• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Dynamo Kiev midfielder Viktor Tsygankov is attracting Premier League interest.

Fotospor reports Bayern Munch, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool and Tottenham are all watching Tsygankov leading up to the January market.

Galatasaray are also keen, though there's resignation inside Turkey that they won't be able to compete with the likes of Liverpool and Bayern for his signature.

Ukraine international Tsygankov, 22, is tied to Dynamo until 2023.

This season he has scored five goals and produced six assists in 20 games.[/article]

[article]Liverpool starlet Rhian Brewster is a loan target for several clubs in January — with Aston Villa leading the race.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp revealed on Friday that he was willing to let the 19-year-old go out for the second half of the season to get more first-team football.
Villa boss Dean Smith wants Brewster to add another option up front.

But he faces competition from Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson as well as Championship outfits Leeds and Swansea.

Brewster has failed to break into the Liverpool first-team at the start of this season, making only two starts, both of them coming in the Carabao Cup.

With the likes of Sadio Mane, Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino way ahead of him in the pecking order at Anfield, Brewster will no doubt see his chances for playing time improved vastly with a loan move, and it remains to be seen where he ends up.

Both Villa and Palace have struggled for goals this season. Villa splashed the cash over the summer but striker Wesley has so far scored just four goals in 12 Premier League games, with midfielder John McGinn their second top scorer in the league with three strikes.

Palace, meanwhile, signed Jordan Ayew over the summer, and he has re-paid them with four goals in the league, but other than him they have a lack of striking options, with Christian Benteke yet to get off the mark in 11 Premier League appearances so far this season.

Reds manager Jurgen Klopp was initially reportedly not keen on the idea of Brewster leaving on loan, but may now have softened his stance.

When asked by FourFourTwo in September about the potential of a loan move Brewster said: "Yeah, I spoke to him (Klopp) at the beginning of the season and he just said “no”. He doesn’t want me to go on loan, he wants me to stay. So that’s fair enough and it’s good to hear."[/article]

So there's lots of talk about Sancho wanting away from Dortmund. Anybody seen enough of him to say whether he's good enough for Liverpool? Should we be in for him?

So there's lots of talk about Sancho wanting away from Dortmund. Anybody seen enough of him to say whether he's good enough for Liverpool? Should we be in for him?

He will be available on stupid money so I'll say no. He gives me the Lingaard vibes so double no.

He will be available on stupid money so I'll say no. He gives me the Lingaard vibes so double no.
Also the other night for England, his passing was way off, and some of his decision making was not that great. If we are gonna pay anything above 40M then that target needs to be near perfection on the basics.

The rumours about Brewster leaving on loan in January could only mean one thing imo. We're signing an attacker.

The rumours about Brewster leaving on loan in January could only mean one thing imo. We're signing an attacker.

Or, that post Milk Cup exit he’s getting no games as he’s not made enough progress, the U23’s weird season is doing him no favours and he needs to play games or he’ll stagnate.

He’s nowhere near the first team, I don’t doubt the plan was to use him though, and he needs to push on, play and, hopefully, improve. He won’t be doing that here.

Definitely a yes for me. He's not been playing well, but (1) he's a kid and (2) if he was on fire all the time the price would be a lot higher.

He has vision, technique, and he is a natural fit for our front three.

Yes he's flash but that's not surprising for someone in his position. I'd rather him than Mbappe.

You lot are fucking kidding right ? Just 19 years old. Has 4 goals and 6 assists in 10 BL games for Dortmund this season. Last season 12 goals and 17 assists (best in the BL) in 34 games .... in the Bundesfuckingliga as an 18 year old.

I'm getting the same vibes I had (and stated them here often enough) when Firmino was at Hoffenheim ... in that I'd love to see him at Liverpool.

However I've probably not seen any more of him than most here (for England and highlights of their age-group teams in competition) that said he looks to be just up our street in regard to backing up/rotating with Mane/Salah (I'm not intimating he's at their level yet), with his ability to play on either wing. His weakness seems to be defensive contribution, however very few attacking youngsters have that in their armoury. HIs strengths however are a perfect match for us .... I hope he sees it that way too.

I don't imagine we couldn't offer him a competitive salary (even though United, Barca and Real are the other three touted) but we'd need Klopp to do his video thing again.
Maybe The Athletic are our secret weapon .... they are the ones releasing the gen on his current issues with Dortmund and co-incidentally FFF posts their interview with Klopp ! He said he's not interested in a January move though.

He most certainly won't come cheap, €100m quoted by TransferMarkt though I doubt if he will cost close to that it will still be a lot (ranked most expensive player in the BL, 3rd most in players from England and 11th worldwide).

Who Scored
+ Strengths

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Passing{/td}
{td}Very Strong{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Key passes{/td}
{td}Very Strong{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Dribbling{/td}
{td}Very Strong{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Holding on to the ball{/td}
{td}Strong{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Finishing{/td}
{td}Strong{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Taking set-pieces{/td}
{td}Strong{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
- Weaknesses

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Aerial Duels{/td}
{td}Weak{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Defensive contribution{/td}
{td}Weak{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Jadon Sancho's Style of Play

• Likes to dribble
  • Likes to play short passes
  • Likes to do layoffs
  • Does not dive into tackles

Maybe The Athletic are our secret weapon .... they are the ones releasing the gen on his current issues with Dortmund and co-incidentally FFF posts their interview with Klopp ! He said he's not interested in a January move though.

Sounds very positive. It would be great to strengthen in January though. A bit of momentum being added to our title aspirations would be fantastic.

I am holding my breath, hoping we get through December, then we should bring in an attacker who can play both on the flank and in the centre.
We need that to help consolidate. We won't be injury-free.

We definitely could do with a couple signings in Jan.

Can’t see someone like Sancho joining in the summer never mind Jan.

I see that Barbosa lad is actually playing for Flamenco on loan from Inter, after loan moves to Benfica and Santos. Could he be another Coutinho, a player who Inter can’t integrate and hence worth a punt?

I see that Barbosa lad is actually playing for Flamenco on loan from Inter, after loan moves to Benfica and Santos. Could he be another Coutinho, a player who Inter can’t integrate and hence worth a punt?

Doesn’t seem like it on paper

Like @doctor_mac said, lots of talk of Sancho wanting out and this being part of the ploy. Apparently he was crap and subbed off after 39 minutes though.

If we did sign him it feels a bit like we’ve come full circle after selling Sterling to city. It’s not quite the same thing as signing a really promising player from a domestic rival but he’s similar age / position and it indicates that we’ve finally returned to the level where that sort of player would want to jump ship to us.

If we did sign him it feels a bit like we’ve come full circle after selling Sterling to city. It’s not quite the same thing as signing a really promising player from a domestic rival but he’s similar age / position and it indicates that we’ve finally returned to the level where that sort of player would want to jump ship to us.

Oh this will come when we sign Leroy Sane in the summer if 2021...;)

I really don't see us spending what Dortmund will be asking for. It's just silly money

His contract runs to 2022 and it's obvious he's not renewing. Dortmund need to plan their own renewal, so if he's not sold this summer, he will be next summer (2021).

One player I do want to see us make a move for now is Piotr Zielinski.

I know we seldom go back but it seems like the right time now l, with Gini and Hendo both hitting 30. Him or Hakim Ziyech would be great.

How so? He is definitely attainable, and surely we can afford him, we literally bought two GCSE students during the summer.

I would love him here but the fee will be in excess of 120 million and wages will be high. We don't make signings like these unless someone is leaving, like we did with the coutinho money.

I like Ziyech, but can he play central forward as well?
I think we need someone who can step in for Firmino at times.

He would have been my pick from the summer. Cannot believe nobody took him at his release clause of £25m. Maybe there's something behind the scenes.

No surprise. Good dancer that lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom