, and then push on from there.

Nat Phillips is behind schedule. He came back from injury, trained played, didn't feel right, then it was decided to have surgery on his ankle, and he's now in rehab. He'll be out for about two more months. So Masterson is very much the young CB we've got in reserve.

It’s not like we have history of players getting injured in the new year.

We are a couple of injuries away from all the good work going up in smoke.

Gini out would be a big loss

It’s not like we have history of players getting injured in the new year.

We are a couple of injuries away from all the good work going up in smoke.

Gini out would be a big loss

tenor.gif

Ha, I’ve always expected our squad depth to be our undoing.

More realisation of expectations than panic

Mate, you're the kinda guy who if you shagged Jessica Alba, you'd be fretting the fact you forgot to trim your nose hair instead of enjoying the fuck.
It's one player from our starting 11 - we can overcome his injury, like we did JoeGo, Matip's & Lovren's.
Enjoy the fucking ride.

Mate, you're the kinda guy who if you shagged Jessica Alba, you'd be fretting the fact you forgot to trim your nose hair instead of enjoying the fuck.
It's one player from our starting 11 - we can overcome his injury, like we did JoeGo, Matip's & Lovren's.
Enjoy the fucking ride.

I am thoroughly enjoying it. Doesn't mean I can't see the writing on the wall.

Kane is out for minimum a month, maybe two according to the first reports.
Him and Son out, that wont be easy for them.

They usually exaggerate Kane's injuries though don't they.

Mind you they exaggerate his ability also.

Shame we've lost Trent straight after loaning Clyne but... hey ho... cest la vie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom