• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have held ‘concrete talks’ over a move for Kai Havertz. Bayer Leverkusen want approx £110m for his services, but with his contract running out in summer 2021 they may be forced to let him go for less. (Bild)

@rurikbird
With us getting Minamino, is there another need for another AM?
We need a LB and possibly a striker. Doubt Klopp will get another CB despite 3 of the 4 being injury prone, he possibly feels fifth CB would demoralise the team. Werner and may be Bertram. Southampton will probably sell if they're going down.

We need a LB and possibly a striker. Doubt Klopp will get another CB despite 3 of the 4 being injury prone, he possibly feels fifth CB would demoralise the team. Werner and may be Bertram. Southampton will probably sell if they're going down.
Havertz is one of the most highly rated players in the world and he's only 20 years old. He's excused from the "but we need a 'insert position' " discussion.

I'm waiting for the end of season fire sale at our previous retailer Southampton if they go down. I'd take that tall Scandinavian defender they have on a reduced price but that's about all I can think of for Southampton.

Last week I turned on the ufea league and see that Lemina guy they used to have playing for another team, I really rated him, so no wonder Southampton are struggling they don't seen to be making the sensible transfer decisions they used to

Lemina was a youtube player. No work rate, no end product and stroppy to boot. Getting rid qas the right strategy

His bird though, fucking hell

Last edited:
Minamino plays up top.. anywhere along the front 3.

Hes not an AM

Therefore Kai Havertz is on.. let's start the camp site.

Havertz is one of the most highly rated players in the world and he's only 20 years old. He's excused from the "but we need a 'insert position' " discussion.

Would love to have him here; but somehow I feel at this point Sancho is more likely.

Liverpool have held ‘concrete talks’ over a move for Kai Havertz. Bayer Leverkusen want approx £110m for his services, but with his contract running out in summer 2021 they may be forced to let him go for less. (Bild)

@rurikbird
His Wikipedia page reckons he's like a young Mesut Özil !!!

No... But I sometimes thinks Klopp has a midfielder fetish... We seem to be accumulating them whilst ignore other positions.

I remember Rafa seemed to have a goalkeeper fetish, he would always buy goalkeepers.

No... But I sometimes thinks Klopp has a midfielder fetish... We seem to be accumulating them whilst ignore other positions.

Don't think about 'need another' just think about 'upgrade' or 'replacement'. Lallana, and maybe Shaq, gone this Summer and maybe next season is Millie's last. So yes in the next two Summers we'll need three midfielders, MM the first, Havertz would be a stunning coup for the second.

Last edited:
Yep hes absolute top level
You (and all newbies) need an avatar mate ! An avatar defines you .. we can see who you truly feel you are in your soul .... like Manwithnoname's. Be at one with your avatar.

I'm waiting for the end of season fire sale at our previous retailer Southampton if they go down. I'd take that tall Scandinavian defender they have on a reduced price but that's about all I can think of for Southampton.

Last week I turned on the ufea league and see that Lemina guy they used to have playing for another team, I really rated him, so no wonder Southampton are struggling they don't seen to be making the sensible transfer decisions they used to
Maybe the other clubs from which it was buying have got wise that strategy.

Minamino plays up top.. anywhere along the front 3.

Hes not an AM

Therefore Kai Havertz is on.. let's start the camp site.
That's not right mate.

Japanese website : A midfielder who can also play as a forward.
Sky analysis : Minamino has primarily started as a central attacking midfielder or winger for Salzburg this season but can also play as a wide midfielder.
Totalfootballanalysis : His diminutive frame and low centre of gravity provides him an advantage, allowing him to run past players with ease. The attacking midfield role is one of the most important positions, especially when played in a narrow formation such as a 4-1-2-1-2. Minamino is solely responsible for making sure the attacks flow and the strikers are not starved of service whilst providing an attacking threat.

Squawka : According to analytics experts smarterscout, Minamino’s profile is similar to that of Adam Lallana in 2016/17.
You couldn’t say Minamino is a player who’s been pigeonholed. According to smarterscout, he’s clocked up over an hour’s worth of game-time in no fewer than six different positions this season so far:
Minamino in the Austrian Bundesliga:
RM/RWB:
356 minutes
CAM/SS: 72
CM: 148
LM/LWB: 134
LW: 82
CF/ST: 61

However last season he played nearly 1,100 mins as CAM and so far this season 347 mins as CAM in the CL alone (72 as RM or RWB and 47 as CM).

Smarterscout :
For anyone trying to mentally visualise Minamino’s style of play, the ‘similar players’ search function on smarterscout paints something of a picture.
Minamino’s attacking output in Austria’s top flight ranges from an 87 at RM to an 89 at CAM/SS in the Champions League in 2019/20. Like all smarterscout ratings, those numbers are based on a scale of 0 to 99 and, in Minamino’s case, they represent quite a jump from last season.
“In the previous two seasons, he played mostly CAM/SS, with average at best attacking [output] for the Premier League,” smarterscout add, “and a style similar to Lallana (in 2016/17) and Roberto Firmino (when used at CAM last season).”
Widening the filter to include players of other major leagues across Europe throws up an interesting name: Nabil Fekir, who Liverpool famously came a failed medical away from signing after the 2017/18 season.

He's a very versatile player who can player in any one of 4 or 5 positions, but he's made his name at AM.

That's not right mate.

Japanese website : A midfielder who can also play as a forward.
Sky analysis : Minamino has primarily started as a central attacking midfielder or winger for Salzburg this season but can also play as a wide midfielder.
Totalfootballanalysis : His diminutive frame and low centre of gravity provides him an advantage, allowing him to run past players with ease. The attacking midfield role is one of the most important positions, especially when played in a narrow formation such as a 4-1-2-1-2. Minamino is solely responsible for making sure the attacks flow and the strikers are not starved of service whilst providing an attacking threat.

Squawka : According to analytics experts smarterscout, Minamino’s profile is similar to that of Adam Lallana in 2016/17.
You couldn’t say Minamino is a player who’s been pigeonholed. According to smarterscout, he’s clocked up over an hour’s worth of game-time in no fewer than six different positions this season so far:
Minamino in the Austrian Bundesliga:
RM/RWB:
356 minutes
CAM/SS: 72
CM: 148
LM/LWB: 134
LW: 82
CF/ST: 61

However last season he played nearly 1,100 mins as CAM and so far this season 347 mins as CAM in the CL alone (72 as RM or RWB and 47 as CM).

Smarterscout :
For anyone trying to mentally visualise Minamino’s style of play, the ‘similar players’ search function on smarterscout paints something of a picture.
Minamino’s attacking output in Austria’s top flight ranges from an 87 at RM to an 89 at CAM/SS in the Champions League in 2019/20. Like all smarterscout ratings, those numbers are based on a scale of 0 to 99 and, in Minamino’s case, they represent quite a jump from last season.
“In the previous two seasons, he played mostly CAM/SS, with average at best attacking [output] for the Premier League,” smarterscout add, “and a style similar to Lallana (in 2016/17) and Roberto Firmino (when used at CAM last season).”
Widening the filter to include players of other major leagues across Europe throws up an interesting name: Nabil Fekir, who Liverpool famously came a failed medical away from signing after the 2017/18 season.

He's a very versatile player who can player in any one of 4 or 5 positions, but he's made his name at AM.
Then transfermarkt has let me down.. there analysis shows hes predominantly a RW who has also played CF and LW.

Thanks for the clarification

Vestergaard? He's shit and not even Saints fans seem to rate hin. I'd probably take Djenepo but that's it

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp on Canal Plus: "Kylian (Mbappé) is at PSG, Griezmann has joined Barcelona. We would like a French player but some of them are too expensive for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom