• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer summary – summer 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
TRANSFERS IN:

Goalkeepers:

Centre-backs:

Full-backs:
Calvin Ramsay, 18 (Aberdeen) – signed for £4M rising up to £6.5M with add-ons

Centre-mids:
Aurelien Tchouameni, 22 (Monaco) – €100M, signed for Real
Jude Bellingham, 19 (Dortmund) – €120M price tag for next season

Kalvin Phillips, 26 (Leeds), signed for City
Gavi, 17 (Barcelona) – £40M+, negotiating contract extension
Carlos Soler, 25 (Valencia) – €20M
Ibrahim Sangare, 24 (PSV) – £21M
Youri Tielemans, 25 (Leicester) – £25M
Matheus Nunes, 23 (Sporting) - £34M, signed for Wolves
Nicolo Barella, 25 (Inter) – £60M+
Sander Berge, 24 (Sheffield United) - £15M
Moises Caicedo, 20 (Brighton) - £50M+
Douglas Luiz, 24 (Aston Villa) - £20M

Arthur Melo, 26 (Juventus) - signed on loan for £4M

Wingers/AMs:
Fabio Carvalho, 19 (Fulham) – signed for £5M rising up to 7M with add-ons
Arnaut Danjuma, 25 (Villareal) - £45M
Raphinha, 25 (Leeds) - £50M, signed for Barca
Gnabry, 26 (Bayern) – £35M

Strikers:
Darwin Nunez, 22 (Benfica) – signed for £65M rising up to £85M with add-ons

TRANSFERS OUT:

Sadio Mane to Bayern, £27.5M rising up to £35M with add-ons
Takumi Minamino to Monaco, £13M rising up to 15.5M with add-ons
Neco Williams to Nottingham Forest, £17M
Ben Davies to Rangers, 4M
Divock Origi to AC Milan, free

Woodburn, released
Ojo, released
Karius, released

================

TOTAL SPENDING: £78M rising to £102.5M with add-ons
TOTAL INCOME: £61.5M rising to £71.5M with add-ons

BALANCE: –£16.5M now and up to £31M with add-ons

Last edited:
Dixon-bonner (3 first team appearance) , Longstaff (1first team appearance) and Sean Wilson released on frees.

I think Adrian is under contract for another year. I also think Kelleher might agitate for a move this summer. He's 24 and could easily start for half a dozen PL teams. Wouldn't be a bad idea to loan him out with a view to eventually selling him for a big fee. Would have been ideal to have him as our no. 2 in the long-term, but that's just not realistic.

There is potentially a 30 million transfer fee in it for us if we play it right.

We'll have to hope that Pitaluga is up to being no. 2 in a year's time.

If we loan him out this season we probably have to dip into the transfer market for a new nr 2.

Just from the number of our CM links, I think it's pretty obvious we're looking to sign someone in this position. I would be somewhat surprised if we don't bring in a midfielder this summer.

I think its pretty obvious we'll be after Bellingham next summer. The question is what do we do this summer.
Sangare seems like a signing we could do.

I think its pretty obvious we'll be after Bellingham next summer. The question is what do we do this summer.
Sangare seems like a signing we could do.
Cos of their injury record it feels a bit light with just Fab, Hendo, Keita, Thiago as a core with Milner, Elliott, Curtis and Ox on the periphery. So I think we need a potential starter in MF now, with Ox needing to leave to free up wages.

Next summer Milner will be off, possibly Keita too. Hendo will be that bit older. Curtis might not have impressed. So I think there'll be room for Bellingham, just cant see us getting him. He'll be added to Real's ridiculous riches in MF.

Elliott is the enigma. Looked quality for those few early starts, such a natural at pass and move. Dunno why he couldn't get in the side after getting fit but think it might've been difficult to mentally get the rhythm for those big games. Maybe Klopp just taking the pressure off and letting his body heal and bulk up a bit. Excited to see him next season though.

Cos of their injury record it feels a bit light with just Fab, Hendo, Keita, Thiago as a core with Milner, Elliott, Curtis and Ox on the periphery. So I think we need a potential starter in MF now, with Ox needing to leave to free up wages.

Next summer Milner will be off, possibly Keita too. Hendo will be that bit older. Curtis might not have impressed. So I think there'll be room for Bellingham, just cant see us getting him. He'll be added to Real's ridiculous riches in MF.

Elliott is the enigma. Looked quality for those few early starts, such a natural at pass and move. Dunno why he couldn't get in the side after getting fit but think it might've been difficult to mentally get the rhythm for those big games. Maybe Klopp just taking the pressure off and letting his body heal and bulk up a bit. Excited to see him next season though.

We’ll get Bellingham.

Worst thing you could have done is stick it in sticky.

No, I think it’s the right place for it - it’s meant to be a summary (I keep editing the OP as the new information comes in), not compete with the other transfer theads.

We were linked with him at the tail end of May. He has Kante vibes about him from the clips I've seen.
He is super fast (not Adama level though), can dribble, tackle, pass, press but is about 5'6 or 5'7. Only 21 and Guinea International, so Naby knows him well. His price would be under 10m at guess.
Looks like the club have been watching him for months if the thumbnail is to be believed

You have forgotten a player on the potential departures and thats Ben Davies

Original post updated with Mane and Minamino departures and a couple of new transfer links. Did I forget anyone?

(P.S. I don't believe we're now going to buy the whole of Portuguese football, don't think some of those links are serious)

Updated with Berge and Caicedo. I wonder if the simultaneous appearance of these two links is a repeat of our Jamal Lewis/Tsimikas negotiation tactic.

Last edited:
Final update done. Unless someone has corrections to point out, we can lock this thread. Nunez, Carvalho, Ramsay and Arthur in; Mane, Minamino, Neco Williams, Davies and Origi out, around £16M overall spent rising to £31M after add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom